Dell XPS 15 9520 15.6" FHD+ Laptop, Intel Core i5-12500H, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Backlit Keyboard, Fingerprint Reader, Windows 11 Home (Silver)

£0.5
FREE Shipping

Dell XPS 15 9520 15.6" FHD+ Laptop, Intel Core i5-12500H, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Backlit Keyboard, Fingerprint Reader, Windows 11 Home (Silver)

RRP: £1
Price: £0.5
£0.5 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

As far as noise levels go, on Ultra Performance I measured fan levels of 43 dBA with the laptop on the desk and 45 dBA with the back bumped up, both at head-level, 50-60 cm away from the laptop. Dell includes a USB-C to USB-A and HDMI adapter, but the lack of legacy ports on the machine is disappointing and one of the costs of such a thin chassis. The fans are perceived a little louder on this mode, as the noise easily escapes from underneath the chassis, at up to 45 dBA at head-level, but I’ve also noticed that once the temperatures drop, the fans also end up spinning a little slower and quieter in some titles. That aside, mostly everything else is the same as before, although Dell have refined a few small details that we’ll touch on throughout the article. First, though, it’s important to acknowledge that even if somewhat limited, the XPS 15 9520 is a significant step-up in performance from the previous 2021 XPS 15 9510 model.

Laptop is the perfect balance of size and performance to fuel even more intensive creative projects.Thing is, while the laptop sits on the desk, the cooling is choked-up on this XPS 15 by the slim rubber feet that prevent the flow of fresh air into the fans. As far as biometrics go, there’s IR integrated into the webcam on this XPS 15 9520 series, as well as a finger-sensor in the power button, with Hello support. We used an older version with the XPS 15 9510 and so can’t directly compare results with the XPS 15 9520. They slowed down my old desktop considerably (i5 7th gen Acer all-in-one which had 10 minute restart times that also drove me crazy).

In Civilization VI, the XPS 15 9520 managed 82 fps at 1080p and ultra graphics, more than 20 fps faster than the XPS 15 9510, and 72 fps at 1440p and ultra graphics. You’ll also want to upgrade the RAM and storage yourselves if you go this route, so plan a budget for that.As for potential burn-in, that should be fine with this generation of Samsung OLEDs, but I’d still look into the particularities and best practices of OLED laptop screens, just to set the right expectations before going with one of these. The RTX 3050 Ti is an entry-level GPU in and of itself, and simply put, the XPS 15 9520 wasn’t made to be a gaming laptop. This splits the hot air, sending some of it down and to the back and away from the user, but a little still goes into the screen, as shown in the thermal readings down below. The XPS 15 is not primarily made for gaming and even runs on Studio Edition drivers, but considering the versatility of this series and the fast response/refresh of the OLED display, I’d still expect many of you to run games on it time and again. By using our site you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance your site experience and for analytical purposes.

The total amount of Rewards Points that can be earned each Dell fiscal quarter shall not exceed 200,000. The only other laptop I see that I think would be perfect for me is the X16 Rog FLow but I can't find it for sale anyway in the U. As for the base-level matte FHD+ panel, this is significantly more affordable and the brightest option here, thus the ideal choice for outdoor use and bright environments. Dell offers more business laptop and mobile workstation models and form factors, more monitor models and more options to customize device configuration than Apple¹¹.

Initially, the P Cores run at 95-100 degrees Celsius, but the average temperatures drop to 90-95 degrees once the system eventually stabilizes at around 45W. When you say better performance that's only cause the 3070 ti performs better than the 3050 ti but you wouldn't need the 3070 for video editing anyway?

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop