Trimui Smart Handheld Game Console 2.4 inch Mini Retro Hand Held Games Console Preinstalled Classic Games Built-in Rechargeable Battery Portable Style Hand-held Video Game Consoles System Yellow 32GB

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Trimui Smart Handheld Game Console 2.4 inch Mini Retro Hand Held Games Console Preinstalled Classic Games Built-in Rechargeable Battery Portable Style Hand-held Video Game Consoles System Yellow 32GB

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Excellent review! Shame the original TrimUI device is difficult / expensive to get hold of now that it’s been replaced by the PowKiddy A66. I own all the Nintendo handhelds (and a Vita!) but this is the device I play the most. It’s like the old adage about the best camera being the one you have with you. Reply Unfortunately, the 320×240 resolution on the IPS LCD display never fits quite right. The GameBoy Advance is always my starting point for these handhelds, and it ran at 240×160. The problem, for those who don’t spend way too much time thinking of these sorts of things, is that you want to be able to scale an image up in whole numbers to keep things looking as accurate as possible. If you doubled the dimensions of a GBA image to 480×320, then each pixel of the original image could just become 4 pixels in the new version and it would effectively look the same. Without a whole value to multiple, things get muddied and weird.

My main gripes would be that the screen is just too small for many people. My eyesight is OK so 2″ is just about acceptable, but even a 2.4″ screen would have been noticeably easier on the eyes. The device lasts about 3 hours on a charge, which is OK but shorter than we are used to. Copy the firmware zip file to SD card (by USB SD card reader), mount into Game device, turn on power. It has enough buttons to play the 8-32 bit era games (GB, GBC, Genesis, NES, SNES, Neo Geo, Arcade, PS1). As I mentioned earlier, build quality is fairly solid, and whilst being a micro console, the TRIMUI SMART still has a little bit of weight to it and does not feel cheap at all. I’m always a little worried about being able to play for extended periods of time on these micro consoles, usually because I tend to get cramps in my fingers. However, as the RTIMUI SMART is slightly larger than some of the other micro consoles I have reviewed, I didn’t have this issue this time around.

Add your roms in the apropriate Roms folders and all the artwork in Imgs folder on root in the apropriate folders that have been pre created. So, what platforms and games come pre-installed with the TRIMUI SMART? Gogamegeek sent me the 32GB version, which comes with 6,575 games. Platforms covered are: Arcade, NEO, FC, SFC, MD, GG/MS, GBA, GBC/GB, PCE & PSX. So overall, you get quite a few platforms to choose from for such a small, portable device. Battery-wise, I was getting a good 3.5 hrs. of play time before I was having to consider charging the console, which in my opinion, for such a small handheld, was fairly decent. One thing I did find to be very annoying was the music playing on the main menu screen. Even after turning it down within the settings, it would increase again when I came out of a game. However, within the settings, it still showed the music as being turned down. Hopefully, this will be resolved in a future OTA update. Small resoluition (< about 384 x 240) performance improve. High resolution (some PS 512x480), please use old SDL version.

Use any SD flash writing tool, such as win32DiskImager, Etcher, WinImage, to burn img files into an idle SD card, thus obtaining a rescue cardDoes this have software or hardware shutdown? Probably a daft question, but if it had hardware shutdown it could be suitable for my youngest daughter.

Simple to install, just extract the zip file as instructed and copy everything to your sdcard, overwriting whatever is needed. IMPORTANT: First boot should take 5-10min since a lot of files are being copied Instructions One of my favourite arcade games is Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, and this also played very well on the SMART. The fact that you can even pause and save your gameplay was great as I often find myself having small bouts of gameplay on these handhelds when sat around waiting for appointments or in a cafe. No 3.5mm Headphone Input (Only Bluetooth Headphones)..You Can Use USB-C headphones or a 3.5mm to USB-C adapter Though. Finally, there’s the actual firmware and emulators that make things run. The Trimui Smart runs on what seems to be a modified version of Retroarch, so a lot of the emulation settings that you can play with will be very familiar to emulation veterans. I’m sure that with some tweaking the performance could be boosted quite a bit, but I honestly never really found that necessary. As per usual, we’re keeping an eye out. It’s still quite early on this one. But with the pace of things in 2022, it’s safe to say that things will go pretty wild in 2023.The way update from manual copy trimui_tg2040.awimg to SD root, reopen with holding L+R and wait for blue LED. Lightweight and Portable: The game console takes into account the perfect proportion of hand feel and size. It is lightweight and portable, weighing only 100g.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop