Sennheiser IE 200 Wired Audiophile Stereo Earphones - Corded In-Ear Buds with High Fidelity Superior Clear Sound, True-to-Life Voicing and an Impactful Bass - Black

£64.995
FREE Shipping

Sennheiser IE 200 Wired Audiophile Stereo Earphones - Corded In-Ear Buds with High Fidelity Superior Clear Sound, True-to-Life Voicing and an Impactful Bass - Black

RRP: £129.99
Price: £64.995
£64.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Overall the IE200 I found gives you a very natural organic presentation across the board when it comes to instruments as well as Vocals. I forget where I saw this, but I remember seeing an article where Sennheiser/Axel Grell started talking about multiple driver headphones and their limitations. He felt that a single driver is the best way to reproduce sound. As far as I know, Sennheiser has never produced a multiple driver IEM. I didn’t think much of it at the time but the more I time I spend with the IE200 and IE600 the more I’m starting to agree. I have many high-end multiple driver custom headphones. Don’t get me wrong, they sound fantastic for various reasons, but I do hear what Axel was saying. I feel like there are no gaps in the sound. Multiple driver IEMs can’t seem to touch the level of coherency of a single driver. The transition from the lows to mids to highs is seamless. It also sounds a lot more natural to my years. Just my two cents.

Sennheiser’s answer. Whether you’re a lifelong audiophile — or you just want better sound on the road — Add Sennheiser’s 2-year warranty policy and excellent customer support, and suddenly the IE 200 feel like an investment you are unlikely to regret as long as you know what you are getting. Brainwavz B400 – Bass bleeds a bit into the mids here with the B400. Vocals are again a touch more forward and intimate. Where Sennheiser is betting that all our minor quibbles on the design side will be drowned out is on sound quality, and it might not be wrong there.

How does the Sennheiser IE 200 sound?

Over to something a little sprightlier, Big Thief’s folk-infused Spud Infinity, and the IE 200 communicate the joviality with a clear, agile midrange. The spring-boing sounds at the farthest sides of the soundstage are a reminder of the earbuds’ breadth, while their audibility as they move beneath the vocal and guitar melody is a testament to the Sennheisers’ finer-detail retrieval. The IE 200, as you can see in the pictures, is small in size just like the IE 300 but it does look unique. They probably are the least impressive looking IEMs of Sennheiser’s IE-line-up, but you can clearly see they have their own style. That being said my re-tuned sub boosted Ej'S didn’t and the IE200 were very close in texture and actually the IE200 had a tad more quality and texture. I love IEMs that are barely felt when wearing, and the IE 200 are one of those rare breeds. The ergonomic shell, coupled with the low-profile fit and light weight, offer class-leading comfort. The build quality and finish of my set of IE 200 is perfect, there’s really nothing bad I can say about it. Important to see and note is that the IE 200 has a rib/ridge on the canal so the tip can be held in place. The nozzle is also sealed with a plastic mesh so that dirt and wax can’t easily enter the IEMs. In fact, that mesh logo can be found in the foam tips as well, they share the same design. Sennheiser/Deutsche Gründlichkeit.

So, much like its far more expensive options, the IE 200 has an L-shape to its earbuds, each of which can be easily detached from its cabling to swap in cables you might want to buy yourself. Trumpets here are silky or should sound that way with good timbre, overall mix how does it present, and of course Poncho’s drums ) The company has refined the 7mm ‘Extra Wide Band’ drive unitalso, as well as the chamber-within-a-chamber structure that helps manage airflow in an effort to produce a defined bass and equally satisfying midrange. Sennheiser states that “the IE 200 can appeal to a variety of listening preferences thanks to its unique dual-tuning feature – from deep and emotional bass response to texture-rich treble presence” . Personally, I like to pair the IE 200 with IFI Zen Dac V2 without bass boost enabled on the DAC-AMP. For on the go, I use it with the LG G8X which also sounds great.The earphones themselves house Sennheiser’s 7mm “extra-wideband TrueResponse” transducers, which the company says exhibit almost no harmonic distortion, have a stated frequency response of 6Hz to 20KHz and impedance of 18 Ohms. Sennheiser IE 200 review: What do we like about them? We're also a little underwhelmed by the two plastic sleeves that keep the cable gathered and let you tie it together under your chin for more comfort - these don't look to us like they'll last all that long compared to sturdier options. Over-ear (circumaural) Bluetooth wireless adaptive noise cancellation headphones with additional... The treble is astonishingly praiseworthy as a single 7mm transducer is able to hold the balanced sound while producing such extension and air in the sound. The exposure of the treble is not something new as a few under or around this price provide such a tonality. The differences comes when the technicalities comes into play. The response becomes rich and details without producing nuisances in tonal balance. The upper treble sounds extensive and airy with good details which are vividly clear to listen to. The vocals have a little shy approach but keeps harmony between the instruments and itself very well. The vocals sound have a realistic persona. The instruments have a more forward approach where it seems not to be edgy or sharper but anyhow brings out good details without being emphasizing the dynamic range. The instruments do have a lush presence but comes out beautiful and informative. I should also point out that these aren’t the detail monsters but usually the tonality suffers of those IEMs with great technicalities especially those with dynamic drivers. The lower treble sounds a little spicy yet retaining the tonal performance and not being metallic or odd sounding. The vocals have a lively approach where as the instruments works in harmony with the vocals while producing a forward presence with better dynamics and soft timbre. There hints of a little hotness with instruments playing in high octaves. All in all the presentation of the treble region is ecstatic and vivid with smooth flow of presentation. As all our ears are different shapes & size so what I hear as bright or bass heavy -you might hear as dull and Vise-Versa; just something to be mindful of.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop