Easypill Cat Putty - 4 X 10 Gram Individually Wrapped Pill Pockets For Cats

Easypill Cat Putty - 4 X 10 Gram Individually Wrapped Pill Pockets For Cats

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

If your cat scratches or doesn’t like being held, try wrapping their body and legs in a towel, allowing only their head to remain exposed. The final step is to treat your cat with their favourite food and cat toys once they have ingested their medication. This helps to develop a positive association between receiving medication and having a treat, and can help to make the process a little easier in future. Hormone chip: In the so-called “chemical castration”, a GnRH implant is injected under the skin of the animal, which releases hormones. The active ingredient here is deslorelin. For the next 6-12 months (in male cats even up to 24 months) the sperm and testosterone production is significantly reduced. The effect and side effects are the same as with castration, except that after the hormone chip has expired, everything is more or less as it was. Therefore, the method is more useful for testing and is only a permanent solution in exceptional cases.

Once you’ve established what you can and can’t do with your cat’s medication, there are a few methods to get past those feline defences and give your cat the pill. What’s the easiest way to give a pill to a cat?Depending on the type of medication, you can easily give a pill to your cat is by hiding it in food. This could be in wet cat food, in a bit of tuna or with a treat but make sure it’s a small amount so they’re bound to eat it. What happens if my cat spits out their pill? There are some other methods to can try when giving your cat a pill which will (hopefully) leave you scratch-free! See the five ways we list below. Use a pill popper

Other than this, a good way to administer cat pills is by hand. Read on to find out more. How to give your cat a pill: 5 easy and scratch-free methods to try. Sometimes a pill needs to be halved or even quartered which can mean that the size of the pill to be given can be very small and difficult to handle. In this instance using something called a gel cap (capsule) is what you need to do the job. What Is A Gel Cap? Are you wondering how contraception works in cats? We have already explained how sex works with cats. If you don’t want any kitten, contraception is important. Here you can find out how sensible it is and what methods are available. Pill poppers remain a great solution and they are used by vets. The ones typically used by the vet don’t have the silicone top. We cannot speak for all vets however, in our opinion, it is better to be on the safe side and avoid pill poppers with the removable silicone tip. I’m not going to lie. It’s not going to be pretty, especially if your cat is one of those that don’t like being held or petted.

How To Give Your Cat A Pill

The soft tip mean that it is soft inside the cat’s mouth. Some of these pill poppers stated that they were for a one time use whereas others stated that the pill poppers could be washed and reused along with the soft silicone tip. Castration is a safe option for birth control, as pregnancy is eliminated after a properly performed procedure. However, sterilisation is less advisable for cats as they continue to go through the cycle, become perpetually randy and are therefore subject to a high level of stress. This issue can also be important for male cats that show excessive sexual behaviour. If your cat has outdoor access, this type of intervention must be done to prevent unwanted offspring. Discuss with your vet which procedure would be best for your cat. Getting a feline to do anything unwillingly is a challenge few owners look forward to. Here is a guide to how to give a cat a pill while minimising stress to you and your cat. The “morning-after pill” is also available for our cats in the form of so-called anti-hormones. Never separate the cats during sexual intercourse, this can cause nasty injuries. If fertilisation has occurred, antiprogesterone is injected so that the egg does not implant in the uterus. This is given in the first 10 days after mating, but you should decide to have it as soon as possible for ethical reasons. It works relatively reliably, but there is a residual risk that individual foetuses survive, sometimes with severe impairments. Therefore, it should only be used in an emergency. What is the legal situation? This has made my life so much easier and stress free for both me and my cat. When giving daily pills to one of my cats it was becoming a nightmare trying to catch him and pin him down as he hated the pills.

If the cat won’t eat the hidden pill, there is one more strategy you can try, and that’s to crush the pill into powder.

Overview

Caution: With some preparations, the animals are still capable of procreation for up to two months. What to do when it happens? The administration of hormones has an influence on the entire organism and can promote certain diseases. Hormonal contraceptive methods are mainly used when, for example, a breeding cat is taking a “break” but is expected to give birth to puppies again later. Especially preparations containing progestogen are often associated with severe side effects on the uterus and uterine region. It is advisable to consult your veterinarian. The pill shooter works in the same way as a syringe. The pill or capsule is placed into the popper section first. crush it in their food. If your vet says the tablet can be crushed up and given with food, try crushing it up and mixing it with one of their daily meals (ideally breakfast depending on the time you need to give them their tablet). Make sure they eat all their meal, though, otherwise they may miss some of their medication. Or you could try mixing it, unless your cat is sensitive to the ingredients, in a soft yoghurt-textured treat for cats

It's great. This has made my life so much easier and stress free for both me and my cat. When giving daily pills to one of my cats it was becoming a nightmare trying to catch him and pin him down as he hated the pills. Giving a cat a pill is one of those tasks cat owners keep their fingers crossed they won’t have to do too often. But unfortunately, there are times when you need to give them important medication. It’s not as easy as it sounds: there are claws and teeth you need to stay clear of, and cats are experts at spitting out pills. What to consider before giving your cat tablets If your cat has several different medications, voila, they can be put together in the one gel cap. This means that all the medication is being given at one go. For cats that won’t accept a pill in any shape or form, some medication is also available in other forms such as oral liquids or veterinary injections. Unfortunately, some medications do not have good alternatives, but it always worth asking your vet what options are available. Give them the pill by hand Unfortunately, your cat might still turn her nose at the food. In this case, you can smear some of the food on her fur.After researching these products, we feel that we cannot recommend the pill shooters with the removable silicone tip. There is the chance that the silicone top will pop off or detach from the product. The cat may then swallow the tip. It may be a slim chance but nevertheless it can and does happen. This can result in a huge amount of worry for cat owners not to mention vet bills if things become more serious. Try to approach the task calmly, aiming to minimise stress to your cat. If you haven’t given a pill before, it is very useful to ask a vet or vet nurse to show you how to safely give oral medication. Do not put yourself at risk of getting bitten, and watch your cat closely for signs that they are becoming angry or distressed. The helper should hold the pill between his thumb and forefinger and use his middle finger to lower the jaw. Take the pill in one hand and with the other hand gently hold over the top of their head with your thumb and index fingers either side of their jaw and tilt your cat’s head upwards. Use the other hand to gently open the lower jaw to open their mouth. You just break a piece off and roll it up in your fingers and pop the pill inside and squeeze it to seal it up. I give it with other biscuit treats and hey presto all done.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop