who put the men in menopause?: hilarious poems for older women

who put the men in menopause?: hilarious poems for older women

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I call the Change of Life ‘Orchids’ because menopause is such an ugly word. It’s got men in it for godsakes. – Lisa Jey Davis In peri-menopause, our brains are being rewired to live with more inner wisdom, to adapt to a more direct current (intuition); and we may experience insomnia, forgetfulness, and depression. It takes a great deal of courage and faith to go through this change, and some women go through painful breakdowns before they are ready to relinquish the struggle for control. – Dr. Christiane Northrup, author of The Wisdom of Menopause What I would say, which I’ve said to myself and girlfriends who’ve also experienced hot flashes, in particular, is that change is part of being human. We evolve and should not fear that change. You’re not alone. I feel that part of living this long is experiencing this, so I’m trying to turn it into a very positive thing for myself, which it has been, in the sense of acceptance and tolerance and education about this time of life. – Kim Cattrall angst, funny, health, nature, religion, satire, wifeme, me, Menopause Prayer Now I lay me down to sleep Menopause is a perfectly natural process. As family members and friends recognize that this is a normal process and learn about the normal, natural symptoms, they will then treat the woman like she’s normal and natural rather than a crazy woman. — Pamela Boggs

In my book called The Funny Side Of Menopause, I discuss many funny situations I’ve found myself in during perimenopause, and menopause. Hot flashes come and go like waves, Our bodies flush, our cheeks ablaze, But think of all the money saved, No need for heat, our bodies are pre-paved. But if we decide to take the high road and embrace menopause, we will understand that instead of crying and complaining, we will WANT to laugh. We will WANT to smile. We will WANT to embrace the good and throw out the bad. We might not all experience the same symptoms but the struggle is just as real no matter if you speak English, French, Portuguese, or some other language. So bring on menopause, we say, We’ll face it with a smile each day, We’ll celebrate this time of change, And embrace our lives, no need to rearrange. Symptoms that make us strongerThese menopause quotes will help you feel inspired, supported, and understood as you navigate this unique stage in your life. I think menopause gets a really bad rap and needs a bit of a rebranding. I don’t think we have in our society a great example of an aspirational menopausal woman. — Gwyneth Paltrow When it hits you, the last thing you want to do is laugh at yourself, yet, a good laugh is exactly what you need. Menopause, oh menopause, The time of life that gives us pause, Our bodies change, our tempers flare, We laugh, we cry, we pull our hair.

Historian Susan Mattern explores menopause through the ages, and in the process reclaims it as something positive—a new way of living and contributing to society. The peri-menopause symptoms can be managed by making lifestyle changes. Think of the symptoms as your body’s way of crying out for love, help, and attention. — Tanith LeeSo menopause, it may seem tough, But with love and laughter, it’s not enough, To break the bond between us, and stuff, We’ll face it together, and say “enough”. A woman’s perogative This poem was written for https://www.overthebloodymoon.com/ who remove the muddle from menopause for individuals and organisations with a range of menopause support services. These funny little moments brought to life with witty words are what Pam’s come to be known and loved for, but recently she has taken the risk of publishing some of her more serious poems that she’s worried about revealing before. Menopause is normal, and it’s how we perceive it that determines the outcome. If we are negative, complaining about it all the time, we will soon become depressed. Our bodies and minds will reflect that toxicity. Maybe it’s time to try a cleanse?” Another will chime in, with a sense, Of hope that this will make a difference, And help them shed those pounds immense.

If you deal with it in a healthy fashion, then I think you come out the other side a better person. I’ve got so much more energy now than I ever had in my early 50s before the menopause. — Julie Walters My wife, she’s working through the change, Her moods are wild, her temper’s strange, One minute sweet, the next deranged, It’s like her brain has been rearranged. There is no better time for women approaching or currently going through menopause to start or renew an exercise program. Physical activity can play an important role in counteracting many of the changes a woman experiences in her post-menopausal years. — Sabrena NewtonYou can do this (this thing, where your body will cease to produce hormones and your skin, hair, muscles, and bones… basically every part of you will notice, go into withdrawals, and stage a coup). Be prepared for this mentally, and you’ll own this “thing”. – Lisa Jey Davis

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop