Samsung Odyssey G8 LS34BG850SUXXU Curved OLED 34" UWQHD Smart Gaming Monitor - 0.1ms, 175Hz, HDMI 2.1, Full Smart Platform, Speakers

£499.995
FREE Shipping

Samsung Odyssey G8 LS34BG850SUXXU Curved OLED 34" UWQHD Smart Gaming Monitor - 0.1ms, 175Hz, HDMI 2.1, Full Smart Platform, Speakers

RRP: £999.99
Price: £499.995
£499.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Looked into the HDR Brightness performance with AMD and NVIDIA graphics cards; added photos of the Text Clarity with Better ClearType Tuner. bit colour over hdmi 2.1 looks absolutely fantastic. When playing games the contrast and colours is fantastic. You can do 175hz 10bit colour with the included display port, but opted for hdmi with no downgrade in colour from 12bit to 10bit. So far so good, I'm really enjoying the monitor and the amazing picture has me absolutely mesmerized! I spent some time exploring the Smart TV interface using familiar apps like Netflix and Disney+. The experience is no different from a television in that you can simply watch whatever content is available. The Samsung OLED G8 supports HDR10 and HDR10+ as well as premium audio formats like Dolby Atmos.

Last year in August we brought you detailsabout this emerging panel technology from Samsung, a rival to the common OLED panels produced by LG.Display and used across the OLED TV market. Samsung’s QD-OLED (Quantum Dot OLED) uses organic OLED material as the light source and Quantum Dot (QD) material as a film. It will be more similar to Samsung’s own AMOLED used for mobile phones and LG’s OLED TVs and will mark the company’s return to the OLED segment. The monitor is basically equivalent to two 31.5″ 4K monitors side by side without the bezels in between them, which brings the pixel density to 140 PPI. The generation of GSYNC/FreeSync is important. The AW3423DW GSYNC ultimate chip is not able to deliver 10-bit color at 175 Hz. You need to reduce to 144 Hz to get 10-bit; however, most people do not notice a difference on this monitor between 10-bit @ 144 Hz versus 8-bit @ 175 Hz; Games utilizing a first-person perspective truly take advantage of the monitor’s curved display. When I fired up Doom Eternal and Cyberpunk 2077, I felt like I was dropped into the middle of their respective worlds. Details like alien ruins in the former and neon-drenched streets in the latter came through nicely, and I often stopped to take in the surroundings. I can’t do justice to how gorgeous games look on this monitor. Wow. This review is so way off. I've owned this monitor for several months and it has problems that Samsung has or is still working on to correct.

HOME INSURANCE WITH A HOT OFFER!

Clarified in Build Quality that the stand wobbles depending on the surface it's on, but it's still solid overall.

With the advanced Neo Quantum Processor, every frame on the OLED panel is instantly analyzed and optimized for maximum quality. Colors, shades and contrast unify to deliver bright and brilliant picture at all times.The Picture menu has a full set of calibration controls that you won’t need. I found that the Samsung OLED G8 measured nearly perfectly right out of the box. With Game mode turned on, there are no picture presets, but you can calibrate the image if you wish by accessing the Expert Settings sub-menu. The EOTF performs similarly if you disable Peak Brightness and HDR10+ Gaming, but leave Game HDR on, as you can see here. However, there's a sharper roll-off at the peak brightness, causing a loss in fine details, and the peak brightness of the display is lower, with the 2% window reaching 452 cd/m² and the 100% window reaching 285 cd/m². Additionally, the EOTF is darker if you disable both HDR10+ Gaming and Game HDR as you can see here. The second-gen Samsung QD-OLED panel also uses a slightly different subpixel layout for better text clarity, which will in addition to the display’s high pixel density minimize text fringing associated with these panels. It also has a semi-glossy screen finish for clearer image quality in comparison to matte coatings.

Samsung no longer produces LCD panels – instead focusing on their QD-OLED panels. They sold most of their LCD fabs to TCL/CSOT. Samsung QD-OLED Panel OLED & Neo Quantum ProcessorWith the advanced Neo Quantum Processor, every frame on the OLED panel is instantly analysed and optimised for maximum quality. Colours, shades and contrast unify to deliver bright and brilliant picture at all times.Added extra information about the warranty in Additional Features to specify that the warranty can change between regions and countries. At Gamescom, ASUS revealed the ASUS ROG Swift OLED PG32UCDM based on a 31.5″ 4K 240Hz QD-OLED panel by Samsung. Further, it has 4K UHD resolution, which will look very sharp even at this screen size due to the high pixel density of roughly 116 PPI (pixels per inch).

Smaller footprint could be helpful. The AW3423DW is not as heavy as IPS panels, but still takes up a lot of desk space.Adjust Logo Brightness: Automatically dims the area around a logo when it detects one on the screen. Pixel Shift: This feature moves the entire image a few pixels to one side and gradually shifts it in a different direction over time. This helps reduce the effects of burn-in from very small elements, like fine lines in a game HUD. While the differences in brightness between these models might not seem that big on paper, it’s important to keep in mind that QD-OLED panels also have a notably higher color volume, resulting in increased color saturation and vibrancy, which further increases the perceived brightness. Further, the screen has a moderate 1800R curvature, which improves immersion without distorting the image, and it has a glossy finish for more vivid image quality in comparison to matte coatings that add graininess. The OLED G8 comes with a tiny remote that charges through a USB-C port at the bottom. It covers all monitor functions though it is not very intuitive. Fortunately, the operating instructions are in the OSD. Once I figured it out, it was easy to tweak menu settings for gaming or operate the Smart TV apps.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop