Awful Auntie

Awful Auntie

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

We can see illustrations in this book that gives added essence to the story. I would like to recommend this book all, especially children.

Aunt Alberta is in a mission of seeking an inheritance of the Great Saxby Hall, corners her cousin Stella and tortures her. Stella lost her parents in an accident, she was in a state of futile. “Soot” a Chimney ghost comes in, to aid her. Stella was a great character, it wasn't her fault. She was the reason why I gave the book 2 stars at all. Even though her life is turned upside down, even with the loss she has suffered, she keeps on fighting. But she also shows emotion, we can see that she is terribly sad, and afraid. Yet, with the help of Soot, she continues her fight against her auntie and her auntie's evil plan. Even though she grew up in this big house, she wasn't that spoiled. Maybe it had to do with the fact her parents were practically poor, thanks to the awful auntie. Still it was refreshing to see a girl in a big mansion not being a total princess about everything. While it's definitely an improvement on Demon Dentist (which for me just went off the rails), and contained more emotion, it's simply not as laugh-out-loud funny as Gangsta Granny or as heartfelt as my favourites - Billionaire Boy and The Boy in the Dress. The dark aspects I'll be interested to ask our young library customers about. It may wash over them. But if your child was upset by the ending of Gangsta Granny, you might want to read this yourself first. More 'Dahl-like' moments - a Mr-Twit beard moment in describing Aunt Alberta, a feel of James and the Giant Peach in some of the sad Saxby family history, some Miss-Trunchbull-like pranks)The time period. For the first time, Walliams has set his book in the past. 1933. Though you'd barely know it from the book. I only realised from looking at the family tree dates, the book itself hardly mentions anything that sets it in a period. The old car and telephone are the only clues. I recommend this book to people aged 8+ but if you are younger than that and you are a strong reader then give it a go. I hope you will consider reading this book. This book was a step up from Mr Stink and I can't deny that it's very good. I read it to Celyn and she asked that I give it 5*. Personally I would deduct 1* and here's why: Awful Auntie is awful when it comes to Aunt Alberta, she is so creepy and dark in plotting awful ambushes. “Soot” the chimney ghost is an admirable character, and his appearance in this story gives real flavour to this story. The 'Raj' epilogue is wonderful. From the moment I realised the time period I knew we wouldn't be seeing Raj. And he's my favourite (recurring) character.

This book was accompanied by cute illustrations which made the story even more delightful. Also this book is funny. I was laughing at so many instances! My favorite character is, hands down, Gibbon The Ancient Butler. I also loved the giant owl! Awful Auntie won the Specsavers National Book Awards "Children's Book of the Year" in 2014. [7] Film adaptation [ edit ]A bright and brave female heroine in Stella, young heiress of a large country house, orphaned but determined not to let her evil aunt Alberta steal her house from her. Even though generally David Walliams books are hit and miss, I just keep reading them, hoping to find another one that is good. Did I like this one? At times, yes, but mostly no. Mr and Mrs Twit are extremely nasty, so the Muggle-Wump monkeys and the Roly-Poly bird hatch an ingenious plan to give them just the ghastly surprise they deserve! Alberta, o impătimită a jocului Tiddlywinks, dar și a bufnițelor, a reușit să-si piardă toată averea ei, precum și a fretelui, așa că are un plan de a intra în posesia conacului Saxby Hall, neștiind de testamentul făcut de fratele ei. Aunt Alberta - at times she's funny (her retellings of Fairy Tales for her niece), but she's also like the villains of Demon Dentist and Ratburger in that she's more stereotype than real, though she's better characterised than either of them. She seems to be based on Miss Trunchbull, even in the drawings, and does get some juicy moments.

A wonderfully wordy opening scene (expect KS2 teachers to use this in Literacy lessons on descriptive language), setting the snowy scene in Saxby Hall. Soot was an interesting character, though I knew what he was, his role and everything else, from the start. It was just so obvious that it would be odd had it been something else entirely. He was a good friend to Stella, though I felt sorry for the idea that she would lose him so soon. His accent was a bit annoying and it took me some time to get through the parts that featured him talking.Would I recommend this book? If you don't mind an over-the-top, trying to hard to be funny plot and a terrible character, then sure, read this one. My favourite character is Wagner, Alberta's owl, because he starts off helping Alberta but then he goes on to Stella's side to help defeat Alberta. I don't think he even liked Alberta in the first place! This book tells the story of Stella Saxby, the sole heir to Saxby Hall, who is plagued by her awful Aunt Alberta and her giant owl, who will stop at nothing to take her inheritance from her. [1] [2] Plot [ edit ] A very amusing butler in the ancient Gibbon, muddling up everything nicely. Even though he is underused.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop