Led Zeppelin by Led Zeppelin

Led Zeppelin by Led Zeppelin

RRP: £49.95
Price: £24.975
£24.975 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Tour posters, backstage passes, 45 sleeves and enigmatic record ads combine to complete this symphony of design and colour, turning the book into a visual feast that coexists with Popoff’s scholarly marking of the band’s many milestones. Fans hoping for a book that examines Led Zeppelin’s on-stage musical development will be better served by reading Dave Lewis and Mike Tremaglio’s recently updated “Evenings With Led Zeppelin” book instead. The good, the bad and the ugly coexist in the Led Zeppelin story, and Spitz knows well enough to report and tell it all.

Bought this as a present for an adult Zep fan, but, despite quality binding/cover, the content was little more than a collection of photos. There s no doubt Jimmy was pleased that I When Led Zeppelin came to Denmark in the late 60s, the locals barely knew what hit them. On Marc Maron’s podcast, Spitz says Ealing is in North London, Page put Crowley’s maxim not he vinyl of Led Zeppelin II etc etc.

This definitive volume includes unseen photographs and artwork from the Led Zeppelin archives and contributions from photographers around the world. Led Zeppelin wasn’t the first band to let loose on the road, but as with everything else, they took it to an entirely new level. From their eponymous debut album to their final album as a group, the pictures and stories in this book are a must read for any Zepp fan! Rock band photographers take note, it would be nice to know what song was playing when the photograph was recorded.

The book mentions a 1988 Malcolm McLaren interview with Grant which took place for an unreleased documentary, raising hopes that Spitz has uncovered previously unreported comments. Any photographer worth their salt will tell you that being in the right place at the right time is an essential part of getting a great shot. Anyone familiar with live Led Zeppelin recordings knows the album track is actually from a recording of the band’s January 9, 1970 show at the Royal Albert Hall in London, information that appears on recent releases of Coda. I notice that RP does tend to back off from much of what goes on in the world of LZ these days, and I must say that when I read his biography, I felt that much was held back and not much given away.Blame the drugs and the alcohol and the enabling if you wish, but this is one group portrait that doesn’t flatter. Five Glorious Nights – Led Zeppelin at Earls Court May 1975 offers a permanent visual record of a band at their absolute zenith – in a setting that truly justified their status as the world’s greatest live rock attraction. Spitz, whose previous subjects include The Beatles, Bob Dylan and Ronald Reagan, knows he needn’t exaggerate the band’s abhorrent behavior, from drummer John Bonham’s blind-drunk sexual assaults to guitarist Jimmy Page’s petulant entitlement.

Please specify whether you wish to use your Debit or Credit card (no account necessary) – or you wish to use your Paypal account. As he did with his magisterial The Beatles, Bob Spitz tells the story of Led Zeppelin with a poet’s heart, and with a knowledge of that sweep of musical and cultural history that is breathtaking. The 1984 satirical rockumentary, “ This Is Spinal Tap,” was inspired in part by the same aspects; the film got some of its biggest laughs by utilizing Led Zeppelin’s absurd 1977 Stonehenge stage set.

Brilliant that so many people are still so passionate about the band, and long may it continue to be so…. After its release it became a New York Times bestseller paperback, and is hyped by its publisher as being the best-known Led Zeppelin biography. The stories I have from people about how the music of Led Zeppelin has affected their lives has been a moving experience.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop