Samyang AF 12mm F2.0 Autofocus Lens for Sony E

Samyang AF 12mm F2.0 Autofocus Lens for Sony E

RRP: £309.00
Price: £154.5
£154.5 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Well, no company has a stranghold on the camera market, obviously. But there are large numbers of photographers for whom price is an issue, especially in high tax countries. For example, a new Sony/Nikon/Canon camera costs less in NYC than in Tokyo. Europe? Don't even ask. Even better, why not CP in today's "brute-force" cameras*...? since the new even FF sensor in Sony A1 has faster readout speeds, the smaller sizes are faster and cheaper to build for CP :-) Hello, Brad. When I do add a polarizing filter on the Rokinon 12mm, I go with a Hoya ( http://amzn.to/2qx7wqD). Those that recommend not using one on a wide angle due so for good reason. This article does a good job of explaining the effects: https://havecamerawilltravel.com/photographer/polarizing-filter-wideangle-lens. I just use as needed and fix some of the listed issues in post processing. Reply I would call this at most a tertiary concern in a wide angle lens, but you can take creative shots with a wide angle lens that show a foreground object close to the camera in focus while not quite blurring out the whole scene. It is hinted at enough to give the image more context than a longer focal length that tends to blur everything.

Samyang AF 12mm F2 E - Focus Review (P)review Samyang AF 12mm F2 E - Focus Review

Is there a typo somewhere? I find it hard to believe that the filter thread could be bigger than the lens diameter... Visit us and you'll always find a friendly welcome. Our policy is to treat our customers as we would like to be treated ourselves, a simple ideal that we try hard to live up to. This lens is also excellent for landscape photographers or anyone looking to explore the look of an ultra-wide lens. It really depends on how you use the lens and for what. For landscapes you just set it to F8 and 1m and then everything will be sharp. But using it at F2 and focusing at closer distances you can easily get a limited DoF and AF would be a significant help here. The build quality of this lens is excellent. It feels very solid, despite weighing only 245g. The lens mount is metal and the lens is also compact for a lens with a bright f/2 maximum aperture. This makes the lens a perfect companion for more compact Micro Four Thirds bodies and it balances well with the P anasonic Lumix GX7 used for testing.Tnaks to its comapct size and light weight, the 12mm f/2 balances nicely on Fujifilm cameras such as the X-T5. Image credit: Andy Westlake Resolution and contrast are fairly good, but acuity isn’t sky-high. Textures aren’t mushy or blurred, but neither are they pin-sharp. You can see some significant drop-off in the extreme corners. The new linear stepping-motor delivers fast, quiet and accurate autofocus, with a close focus distance of just Not to mention that on daylight and slow subjects/landscapes, the humble 1" sensors do a fine job compared vs. APS... Hence a 300gr. rx100 is AWM wherever i go daily (foot!), while my a6k with 18-135 kit stays home (and so would my a7R3 kit)... Lab-test results for ultra-wide-angle lenses never tell the whole story, as the physical size of the test charts requires that images are shot from very close range. In our real-world tests, we found sharpness to be excellent in the central region of the frame even when shooting wide-open at f/2, and edge/corner-sharpness to be generally very good, rising to highly impressive levels at apertures between f/2.8 and f/8.

Used Samyang Lenses | Park Cameras Used Samyang Lenses | Park Cameras

For me this lens is more interesting on APS-C like Sony or Fuji as it gives an ultra wide fov (18mm equivalent in ff/35mm film terms) whereas the 24mm fov is a more common wide angle and a few m43 zoom lenses offer this already. Even wide-open at its F/2.0 maximum aperture, the AF 12mm F2.0 E delivers superb image quality from centre toHaving a weather seal is encouraging, especially when you’re out in inclement weather and don’t want to risk damaging your equipment. That's like saying that Intel and Apple CPU's are exactly the same, just use different instruction sets. Photography IS about colors. And different filter arrays and demosaicing make a tremendous difference even if the underlying tech is the same. Mild barrel distortion is visible, but it’s easy to fix in raw processing when necessary. Fujifilm X-T5, Samyang AF 12mm F2 X, 1/20sec at f/8, ISO 125. Image credit: Andy Westlake

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop