Promises We Meant to Keep: A Lancaster Novel (Lancaster Prep)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Sylvie and Spencer’s relationship is toxic beyond belief. Yet, they can’t stay away from each other. Syl trying to heal herself from her past and the controlling, manipulative relationship she had with her mother. While Spencer has turned into a more bitter, ruthless person who tries to forget the magnetic force she has on him.

I loved A Million Kisses in Your Lifetime, so I was very excited to read the next book in the Lancaster series! Promises We Meant to Keep is a second chance/brother’s best friend romance that follows Sylvie and Spencer from Thing I Wanted to Say, But Never Did. Promises We Meant to Keep is Spencer & Sylvie's story, whom we met in Things I Wanted To Say. Spencer is Whit Lancaster's (Sylvie's older brother) best friend. Sylvie is friends with Summer (Whit's fiancée), whom she met at Lancaster Prep. Spencer & Sylvie have been sneaking around for years until Sylvie betrays him and ends their relationship for good. A couple of years later, they meet again at Whit & Summer's wedding and are forced to face each other again.

Retailers:

The only thing that I didn’t really like about this book is them doing so much “adult” stuff at the age of 13/14. It rubbed me the wrong way. It just seemed kinda unnecessary and could’ve been replaced with other things that they could’ve done to bond and get closer. So glad that I still decided to give this book a try, even though ‘Things we wanted to say (but never did)’ was such a disaster. This book made up for it and made me even more excited to read more Monica Murphy books in the future! It isn't a secret I am a huge fan of Monica Murphy. And after reading All Things I Wanted to Say, I was very excited to finally get Sylvie's redemption story. AND to find out more about Spencer.

This didn't really do it for me. Maybe it's because I haven't read the rest of Lancaster Prep, or really a MM book in quite some time, but this was just flat. I didn't hate it, but I didn't really like it either. I also recommend A Million Kisses in Your Lifetime and the Arranged Marriage trilogy reading after - Which follows more of these crazy wealthy Lancasters! Did you want to be found?” Spence asks, his voice as soft as mine. I slowly shake my head. “Only by you.” He was my first love, my protector, my knight in shining armour. We were made for each other, and I truly believed he was my forever.

Select a format:

The ending felt a little rushed, but was ultimately satisfying. And while the story wasn't fully what I had hoped for, it still hit the spot.

Knowing the “why” to justify people’s actions, is a luxury some take for granted. Sometimes, there isn’t one. And that’s terrifying. While other times, you just don’t need the “why”. For years she’s solely been her mother’s focus. Sylvia Lancaster is not just your run-of-the-mill autocratic socialite. No, overbearing would have even been preferable to the horrors Sylvie endured at the hands of her very own mother. This is the third book in the Lancaster prep series, I would say you should read things we wanted to say but never did first just then you can understand Sylvie and a character and person more this book just explains her and her relationships better. It's basically set 2-3yrs after things we wanted to say but never did and what happened to sylvie afterwards. The main story is about Sylvies relationship with Spencer being dual pov and how they reconcile also ✨️spoilers✨️ how they get married at the end. There is a sub plot about Sylvies relationship with her mother but that also gets kinda stale and dull. Her mother is very much a psychotic demon. I hated her in all the other books and despise her even more in this one! The things she did to her family and especially her children is unforgivable and so disgusting. So glad that she got what she deserved at the end and won’t be a bother anymore. Karma wins once again!I swore this school year would be better, but it’s still all the same. All the time. She won’t leave me alone. I don’t feel normal. Ever. I don’t even know what that means or what it’s like. But being with you, and hanging out with Summer…you both help me forget who I really am.” Her smile is small. Sad. “A broken little doll with nothing to live for.”

My senses are buzzing, fully awake and attuned to this woman, and I understand completely why I came here. Why I sought her out. I’m still in love with her. Like a complete dumbas s.” When she’s sold to a Medicare-eligible magnate with the highest bid, Sylvie gives the most intimate piece of herself to the only man she’s ever loved, before accepting her fate. On the surface, Sylvie Lancaster is the stereotypical “poor little rich girl.” However, on the inside she’s vulnerable, broken. Despite their truth, no one believes the outlandish claims she makes leaving her lonely on top of everything else. Their relationship is also so well developed! Considering that it’s a second chance romance makes it even better! They had chemistry and love for one another from the get go and how their relationship developed in the past was also so endearing and not weird or overboard! It was just so cute and it made sense!! It just made me enjoy the book even more. Until one day she runs into him at a wedding. He's older and still unbearably handsome. Their undeniable connection draws them together.Bold, brazen, depraved, and delicious! Their chemistry is complicated and consuming. A beautiful mess - equal parts twisted and magical' 5***** Reader Review

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop