I Let You Go

I Let You Go

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

From the beginning the story pulled at my heart strings. I am not a mother but one of my biggest fears is seeing someone I love get killed in a hit-and-run. From there I became more and more interested in the book. One strange thing that I loved, as much as the storyline itself, was what Jenna started doing for a living. It’s not a huge spoiler, but I won’t reveal it. It put a huge smile on my face and made me love the book even more. Thought I was finished reading for the night but decided that I just had to finish this one! While I had it all figured out early on, it didn't keep me from enjoying this one. Extremely well written debut and I look forward to her next book.

Chilling, compelling, and compassionate.”—Paula Hawkins, #1 New York Timesbestselling author of The Girl on the TrainI stayed up late last night to finish this one - which speaks volumes about how much I was enjoying it, as I value my sleep more than anything else in life! The ultimate must-read of 2015! The astonishing, breathtaking plot twist still resonates 3 months on’ – Hayleigh My top book of the last 5 years, twisty, turny, impossible to put down, stays with you. HIGHLY recommended– Catherine So why 4 stars instead of 5? I marked down the rating for strictly personal reasons. I have recently read several books that feature despicable male characters that abuse women. I have found myself becoming less and less tolerant of that situation, and stories that spotlight that angle have become much less attractive to me. Let me go on to say, however, that I am sure my position on this is not the norm amongst psychological thriller fans, and it does not keep me from recommending the novel.

I'm 'not' exaggerating, when I say there were so many references to "breathing", it became annoying. I know nothing about editing...but I would have caught the 'breathing' ( authors blind spot), repetitive phrases. But it drove me crazy. I almost started counting how many more times I'd have to hear Jenna talk about her breathing.

BookBrowse Review

Just finished, what an amazing twist couldn’t put it down! One of the best books I’ve read’ – Holly The superbly realised characters were the icing on the top of the deft, plot-twisting and emotional debut * Woman and Home * Slowly, Jenna begins to glimpse the potential for happiness in her future. But her past is about to catch up with her, and the consequences will be devastating...

Not only I but more friends than I could have believed possible have read I Let You Go and loved it. Best book of 2015– Betty The book’s first half is emotional and heavy. Characters isolate themselves and show terrible judgment as they each try to cope with their individual burdens. At some point right before the book changes gears (and trust me, you’ll know when this is happening), I did find myself wondering what this story was marching along towards. Part One moves at a slow pace, carefully crafting a world all its own. The most satisfying thing about this book? Watching that world come crashing down as the book shifts into Part Two. Elizabeth Haynes, author of Into the Darkest Corner, says, I read I Let You Go in two sittings; it made me cry (at least twice), made me gasp out loud (once), and above all made me wish I’d written it . . . a stellar achievement. The boys made excellent progress: breathing, feeding, putting on weight. The consultant was delighted. They wouldn’t be home by Christmas, but perhaps soon after. We began to feel excited about becoming a family. A great debut novel by a Claire Macintosh.please see the book synopsis for book details. I hesitate to write too much here for fear of giving something away.

Book club questions for I LET YOU GO

All in all, a stunning and sometimes surprising novel with a powerful message running through it, a book that will quench your thirst for a novel you can at last just sink into and lose yourself completely. A book you will recommend to all your friends. The Novel and Award Winning Comic 21st Polar". Sud-Ouest. 14 October 2016. Archived from the original on 10 November 2016. Forget about solving all these crimes; the signal triumph here is (spoiler) the heroine’s survival.

Rob and I drove home in silence, trapped in our own nightmares. We talked through the night, falling asleep on the sofa and waking to find our cheeks wet with tears, clinging to each other as though we were drowning.My top book of the last 5 years, twisty, turny, impossible to put down, stays with you. HIGHLY recommended’ – Catherine The days that followed are a blur. Grief and disbelief morphed into guilt. What had we done? The doctors had said might never walk, not would. They had said unlikely to swallow, not would never. Miracles happen all the time – Alex could have recovered, he could have laughed, could have loved, could have lived. “What if?” was the constant whisper in my ear. What if you’d let him live?

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop