Dangerous Lady: A gritty thriller about the toughest woman in London's criminal underworld

£4.995
FREE Shipping

Dangerous Lady: A gritty thriller about the toughest woman in London's criminal underworld

RRP: £9.99
Price: £4.995
£4.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Despite this being predominantly a crime novel, I loved the way that the family saga was wound and weaved into the story. I felt like reading it again just to see how many times she said the same thing, but I couldn't put myself through that again reading the same thing. Most purchases from business sellers are protected by the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013 which give you the right to cancel the purchase within 14 days after the day you receive the item. Creating strong characters and story lines that will have you gripped from the first page to the last. The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products.

Maura is a beautiful 17-year old girl who becomes involved and infatuated with a policeman, Terry Petherick which is complicated further when she falls pregnant by him. No one thinks a seventeen-year-old girl can take on the hard men of London’s gangland, but it’s a mistake to underestimate Maura Ryan: she’s tough, clever and beautiful – which makes her one very dangerous lady. The life and times of one of London's top crime families starting from the birth of the youngest Ryan and the only girl of the family Maura to her first love and how she became the most dangerous woman in London.The story is mainly about Maura and how she transformed from being an innocent girl to being one of the toughest criminals in England .

Nevertheless it did keep my reading to the end but nevertheless I enjoyed the novel and I will hopefully be reading some more of Cole’s works for my blog in the future. Finance is provided by PayPal Credit (a trading name of PayPal UK Ltd, Whittaker House, Whittaker Avenue, Richmond-Upon-Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom, TW9 1EH). Together, she and her brother Michael are unbeatable: the Queen and King of organised crime, they run the pubs and clubs, the prostitutes and pimps of the West End. The plot covers the exploits of the Ryan family up to the mid-1980s, culminating in the death of Michael Ryan and the arrest of Maura. I had it in mind to muse on the fact that she is a best-selling author, that she certainly knows the world of crime and criminals and that she is without any doubt a compelling story teller.At the same time her eldest son, Michael Ryan has already begun to turn to a life of crime as the police come looking for him as he is a runner for an illegal bookmakers. Maura (Maws) and Michael (Mickey) are fabulous characters along with all the other Brothers, Mum and Dad etc. I enjoyed the setting, the "rags to riches" narrative, the romance elements, and the focus on the dynamics of an entire family (the Ryans). The police are determined to put away Maura once and for all – and not everyone in the family think that’s such a bad idea.

She also interlays the profiteering of the 1980s that saw the ruling classes alongside the criminal classes make lots of money. Martina Cole's extraordinary first novel DANGEROUS LADY introduced a totally original genre of thriller, paving the way for her multiple No. The only real negative is I found Cole’s use of foreboding a bit too obvious and forefront in the earlier chapters as there is quite a few chapters which end saying a character will live to regret what they have done. So I am writing this review in a notepad on the eve of my family trip to Great Yarmouth which I’m really excited about and I can hopefully share some pictures of it on my Instagram and Twitter pages over the next few days as the by the time I post this I will be back from my holiday – boo! Cole is brilliant at portraying the good among the bad, and vice versa, so until the very end we never quite know who to trust.It's a tale of protection rackets, grubby London clubs, gold bullion robberies, violent characters, brutal killings and a most determined and ruthless woman who might never have turned to crime had it not been for sad chance. An ok read if you like MC, again very much like most of her other novels; the Irish Catholic IRA connection, the young man wanting to be a face, the sexual element and the strong female lead.

By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Dangerous Lady was a four-part British mini-series TV drama, which aired on ITV and was based on Martina Cole's 1992 novel of the same name. I found myself laughing at the witty sayings and descriptions she has a clever way of describing people and things. When it comes to the crunch, Maura has to face the pain of lost love in her past - and the dangerous lady discovers her heart is not made entirely of stone.Anyway one day when she was at work I snuck into her room to read about it and came across my first F-Bomb in print which makes me laugh when I think about it today and the amount of bad language we see these days in print and on TV.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop