Dancing By The Light of The Moon: Over 250 poems to read, relish and recite

Dancing By The Light of The Moon: Over 250 poems to read, relish and recite

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

A little poetry really can save your life . . . Poetry is officially good for you. Not only does it enhance literacy in the young, but learning poetry by heart is the one truly pleasurable thing you can do to improve memory, boost brain power, extend your vocabulary and beat cognitive decline as time goes by.

Dancing By The Light of The Moon: Over 250 poems to read Dancing By The Light of The Moon: Over 250 poems to read

Gyles Brandreth has compiled a collection of 250 poems that he believes will transform your memory and change your life. I couldn't agree me -- Dr Max Pemberton * Daily Mail *As a performer, Gyles Brandreth has been seen most recently in ZIPP! ONE HUNDRED MUSICALS FOR LESS THAN THE PRICE OF ONE at the Duchess Theatre and on tour throughout the UK, and as Malvolio and the Sea Captain in TWELFTH NIGHT THE MUSICAL at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.

Dancing by the Light of the Moon: Over 250 Poems to Read Dancing by the Light of the Moon: Over 250 Poems to Read

Gyles Daubeney Brandreth is an English theatre producer, actor, politician, journalist, author and TV presenter. Born in Germany, he moved to London at the age of three and, after his education at New College, Oxford, he began his career in television. To instil a love of literature, a copy of Dancing by the Light of the Moon ought to find its way into every home in the land Daily Mail, Book of the WeekGyles Brandreth is one of Britain’s busiest after-dinner speakers and award ceremony hosts. He has won awards himself, and been nominated for awards, as a public speaker, novelist, children’s writer, broadcaster (Sony), political diarist (Channel Four), journalist (British Press Awards), theatre producer (Olivier), and businessman (British Tourist Authority Come to Britain Trophy). Not only does it enhance literacy in the young, but learning poetry by heart is the one truly pleasurable thing you can do to improve memory, boost brain power, extend your vocabulary and beat cognitive decline as time goes by.

Dancing By The Light of The Moon - Penguin Dancing By The Light of The Moon - Penguin

Discover Dancing by the Light of the Moon, a collection of poetry to last you a lifetime - poems that will bring you joy, solace, celebration and love for every occasionIf there is anything that I had long considered to be inscrutable, it is poetry. It strikes me odder when poems are recited with passion and by heart. Gyles Brandreth is in practice one such candidate, who gives the listeners of various podcasts his favourite poems. Suitable for readers and audience's of many ages, notably helpful, read aloud to those with Alzheimer's and Dementia. (Proved an absolute hit with a friend's Dementia Group.) Gyles Brandreth has compiled a collection of 250 poems that he believes will transform your memory and change your life. I couldn't agree me Dr Max Pemberton, Daily Mail Thanks to him, I have come to enjoy poems as they are. What used to be in the way of my poetic appreciation was scepticism. Instead of being fussy about the rhyming scheme or line breaks, having read 200+ English poems in under a week, I have changed. As an afterthought, isn’t performing and feeling the poems what I learned to do since my first ever Chinese lesson? In Dancing by the Light of the Moon you will find a remarkable collection of the best-loved poems in the English-speaking world.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop