An Eagle in the Snow

An Eagle in the Snow

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Pues eso, no sé si castigarlo mucho por esa primera mitad o levantar la mano por esa magnifica 2ª parte.

Eagle in the Snow - Michael Morpurgo An Eagle in the Snow - Michael Morpurgo

An Eagle In The Snow is loosely based on the life of Henry Tandey who was a British soldier in World War I. Tandey was a Private in the Green Howard regiment. He survived the Battle of Ypres and was awarded the three highest awards for heroism in a six-week period in 1918. It is uncertain that Henry Tandey ever met Adolf Hitler. The story holds that they met each other at the Battle of Marcoing when a soldier wandered into the British and Tandey refused to shoot him because he was wounded. That soldier was supposedly Adolf Hitler. Readers can do more research into this fascinating story Morpurgo recounts in his own novel from the following resources and decide for themselves if Tandey really did encounter Hitler near the end of the Great War: But even if he was& he would have killed him.. you never know.. maybe there would've been some other maniac.. it wasn't Hitler alone.. there are so many other cruel people.. hitler had high ranked people supporting him.. so what if one of them just would've become a "hitler"? What if there still had been war?? We don't know. And we never will..travers l’histoire incroyable et stupéfiante de Billy Byron, Michael Morpurgo illustre la très scientifique « théorie du chaos ». Il montre aux plus jeunes qu’il suffit parfois d'un rien, d'un chouïa, d'une relation causale infime pour que tel phénomène, inattendu, surgisse tandis qu'on ne l'attendait pas et inversement, pour que telle situation se profile alors qu'elle n'était aucunement escomptée.

An Eagle in the Snow - Teaching Resources - Michael Morpurgo

Among writers of historical fiction, Eagle in the Snow has achieved semi-legendary status. It was first published in 1970 and, largely through recommendation, has remained in print ever since (no small feat in itself when the author, Wallace Breem, died in 1990). Cine poate cataloga o fapta ca fiind corecta sau incorecta? Este suficienta ratiunea? Cum ramane cu empatia? But in a subtle way, Morpurgo’s books are instructional. He says he “can’t do fantasy” like children’s writers including JK Rowling, author of the Harry Potter books. “I think there’s room for all of us. I deal with issues, history, and also there’s an element of adventure in my books. I have to have my books rooted in something that is true and real. Otherwise, I can’t seem to grow my stories. You can also read about his life in War Child to War Horse,a collaborative biography with Maggie Fergusson. Henry Tandey said in some press interview: "I didn't like to shoot a wounded man, but if I'd known who this corporal would turn out to be, I'd give ten years now to have five minutes' clairvoyance then."Michael's books have been translated into many languages including Chinese, Bulgarian and Hungarian, Hebrew and Japanese. He travels all over the UK and abroad talking to people of all ages at literary festivals, telling his stories and encouraging them to tell theirs. And it could've also been that one of the other soldiers he saved was one who smuggled Jewish ppl out of Germany during the war and or was in a resistant group and fought against Hitler.. and that would've also been thanks to him.. oh man.. we will never really know how or what happened and how exactly it influenced the course of history.. but I feel sorry for him to only be remembered as the one who didn't shoot Hitler.. A su favor, lo comentado, un último tercio repleto de acción y con mucho ritmo que hará las delicias de aquellos que gusten de una batalla bien narrada. El desenlace cumple de forma notable en todos los aspectos. Morpurgo doesn’t think that screens are going to take over from the printed word. “When ebooks came in, everyone thought there would be no (hard copy) books anymore. The ebook rose and rose — and then it flattened and it’s going down again. We are fascinated by the new.” While I was reading this, by happenstance my uncle (a naval man) began a blog post with a quote: "Amateurs talk tactics; professionals talk logistics." And that sums up the consummately professional Eagle in the Snow in a nutshell: it is a book about logistics. If you are looking for Hollywood-style speechifying, swordfights and fanfare, look elsewhere. If you want to experience alongside the main character what it's like to be a Roman general just before the fall of the Empire, trying to raise an army and get them equipped before the German tribes overrun your frontier - which we, as readers, know they eventually will - then this is the book for you. Not for everybody, but if you like realistic military history, delay not: get a copy. I knew what was going to happen at the end, and I still cried. Tragic and perfect. This will be on my best-of-the-year list.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop