Hypnobirthing: Practical Ways to Make Your Birth Better

Hypnobirthing: Practical Ways to Make Your Birth Better

RRP: £14.99
Price: £7.495
£7.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Siobhan manages to completely demystify hypnobirthing, making it accessible and relevant to all women and all births. This book will be a complete game changer and I will be recommending it to mums-to-be from now on' Sarah Turner, author of The Unmumsy Mum Being pregnant for the first time, I was absolutely terrified about birth (aren’t we all?!). I usually (and still do) faint during a routine blood test. So the thought of bringing another human being into the world was beyond scary. For a while, I just avoided thinking about it; denial seemed to be a good default. That changed when a friend mentioned hypnobirthing. She was very much into yoga pre-pregnancy (I wasn’t), so I was a little sceptical that it would be for me. I thought it was really reserved for the wellbeing and mindfulness crew (not the chocolate and Netflix gang). Yes, of course, women who don't know any better are convinced that they need inductions sooner than they are comfortable with, and sure, many might agree to interventions they don't understand, but for the love of god, let's not get on our Western high horse and convince moms-to-be that the absence of white coats will inherently make their births connect them to the divine feminine. The book teaches you how to understand the changes in your body so you can make informed decisions, as well as practising relaxation skills, mindfulness and meditation so you stay focussed and calm during labour. This has helped readers feel less anxious about giving birth.

Here are the best hypnobirthing books 2023. The best hypnobirthing books, audio and apps: at a glance I love that the book prepares you for every birth situation. It gives you the tools you need to make informed decisions, even if your birth plan doesn't go to plan. I love how they encourage birth partner involvement (my husband read it too), because they will play a huge part on the day. In this book, The Positive Birth Company’s founder Siobhan debunks common myths about hypnobirthing and explains why she believes it can make every type of birth a better experience - from a water birth at home to an unplanned caesarean in theatre. Most honest pregnancy book: Nobody Tells You: Over 100 honest stories about pregnancy, birth and parenthood

6. Best hypnobirthing podcast: The Hypnobirthing Podcast

You look forward to the amazing and empowering experience that is giving birth, trusting that you, your body and your baby know exactly what to do." If you’re expecting a baby, you may be considering hypnobirthing, a technique that can help relieve pain and feelings of stress during pregnancy and labour. Like lots of things to do with becoming a parent though, it can feel overwhelming trying to find the right information, which is where the best hypnobirthing book comes in very handy. Created by author and midwife Tracy Donegan, the GentleBirth app is a helpful tool for mums during pregnancy and labour.

In her book, Marie uses techniques like visualisation, positive thinking and breathing exercises to help women to relax during labour and feel less tense, which in turn can greatly reduce the pain of childbirth and help to shorten the birth and recovery time.Where: 1 Thomson Road, Balestier Hill Shopping Centre, #01-346, Thomson Rd, Singapore 300001 3. Beloved Bumps Photography: Beloved Bumps I also have the Gentle Birth app, which has loads of audio content you can access whenever but also has daily recommendations throughout pregnancy.” (Tried and tested by Mumsnetter Wingingitsince2018) Our verdict So, what is hypnobirthing? Essentially, it's a form of antenatal education, an approach to birth that is both evidence-based and logical. Hypnobirthing certainly doesn't involve being hypnotised; instead, it teaches you how your body works on a muscular and hormonal level when in labour and how you can use various relaxation techniques to ensure you are working with your body (rather than against it), making birth more efficient and comfortable.

My wife is having our baby in a few months, and having read this book, it's clear that I knew almost nothing about what to expect and how to help her when she gives birth. Nothing, of course, except what I've seen on TV: lots of screaming, shouting of "push!" and a sense of danger and urgency. As a man, I recognise the TV father helplessly spectating, comically fainting, or sitting outside an operating theatre chewing his nails. Most empowering pregnancy book: Your No Guilt Pregnancy Plan: A revolutionary guide to pregnancy, birth and the weeks that follow I read Your Baby, Your Birth by Hollie de Cruz and it’s brilliant. I also did the Positive Birth Company online course and although I haven’t read Siobhan’s book, the course was brilliant and I liked her approach.” (Recommended by Mumsnetter Excitednerves) Our verdictReading the title, I thought this would be about hypnosis, but it's actually about breaking a cycle of fear and trying to create an environment where the mum-to-be can relax and allow her body to work its natural magic. It's not dogmatic about birth needing to be 'natural', and the author says to be ready for changes to the plan, and that a C-section is just as positive as a vaginal birth if it feels positive. I'm grateful to no longer be the quintessential helpless father figure, but the "keeper of the cave", responsible for managing the environment, relaxing mum, supporting her through the breathing exercises, and being by her side throughout the experience. In this book, Siobhan debunks common myths about hypnobirthing and explains why she believes it can make every type of birth a better experience - from a water birth at home to an unplanned caesarean in theatre.

After being highly recommended this book by a friend, I figured I may as well give it a go. I assumed hypnobirthing was something to do with being hypnotised, but the term is a bit misleading, it has nothing to do with being hypnotised! It's more just the science and psychology around birth. It also points out the common misconceptions around birth, and really puts it into perspective how ill informed so many woman are when it comes to labour. Using a range of techniques, including self-hypnosis and visualisation, the book can help you feel more calm and confident during labour, leading to less chance of intervention and reduced pain. How we chose our recommendations Recommendations from parents While it hasn’t been scientifically proven, lots of women find hypnobirthing an effective pain relief technique. Using a mixture of self-hypnosis, breathing techniques and relaxation, it can help women to feel more calm during labour. Research into hypnosis-based interventions has found that it can reduce fear and pain and enhance a feeling of self control. There are currently 62 episodes, with two new ones released every month. For anyone wanting to research and learn more about hypnobirthing and how it can be put into practice, this is a great place to start. Presented by mum-of-two and hypnobirthing coach Clare, the Hypnobirthing Podcast is a series looking at the positive effects of hypnobirthing.The big question, of course, is, does hypnobirthing work? Well, there’s heaps of research out there showing the merits of hypnobirthing, plus some pretty famous fans (Angelina Jolie and Megan Markle were both rumoured to use it!). A Mumsnet favourite, the book Hypnobirthing: Practical Ways to Make Your Birth Better by Siobhan Miller is the best hypnobirthing book to buy right now. It explores hypnobirthing, common myths and provides useful information to help women prepare for all kinds of childbirth.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop