Arthur High King of Britain

Arthur High King of Britain

RRP: £7.99
Price: £3.995
£3.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The two major centers for the cultus of Saint Constantine were the church in Constantine Parish and the Chapel of Saint Constantine in St Merryn Parish (now Constantine Bay), both in Cornwall. The former was established by at least the 11th century, as it is mentioned in Rhygyfarch's 11th-century Life of Saint David. At this time it may have supported a clerical community, but in later centuries it was simply a parish church. The Chapel at Constantine Bay had a holy well, and was the center of its own sub-parish. [9] Geoffrey of Monmouth, Vita Merlini lines 1128–1135. See: Geoffrey of Monmouth (2007). Huber, Emily Rebekah (ed.). "Arthur from the Vita Merlini". The Camelot Project. University of Rochester . Retrieved 22 September 2014.

Arthur High King of Britain – HarperCollins Publishers UK

Before he pulled that sword out of that stone, the young Arthur would have been running about in a country looking less like that of First Knight and more like the one in Monty Python and the Holy Grail - although the knights would have been more interested in staying alive than gadding about singing and dancing. The legend goes that Arthur was kept in the dark about his destiny, although Merlin had foreseen the young lad’s destiny years before. Young Arthur

Simko, Jan (1993). "Modernity of the Middle English Stanzaic Romance Le Morte Arthur". In Noguchi, Shunʼichi; Suzuki, Takashi; Mukai, Tsuyoshi (eds.). Arthurian and Other Studies: Presented to Shunichi Noguchi. Boydell & Brewer. pp.153–168. ISBN 0859913805. David Wood, chair of Action for Children’s Arts, said Morpurgo is “one of our greatest storytellers”.

BBC - Cumbria - History - Arthurian Legend in Cumbria

I read this aloud to my 5 and 9 year olds, who both enjoyed this story. We had just heard Meg Cabot's Avalon High on CD, so it was interesting for them to see a different version of the Arthurian legend. As much as I love Michael Morpurgo as a writer I am also prepared to say that this was not his best work. Armistice Day: A Collection of Remembrance - Spark Interest and Educate Children about Historical Moments Audio version of this review to follow on Reading in Bed Book review Podcast from readinginbed.bandcamp.com from 01 August 2021 * Au courant de ma jeunesse, j'ai parcouru la bibliothèque municipale de ma ville en long et en large, lisant tout ce que je pouvais sur les légendes arthuriennes. Je les aimais vraiment beaucoup. Je regardais aussi beaucoup les émissions de télévision et les films qui y étaient reliés. Je viens tout juste de terminer la série de The School for Good and Evil, et je dois dire que je n'avais pas vraiment aimé la version des faits de cette histoire. Alors, j'ai vraiment apprécié le fait que je pouvais entendre plusieurs personnages dont les noms me sont très familiers malgré le temps passé depuis la dernière (vraie) légende arthurienne que j'ai lue.I confess to being a bit disappointed, I found it it quite slow, with fairly bland prose; to my surprise my Son loved it; read it at bed time and he found it engaging, never growing sleepy, always asking questions and begging for another chapter - so it obviously does something right. In fairness I learned a few new things about King Arthur as well.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop