You Can Trust Me: the darkly gripping YA thriller for fans of I MAY DESTROY YOU

You Can Trust Me: the darkly gripping YA thriller for fans of I MAY DESTROY YOU

RRP: £7.99
Price: £3.995
£3.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I really liked the character of Livy. She is loyal, adores her family and very human in her reactions to events in the book. I would have liked to have seen more of her husband Will however, I didn’t feel that I got to know him as he spent quite a lot of the story away from home on business, and sometimes came across as a bit “cold”. We only meet Julia through other people’s recollections of her. She comes across as warm, funny, sharp – a very colourful character, but one with hidden depths. The first thing I took from You Can Trust Me is that you can literally not trust one single person in that town. It had me second guessing every character repeatedly and that's something I love in a thriller. Julia tried to call Livy the previous night and left messages for her to call her as soon as possible as she wanted to talk to her about something.

You Can Trust Me by Kiersten Modglin | Goodreads You Can Trust Me by Kiersten Modglin | Goodreads

Currently, she comes to her best friend, Julia's, flat for lunch and finds her dead which is ruled a suicide. In a “thriller with a sharp take on wealth and privilege” ( People, Book of the Week), two best friends grift their way through the California elite—until one scam goes awry.

Tracklist

Interspersed with this search are narratives from the killer, telling us about how each of his victims met their end. There’s some clues dropped that make one or two characters more likely suspects, and though one stood out the identity of the killer wasn’t revealed for certain until very late on. I write mostly teen thrillers - plus some teen romance, books for younger children and four adult psychological thrillers. LEO and MARTHA – Leo is Paul’s dad and Will’s boss. Martha is his wife. … … … I genuinely cannot think of anything else worthy of saying about them. I mean, Marth’s entire character arc is “wife of Leo” so … yeah.

You Can Trust Me by Gina Blaxill | Waterstones You Can Trust Me by Gina Blaxill | Waterstones

An outstanding story. Cleverly plotted, fantastically written and a fast-paced, intriguing read’ Lauren North, author of THE PERFECT BETRAYAL Olivia is the domestic goddess who has won millions of followers by sharing her picture-perfect life online. And now she’s releasing her tell-all autobiography.Eager for a big score, Leo catches in her crosshairs Michael Forrester, a self-made billionaire and philanthropist. When her charm wins him over, Leo is rewarded with an invitation to his private island off the California coastline for a night of fabulous excess. She eagerly anticipates returning with photos that can be sold to the paparazzi, jewelry that can be liquidated, and endless stories to share with Summer. I felt quite sorry for Livy in this book, she’d already lost her sister, and her husband had cheated on her, so to lose her best friend (Julia) as well was awful for her. Left alone with her grief and doubts she tries to figure things out on her own, soon discovering a possible ally.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop