Sovereignty: The Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Men

Sovereignty: The Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Men

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

It has now become his life's mission to help men across the planet step more fully into their roles as protectors, providers, and presiders over themselves, their families, their businesses, and their communities. These book is a great outline for any man who is looking for framework to improve himself and to be engaged in his masculinity, his responsibilities, and his roles in society. I really liked the principles he lays out and the actionable plan to continue growing and becoming more the man I'm capable of being. A must-read for scholars, students, and activists as well as those seeking to implement more inclusive and realistic policies. This book brings to life interactions among globally connected activist communities seeking to challenge dominant and rather simplistic ways of thinking about inequality, the environment, poverty, and food production.

A powerful addition to a growing body of work aimed at enhancing our understanding of the ways in which, through the vector of finance, a transnational power regime controls the key levers of policy-making in Africa and undermines efforts at winning economic sovereignty.

I decided it was about time I read his book, and while I can't say I made a lot of new discoveries, his straightforward, get-to-the-point approach on what men should do to take control of their lives was still a breath of fresh air.

We cling to the truth that God’s providential purposes are always good; but, we are free humbly to admit our ignorance about God’s specific purpose in a specific circumstance. Though, certain points don't need elaboration and Ryan tends to keep dragging on certain lessons and their implications in life. This collection is the first to offer a wide-ranging, comparative and historical look at how African societies have attempted to increase their policy influence and move beyond neoliberal orthodoxy and US-dollar dependency. Ryan talks about his life experience including family moments, military moments when he got sent to Iraq, and starting his own financial business later on. problematizes the interplay between theory and practice of statehood and sovereignty, as in the perception of Northern Cyprus as a ‘fake state’, scholars’ promotion of Kurdish ‘statehood’ in Iraq, and studies affirming the ‘Islamic State’.His world may be gutless, his world may be filled with men that are not living to his standard, but I know many good men and the world he describes does not reside in this reality. Also reading speed for this book felt rushed, thats just me, but he seemed to be speed reading his own book at 1x speed. Talks about the Dichotomy of Ownership (Dichotomy of Leadership and Extreme Ownership) and the last section of the book is a summary of The 12 Week Year by Brian Moran. It is a different view of being a man to the one I have and just a little bit 'American' and chest thumpy for this UK mind.

Three prominent scholars, combining their expertise and different perspectives, provide a brilliant, astute, and far-reaching autopsy of our present turmoil. All used books might have various degrees of writing, highliting and wear and tear and possibly be an ex-library with the usual stickers and stamps. If you’re looking for a book that’s no fluff and full of actionable steps, this is the book for you!

His military training, and the life or death stakes he was up against, reinforced the need to take responsibility, duty, and attentiveness extremely seriously. Whatever the reason, I loosed off my entire arsenal of biblical argumentation against this offensive idea (which, as I had only been a Christian for a few years, took mere minutes). I realized that I wasn’t mentally strong yet, wasn’t decisive, didn’t have that warrior mindset, now I know this will definitely be my battle plan. He offers practical advice for men who want to reclaim their gifts and blessings that make them unique as men. Perhaps the author is trying to meet the needs of his target audience, but not all men fine it necessary to use bad language.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop