The Accidental Stowaway: 'A rollicking, salty, breath of fresh air.’ Hilary McKay

£3.995
FREE Shipping

The Accidental Stowaway: 'A rollicking, salty, breath of fresh air.’ Hilary McKay

RRP: £7.99
Price: £3.995
£3.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

When Patch runs up the gangway of steamship, RMS Glorious, she isn’t planning to hang around. But if she leaves her hiding place the constable might catch her: sitting tight is worth the risk. Too late, she realises the ship is setting sail! Patch has become an accidental stowaway. Of course there was an army of staff on board to look after and entertain the se passengers. The y included musicians, stewards, bakers, butchers, storekeepers, waiters, porters, sailors an d cooks. And every ship carried some unusual characters : perhaps a s towaway, a cat, or a lonely child travelling all alone ! But hiding away becomes less and less her new friends urgently need her help and there's a mystery that needs solving, all before they reach New York . . . All aboard the steamship RMS Glorious for a wonderful adventure as the great ship glides across the Atlantic from Liverpool to New York City. So, what do you think? Was Zoe’s sacrifice worth it? Did they make it to Mars in the end? Sound off with your thoughts and theories in the comments, and for more on Stowaway, stay tuned for our full interview with Penna.

The Accidental Stowaway by Judith Eagle (9780571363124 The Accidental Stowaway by Judith Eagle (9780571363124

During an inspection on the CDRA (Carbon Dioxide Removal Assembly) life support system, Marina discovers Michael, injured and unconscious, behind a ceiling panel. There are criminals aboard, and one of them has spotted her; there are other stowaways, too, each with their own secrets. But there are friends to be made as well as enemies to outwit and, as Patch scurries from steerage down in the hot and dirty bowels of the ship and up to the posh suites where the ultra-rich stay, she must learn that dangerous skill: hiding in plain sight. Manley, Scott. "Why The New Movie "Stowaway" Uses A Very Clever Spacecraft Design To Go To Mars". YouTube . Retrieved 30 March 2021. Praise for Judith Eagle: 'FABULOUS!' Emma Carroll. 'Superb storytelling' The Reader Teacher. 'If you liked Katherine Rundell, you'll love this' Lisa Thompson.

I loved this book; it’s about friendship and loyalty; not making instant judgements, and learning who to trust. Patch will need all her wits about her if she is to keep herself and her friends safe. I read the book at a gallop, then re-read it slowly, with relish. It reminded me of the Edwardian children’s classic, Frances Hodgson Burnett’s The Secret Garden, where young Mary, like Patch, struggles to make a life for herself and decide what sort of person she wants to be. The Accidental Stowaway is a great read for older, junior aged children. The characters are engaging and the setting may be a new world for many school-aged children to explore and learn about. It is a fast moving story which is why it is suitable for older junior aged children or could be a great read-aloud by parents to less confident children. I am really enjoying the increasing range of well written children's literature with strong female leads.

The Accidental Stowaway - Peters Fraser and Dunlop (PFD

I wanted it to be open. Some people, if you’re more of a pessimist, you’ll probably see it as ‘Ok, well they never make it to Mars’ and some people who are more of the optimists will probably see it as ‘Oh yeah, they’ll find a way to fix Anna by the end of it.’" But hiding away becomes less and less easy: her new friends urgently need her help and there's a mystery that needs solving, all before they reach New York . . . The winners of The Farshore Reading for Pleasure Teacher Awards 2023, highlighting the work schools are doing to encourage a love of reading, have... RELATED: Shamier Anderson on ‘Stowaway’ and Why He Slept in His Character’s Bed on Set to Prepare for the RoleThe setting is what excites me most . It helps get me started when I ’m think ing about writing a new book . It’s a brilliant way to create atmosphere , and can make a story unique and intriguing . Esme Leonard, with her persistent frown and grumpiness, lay claim to the moniker ‘Crosspatch’ from the moment she was born. Abandoned by her mother, Patch, as she became known, was passed from one distant, decreasingly wealthy relative to another: none being able nor willing to soften her grumpiness or tame her fierce independence. Exposure to her ancestral grandeur and wealth allowed Patch to become imbued with the social etiquette demanded by higher society. Skills that would prove to be very useful to her as her story unfolds. Filming began on June 11, 2019 in Cologne and Munich and wrapped after 30 days. [9] [10] YouTuber and science communicator Scott Manley was a consultant for the film. [11] Release [ edit ] When Patch runs up the gangway of steamship, RMS Glorious, she isn't planning to hang around. But if she leaves her hiding place the constable might catch her: sitting tight is worth the risk. Too late, she realises the ship is setting sail! Patch has become an accidental stowaway. Hoffman, Jordan (April 22, 2021). "Stowaway Review: Netflix's Tense Mission-To-Mars Movie Presents a Surprisingly Down-to-Earth Moral Dilemma". TVGuide.com . Retrieved April 22, 2021. Moral crisis in space! Marina is ready to sacrifice herself, but she cannot; she's the only one who can land the ship. David's work is important for the betterment of mankind, plus he's got a wife at home. Zoe, on the other hand, isn't even ready to make these difficult calculations. She's a doctor — "first, do no harm" is her code, but beyond that there's "first, look for a solution." And despite every egghead on Earth telling them, there is no solution, she's determined to find one.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop