Generique - Bat costume for babies - Classic- 0-6 months (58-66 cm)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

What’s the best nighttime creature? Bats of course! The flapping terrors at night, bats are symbolic at Halloween especially. Some folks are terrified by bats and others have an obsession for bats. Whether you have a fascination for English bats or find YouTube videos just adorable, we’re here to help you become a bat for Halloween! I love to sew, but life is so busy it seems like Halloween is the main chance I get to sew. While in the last several years our girls’ costumes have become much more elaborate to make, these bat costumes were nice and simple. Yarn: Malabrigo Yarn Merino Worsted (100% Merino Wool; 210 yards [192 meters]/100 grams): 508 Blue Graphite, 3 skeins

Baby Bat Costume - Free Crochet Pattern - love. life. yarn. Baby Bat Costume - Free Crochet Pattern - love. life. yarn.

That year our girls were obsessed with bats. At school, Julia’s teacher read the class a book called “Silverwing” about a young Silverwing bat. So then Susan read the other two books in the series to both Julia and Sophia. The story got them so excited about bats that they all decided to dress up as bats for Halloween. Row 12: Ch 1, sc in next 8 dc, hdc in next dc, dc in next dc, tr in next dc, (tr, ch-3 picot, tr) in ch-2 sp, tr in next dc, dc in next dc, hdc in next dc, sc in next 5 dc, hdc in next dc, dc in next dc, tr in next dc, (tr, ch-3 picot, tr) in ch-2 sp, tr in next dc, dc in next dc, hdc in next dc, sc in next 8 dc. It also fits really well since I used a onesie as a guide (we sure do have enough of them!) and the snap tape makes it easy to get baby in and out – something that a lot of knit and crocheted baby items don’t think about!Cut a small rectangle out of the center of the top of the fabric, about half the measurement of their arm circumference deep, to make a space for the child’s head. Row 11: Ch 3, (dc in next 9 dc, 2 dc in next dc, ch 2) twice, dc in next 9 dc, 2 dc in next dc, turn – 33 sts. Fold the fabric in half length-wise so that the center fold of the fabric is lined up with the vertical edge of your wing pattern.

Baby Bat Halloween Costume | Pottery Barn Kids Baby Bat Halloween Costume | Pottery Barn Kids

Row 10: Ch 3, (2 dc in next dc, dc in next 8 dc, ch 2) twice, dc in next 8 dc, 2 dc in next dc, turn – 30 sts. Row 9: Ch 3, (dc in next 7 dc, 2 dc in next dc, ch 2) twice, dc in next 7 dc, 2 dc in next dc, turn – 27 sts. I want to be able to easily change a diaper without having to undo a ton of buttons, and, let’s face it – two buttons at the crotch area is not going to stay closed very well so larger buttons don’t work that great. I wanted snaps like a regular onesie and thank goodness snap tape is out there. Oh where does the time go? It seems like just yesterday we brought this little guy home from the hospital and now he is nine months old!! I took these pictures over the summer when he was smaller but time has just flown by so fast. Row 1: Sl st in first 2 sts, ch 1, sc in each st to last 2 sts, leave rem sts unworked, turn – 28 (32) sts.

A Warm Halloween Costume

You only have to draw one wing because you will cut your fabric on the fold, which will create two wings that are still connected.) At the top of the arms, I extended the pattern so I would have enough fabric to fold over their arms. I then sewed in place. I just went to my local JoAnn store to the ribbon section and bought it by the yard. It also sews in super easy, too, even if you aren’t good at sewing! It doesn’t take much – I even had some of the 1/4 yard left over. Row 6: Ch 3, (2 dc in next dc, dc in next 4 dc, ch 2) twice, dc in next 4 dc, 2 dc in next dc, turn – 18 sts.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop