NINA SIMONE, ain't got no - I got life, B side do what you gotta do, RCA 1743, 7" single

£9.9
FREE Shipping

NINA SIMONE, ain't got no - I got life, B side do what you gotta do, RCA 1743, 7" single

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I Got Life’ is a real celebration. There are always reasons to choose the positive side of life, no matter how bad things seem or how difficult the way ahead looks. Nina Simone’s exuberant response to adversity brings to mind the words of poet Maya Angelou, another civil rights activist: And in terms of its pop media presence, according to a study conducted in 2010, it holds the distinction of being the second ‘Most Performed Song in Advertising’ in the UK. The Iconic Nina Simone The caveman that was vigilant to danger was more likely to survive than his ever-optimistic friend. While the former considered rustling in the bushes a reason to be on guard, the latter headed towards them in wide-eyed anticipation. In that situation, expecting the worst – a sabre-tooth tiger perhaps – was a necessary element of survival.

This song was written by three individuals. They are as follows: Galt MacDermot (1928-2018), James Rado and Gerome Ragni (1935-1991). It was Nina Siimone herself who took the two songs, reworked them and combined them into one. She however, doesn’t get any official songwriting credit for “Ain’t Got No, I Got Life”. Success of “Ain’t Got No, I Got Life” This melancholy outlook on life is exhibited perfectly in the opening lines of this Nina Simone classic. Focused on the negatives and downsides of life, she sounds like a women concentrating on the things to be upset, scared or worried about. I got life… for now, says the caveman Nina Simone was a prominent activist in the US civil rights movement of the 1950s and 1960s. She experienced first-hand the segregation and discrimination of the time. Despite her natural musicality and training as a classical pianist, she failed to gain entry to the prestigious Curtis Institute of Music in Philadelphia due to the colour of her skin.

Statistics

One explanation for this behaviour offered by psychologists and sociologists is that it is a primitive instinct. That leads us into sort of the bridge of the song, where she is questioning the meaning of her existence in the first place. And in doing so, she decides to change her perspective and rather focus on the things she has rather than what she does not. Later in life, i.e. post-1970s, she wasn’t as musically active. But by that time she had established an infallible legacy nonetheless, along the way being given shoutouts by the likes of the following: In maintaining such an outlook on life, we risk falling into a life of constant pessimism and, potentially, isolation and depression. There is a reason Eeyore – from AA Milne’s much-loved Winnie the Pooh stories – was always alone. Forget the bad things, I got life But in spite of all of this, she still proclaims the virtues of maintaining that positive attitude to what life throws at you. Celebrate life today

Nina Simone (1933-2003) was a singer born in a part of North Carolina known as Tryon. Even from a young age, her spirit did not agree with the practice of racial inequality. Also from a young age she exhibited exceptional musical skills. Watch: New Singing Lesson Videos Can Make Anyone A Great Singer Ain't got no home, ain't got no shoes Thankfully these days we only need to avoid overly-pushy double-glazing salespeople or high-street ‘chuggers’. But the mind-set remains for many of us.That would be the singer appreciating the fact that she has life in general despite, as noted earlier, being economically and socially challenged.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop