The Other Side of the Coin: The Queen, the Dresser and the Wardrobe

The Other Side of the Coin: The Queen, the Dresser and the Wardrobe

RRP: £25.00
Price: £12.5
£12.5 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

With other members of the royal household, she attended the state funeral of Queen Elizabeth II on 19 September 2022. The author had previously written Dressing the Queen: The Jubilee Wardrobe and this is more of the same. It is the USA Today of books, where the headlines are completely sanitized and the articles somehow manage to take up space while offering not one iota more information or perspective than the headline. Asked about who would be the next guest there, Kelly refused to say, citing the pledge she had given not to divulge details of her duties. Suitable for covering the sofa, was the way he put it, saving his wife the embarrassment of appearing in clothing unsuited for her petite figure.

Angela Kelly could How the Queen ensured her close confidante Angela Kelly could

I had to be careful not to choose a colour that was strongly associated with any of the participating nations, too, so after much consideration, I chose peach. Angela first moved in during the Covid lockdown as part of the HMS Bubble team and helped Her Majesty with day-to-day care. Angela was said to have dragged her feet in helping Meghan choose a tiara for their 2018 wedding day. From humble beginnings in Liverpool to pulling pranks on Her Majesty — the Queen’s confidante will be feeling the loss of the Queen acutely. I'm not a clothes horse OR a follower of the Royals, but I was fascinated by Kelly's stories of her childhood as one of six children in a working class family in Liverpool.The dresser was from a quite different background to theirs, and irritated some at court with her no-nonsense Northern manner, her easy access to the Queen and her effortless familiarity with her.

Coin: The Queen, the Dresser and the The Other Side of the Coin: The Queen, the Dresser and the

The interesting bits for me are the details of how it all works (with a question or two unanswered - does the Queen (or The Queen) not keep any clothes in her different houses or does it all have to be packed for travel with every move? It was a case of everyone else is wrong and the author is right, especially if the everyone else was someone who was in a more senior position (except for her mentors). Ms Kelly wrote: "I had a meeting with the owner of Paddy Power at which we agreed that betting on the colour of the Queen's hat would be closed at a certain time to avoid any cheating, but allowed people to carry on guessing the colour of the Queen's hat and perhaps even win a bit of money. It gives a rare insight into the demands of the job of supporting the Monarch, and we gain privileged insight into a successful working relationship, characterized by humor, creativity, hard work, and a mutual commitment to service and duty.Insiders say their relationship grew even closer after the death of Prince Philip, with Kelly being one of the first people to be told about his death after family had been informed. In a snippet serialised in the Mail+ it explained how Angela helped the Queen dress in colourful clothes following the death of her husband. The news prompted a series of posts on Ms Kelly's Instagram account, including one with a picture of her garden and a caption which read: "Getting ready to say goodbye. They particularly resented the way Kelly felt able to step out of line to adjust the Queen’s clothes or drop a word in her ear at what they considered to be inappropriate moments. I was laughing uncontrollably as her Majesty turned to His Royal Highness and said “Do you know what she has just done to me?

New book by Angela Kelly will reveal how the Queen - Tatler

It’s also said she had a rift with Prince Harry, which came about after Kelly reportedly refused to let Meghan wear her wedding tiara of choice.Earlier this year Her Majesty was also reported to have given Angela her blessing to reveal all her Covid lockdown secrets. The author portrays the Queen as an intelligent woman with a well-developed sense of humor and a charming modesty. Kelly notes that previous dressers did not keep records concerning the provenance of materials in the Queen's wardrobe and I would liked to learn more about the challenges Kelly faced in organizing the Queen's fashions when she began her role.

Angela Kelly handed final gift from Queen allowing her to Angela Kelly handed final gift from Queen allowing her to

Angela is obviously a very important person in the Queens life and is involved in the fabric selection, the dress making, the alterations, hat design you name it. An engaging read that gives a sense of what it is like to travel with the Queen and work in the royal household. The Queen herself asked Angela to make a replica of the robe for future use so that the original could be locked away. Ms Kelly appeared solemn as she was photographed driving through the grounds of Windsor Castle as she left her Berkshire home. Kelly has since designed, organised and mended thousands of the Queen's signature looks over the decades, going above and beyond her designated role.It's quite something because it seems she is protecting her favoured assistant from beyond the grave. Within minutes, I was… delivering the good news to [director Danny Boyle] - I think he almost fell off his chair when I said that the Queen's only stipulation was that she could deliver that iconic line: 'Good evening, Mr Bond. Her official title was Personal Assistant, Adviser and Curator to Her Majesty The Queen (Jewellery, Insignias and Wardrobe). After the Queen's death, it was announced that one of her last wishes was that Ms Kelly be allowed to live in one of the "grace and favor" cottages on the Windsor estate.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop