HUMAN UNIVERSE

HUMAN UNIVERSE

RRP: £8.99
Price: £4.495
£4.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I'm not a scientists by any stretch of the imagination, but the topics discussed in this book, from the moments before the Big Bang to 'Why are we here? It makes you like a child again looking forward to read each page and to look each picture without wanting to miss any detail; and when you finish this pleasant trip through the history. Instead of learning about quantum entanglement and how galaxies are formed, I spent two miserable years calculating acceleration, force, pressure and a whole bunch of other boring stuff that I can’t even remember now. Chopra serves as Co-Founder and Chairman of The Chopra Center for Wellbeing, Founder of The Chopra Well on YouTube, Adjunct Professor of Executive Programs at Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University, Adjunct Professor at Columbia Business School, Columbia University, Assistant Clinical Professor, in the Family and Preventive Medicine Department at the University of California, San Diego, Health Sciences, Faculty at Walt Disney Imagineering, and Senior Scientist with The Gallup Organization. A galvanizing playbook for success from Steven Bartlett, one of the world’s most exciting entrepreneurs and the host of the No.

Human Universe also enjoyed - Goodreads Readers who enjoyed Human Universe also enjoyed - Goodreads

We are significant to ourselves as the only or one of the few emergent consciousnesses capable of understanding its own situation across vast tracts of space and time. I share the authors' puzzlement at our political classes' hitherto slow response to the asteroid issue, far more humanly serious than the threat claimed by the less secure science of climate change. Though I was already familiar with the concepts discussed in the TV series, this book went into more detail and also gave some historical context to the ideas and theories discussed. Ah, you see it’s impossible to separate us from the cosmos, we’re all tied up together and it all comes down to physics in the end. It is a conscious, intellectual human beings process of trying to understand how and why we've ended up as so on a tiny speck in a nondescript galaxy in an ever expanding universe.He is obviously still excited and amazed by the world around us and, by the end of the book, I had that sense of awe again that I haven't felt for years. An awe-inspiring, unforgettable journey of scientific exploration from Brian Cox and Jeff Forshaw, the top ten bestselling authors of The Quantum Universe. Cox and Cohen have managed to offer us some seriously hard science (well above my comprehension) as jewels in a setting of explanation that mean we actually can understand what we need to understand. If you’re expecting something based a bit more on humans and how they evolved, remember it’s Brian Cox and think bigger — it’s more about our place in the universe, our understanding of it, and what we might find out there in the vastness of space. Deepak Chopra, MD serves as the Founder and Chairman of The Chopra Foundation, and Co-Founder of the Chopra Center for Wellbeing.

Human Universe by Brian Cox | Goodreads Human Universe by Brian Cox | Goodreads

Beliefs about men and women are as old as humanity itself, but Fine’s funny, spiky book gives reason to hope that we’ve heard Testosterone rex’s last roar. It was this 'further investigation' that I found the most interesting, though I did greatly enjoy Cox's political interpositions. But also terrifying because it could just be us - alone on a rocky planet with no other civilisations (or, slightly more optimistic, none that are near enough for contact).The book is full or amazing photographs and articles showing the amazing challenges and how we have excelled over them through the ages - from evolutionary imperatives to pushing the boundaries of our planet. He is an honorary lecturer in Life Sciences at the University of Manchester and lives in London with his wife and three children. The book helps us ordinary Joes catch up with hard science and strip away some of the layers of presumption about our place in the universe. This latest offering from Professor Brian Cox, based on the very latest scientific understanding as of right now, in late 2014, expanding and developing the TV series (now available on DVD) of the same title, left me astounded, amazed and actually breathless. To start with I didn't think I was going to enjoy the book but maybe I was trying to just trawl through it.

Human Universe – HarperCollins Publishers UK

Every question I've ever had about the universe was answered and explained in layman terms and I think that's what makes this book incredible. He is a member of the High Energy Physics group at the University of Manchester, and works on the ATLAS experiment at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at CERN, near Geneva, Switzerland. Fishing, agriculture, civilisation, building, Petra, peppercorns (very expensive), writing, literature, science, engineering … space travel! From Big Bang to quantum physics, from Lucy to Paul Young, from Giordano Bruno to Hubble, this book is an ode to science and humanity.In this episode Brian also tells us how Kepler observes into deep space seeking other solar systems just like our very own – How many potential ' earth-like' planets are there in the galaxy? A personal God will never go away for those whose minds are stuck on such matters but the last vestiges of a cosmological God are hurtling behind yet further barriers of multiversal infinity. So certain, so vulnerable, so ingenious, so small, so bold, so loving, so violent, so full of promise, so unaware of his fragile significance. No wonder they’re closing down BBC3 … Oh, a diver swims past, making bubbles, it’s not space at all, this is an underwater space station, in a big swimming pool, at a cosmonaut training centre outside Moscow.

Human Universe (Audio Download): Professor Brian Cox, Andrew

It covers a broad scope from human evolution to humans walking on the moon, with plenty of science and stories in between. Listening on audio I felt as if I was being forced I’m just looking to find out more about the world and if it turns out there is a simple ultimate law which explains everything, so be it; that would be very nice to discover.It “created a cultural ratchet, an exponentiation of the known which ultimately led us to the stars”. He is best known to the public as the presenter of a number of science programmes for the BBC, boosting the popularity of subjects such as astronomy; so is a science popularizer, and science communicator. Awe and wonder do not need such rhetorical trickery - the facts now contain enough to make us wonder at the situation in which we find ourselves as accidental emergent consciousnesses in a corner of an incalculably vast multiverse who may or may not be alone in it. It’s just that, for him, the fact that we are the only ones who’ve made it out of our world, defines what it is to be human. You Are The Universe offers answers that open up new possibilities for all of us to lead more fruitful, peaceful and successful lives.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop