The Ice Monster: David Walliams

The Ice Monster: David Walliams

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Krampus: This is the half-goat, half-demon counterpart to Santa Claus who, according to Central European folklore, goes around punishing naughty children at Christmas.

London, 1899. Meet Elsie, the 10-year-old heroine of our tale. Recently escaped from Wormly Hall Orphanage, she’s about to embark on a transition from barefoot urchin to world famous adventurer, in less time than it takes to say “another fizzingly fabulous book from David Walliams.” One thing, though: pop culture usually depicts it wrong. You may think of this creature as having white fur, but eye-witnesses always say it has dark brown fur. So I got an accurate yeti picture for you above. If you think it looks like bigfoot...you would be right. Cailleach: A Gaelic goddess, this mostly malevolent hag is the queen of winter. She herds deer, rides a wolf, fights spring, and freezes the ground with her staff. Some see her as the protector of wild animals. When Elsie, an orphan on the streets of Victorian London, hears about the mysterious Ice Monster – a woolly mammoth found at the North Pole – she’s determined to discover more… A chance encounter brings Elsie face to face with the creature, and sparks the adventure of a lifetime – from London to the heart of the Arctic!Hrimfaxi: The horse of Nott, the goddess of night in Norse mythology, Hrimfaxi's name means "frost mane," and he pulls the moon chariot. The frost from his mane falls to the ground below to make dew. (This is one of my personal favorite icy myths simply because I adore horses, but I left it off the main list simply due to there not being a lot to it.) Frostquake - The Beast roars and repeatedly slams his sword into the ground generating multiple frost pools which land after a short delay dealing damage. Pamola: A Penobscot legend, the Pamola is the guardian of Mount Katahdin, the largest mountain in Maine, and causes cold weather. It has the head of a moose, the body of a man, and the wings and feet of an eagle.

When Elsie, an orphan on the streets of Victorian London, hears about the mysterious Ice Monster – a woolly mammoth found at the North Pole – she's determined to discover more, but when a chance encounter brings Elsie face to face with the creature, it sparks the adventure of a lifetime – from London to the Arctic itself. ice monster ของพิธีกรดัง หนุ่ม กรรชัย ได้เปิดให้บริการครั้งแรกในช่วงเดือนกรกฎาคม 2549 หรือราว 16 ปีก่อน ณ บริเวณสยามสแควร์ ซอย 11 โดยมีจุดเด่นอยู่ที่ความแปลกใหม่ เนื่องจาก ice monster จะเป็นขนมหวานที่มีลักษณะเป็นของว่าง รสชาติเย็น ๆ คล้ายน้ำแข็งไส แต่มีเนื้อที่ละเอียดและนุ่มกว่า ทั้งยังมีน้ำเชื่อมที่เป็นสูตรเฉพาะของทางร้าน เหมาะกับประเทศไทยที่มีอากาศร้อน จนทำให้ได้รับความนิยมเป็นอย่างมาก David Walliams fans, are you ready for an absolute MAMMOTH of an adventure? The Ice Monster is David's biggest and most epic adventure yet! This is the story of a ten-year-old orphan and a 10,000-year-old mammoth… This is where the story becomes electrifying in every way, as a Victor Frankenstein type character arrives on the scene, and the mammoth ‘…like the biggest cuddly toy in the whole wide world,’ assumes a more animated role.

Deviation Actions

There's no mention of a way to escape the Snow Woman, but there are legends that reveal she has a willingness to show mercy. She has been known to spare people. One legend even tells of her sparing a young man due to his youth and handsome appearance, and later he discovers that the woman he married is in fact Yuki-onna. There were a lot of creatures I wanted to include on this list, but I simply couldn't cover all of them. So here are some honorable mentions. Now as I stated before, I love ice dragons, but for the most part, the ice dragon is a modern mythical creature, not really mentioned until 20th century and created only as a foil to the traditional fiery dragon. But there is one myth that may count as an actual ice dragon legend. Yet another myth from Japan, Kuraokami is a Shinto deity, and Shinto deities are Japanese dragons. With kura meaning "dark" and okami meaning "water dragon patron," this white dragon is one of the gods associated with the valleys (as opposed to the mountains, hence the "dark" in its name) and is the god of rain and snow. It is said that Kuraokami and his siblings, Takaokami and Kuramitsuha, were born of the blood that dripped from the hero Izanagi's sword after he slew Kagutsuchi, the dragon god of fire. However, temples to Kuraokami and Takaokami almost always show them together, indicating these two gods are either the same god or twin deities. This is a classic Walliams book. Funny, energetic, and with a well-judged dollop of sentimentality. The action moves from a brilliantly depicted Victorian London, to the icy tundras of the North Pole, with a large cast of characters. This creature, despite being something out of a horror movie, is no threat now. In one of the Inuit legends, a hero managed to kill Ikuutayuq, and her brother fled in terror. No such creature haunts the Arctic Circle anymore.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop