Surviving to Drive: The No. 1 Sunday Times Bestseller

Surviving to Drive: The No. 1 Sunday Times Bestseller

RRP: £20.00
Price: £10
£10 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

It’s clear from the outset who this book is aimed at: those fans of F1 who came to the sport via the smash-hit Netflix docuseries Drive to Survive. The clue is in the name, but also in the author.

It’s the hard work of everyone on our team that has returned us to the fight in Formula 1 and I can’t thank everyone who’s a part of Haas F1 Team enough for their efforts and dedication. I hope people enjoy this insight into our 2022 season and hopefully, they’ll come along for the ride in 2023 when we look to build on this year’s successes.” Guenther Steiner capitalising on the Drive to Survive effect?Look I am not the biggest fan of Guenther Steiner but I tried to go into this book as objective as possible. Gernerally I love the idea of how the book is build and generally the idea itself. I would LOVE to read this sort of book of any other TP just to compare how different they work.

People talk about football managers being under pressure. Trust me, that’s nothing. Pressure is watching one of your drivers hit a barrier at 190mph and exploding before your eyes…” Coming April 2023, Guenther takes readers inside Haas F1 Team for the entirety of the 2022 season in his first book ‘Surviving to Drive’, showing what takes place behind the scenes in running a Formula 1 team. Steiner emerges as not just Haas’ team principal but its public face, a motivator to its personnel, and effectively one of its co-founders given how he lobbied Gene Haas in the early 2010s to enter Formula 1. Their early encounters are relayed, including how Steiner was awoken at 2 a.m. to give a 90-minute presentation to then F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone about why Haas should be allowed into the sport. Steiner lives all of Haas’ highs and lows, and is desperate to see the team succeed. “It’s the last thing I think about before going to sleep and the first when I wake: (His wife) Gertie, (daughter) Greta, and two hundred employees scattered over the world,” he writes. If there is one adjective that sums up Guenther Steiner’s new autobiography entitled ‘Surviving to Drive’, it is straight-talking. Steiner staat dus bekend om zijn hilarische opmerkingen in Drive tot survive, maar in zijn boek kan hij er ook wat van! Bijvoorbeeld wanneer hij Alonso omschrijft als “Hij is ouder dan god […] Hij is net een gelukspoppetje. Soms een chagrijnig exemplaar, maar alsnog een gelukspoppetje.” 😂Guenther Steiner has been the unlikely breakout star of the show and this book aims to cement his celebrity via a diary-style romp through the 2022 season. Surviving to Drive—a not-so-subtle linguistic twist on Drive to Survive—is the most anticipated Formula 1 book in some time.

His battles are not just consigned to the Schumacher family either with the FIA and McLaren also coming into the crosshairs at various points and the book gives fans an idea of just how petty and political this sport can be. Weaved in among Haas's exploits are moments from Steiner's life, such as how he got into motorsport in the first place, through rallying, before joining three-time F1 champion Niki Lauda at the Jaguar F1 team, plus his time in America before convincing Gene Haas to set up an F1 operation. There are some wonderful stories, from his experiences in the 1992 Dakar Rally, to he and Lauda being driven to a hotel in Japan by a man who "had an Olympic medal in foking about". In Surviving to Drive , the Haas team principal takes readers inside his Formula 1 team for the entirety of the 2022 season, giving an unobstructed view of what really takes place behind the scenes. Through this unique lens, Guenther takes us on the thrilling rollercoaster of life at the heart of high stakes motor racing. Steiner intersperses some of the more humdrum days at grands prix with tales from his rallying years—his experience of a Dakar Rally disaster is extraordinary—his bafflement at the fame that his Haas role and DTS popularity has brought, as well as how he balances family life with 10 months of the year on the road. Steiner could probably write another book alone with just stories from his disastrous time at Jaguar alongside the late Niki Lauda, who emerges as one of Steiner’s biggest inspirations. What sets this book apart from other F1 books is its unique format. Instead of the traditional biographies that we've seen before from technical directors and principals which span an entire career, Steiner chronicles the events and difficulties of the 2022 season. He shares the changes and challenges brought about by the lingering effects of the pandemic, as well as what it's like to be a team principal managing the impact of new FIA rules, the budget cap, and handling a Russian driver with Russian sponsors amidst the developing situation in Ukraine.In addition to all of the above, one also learns a lot about running a Formula 1 team. Steiner not only describes his current job as the team principal of Haas F1 but his time in Rally and NASCAR and even how his current team was founded, as well. Steiner's no-nonsense approach, distinctive demeanor, and penchant for a profanity have earned him a legion of fans. People talk about football managers being under pressure. Trust me, that's nothing. Pressure is watching one of your drivers hit a barrier at 190mph and exploding before your eyes...' Guenther Steiner is one of motor racing's biggest and most celebrated characters, known to millions for his show-stealing appearances on Netflix's hugely popular fly on the wall series, Drive to Survive . Weaved in among Haas’s exploits are moments from Steiner’s life, such as how he got into motorsport in the first place, through rallying, before joining three-time F1 champion Niki Lauda at the Jaguar F1 team, plus his time in America before convincing Gene Haas to set up an F1 operation. There are some wonderful stories, from his experiences in the 1992 Dakar Rally, to he and Lauda being driven to a hotel in Japan by a man who “had an Olympic medal in foking about”.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop