A Man Called Otto [DVD]

A Man Called Otto [DVD]

RRP: £6.99
Price: £3.495
£3.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Swifties Threaten To Boycott Netflix When 'Taylor Swift: The Reputation Stadium Tour' Is Removed Next Month: "Does Netflix Realize How Many People Are Going To Cancel Their Subscription?" Beyoncé Gave The Beyhive A Little Something To Be Thankful For With A “First Look” At ‘Renaissance' During Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Stream It Or Skip It: ‘The Velveteen Rabbit’ on Apple TV+, a Charming and Typically Tearjerking Adaptation of the Classic Children's Book Tom Hanks is brilliant in A Man Called Otto, and there’s not long to own it at home. The A Man Called Otto DVD release date has been set. With this being one of the first movies of 2023, it’s hard to make a call on when it will come to DVD and Blu-ray. Each year, recently, the timelines have changed. However, we can make a rough guess based on some of the later 2022 movies.

Stream It Or Skip It: 'Catch Me If You Claus' on Hallmark, A Christmas Movie That's Part Rom-Com and Part Crime Caper Alyssa Farah Griffin Defends Justin Timberlake Following Britney Spears' Explosive Abortion Claims On 'The View': "They Were Both In A Very Toxic Environment"Southern Charm' Star Olivia Flowers Shades 'RHOBH' Star Crystal Kung Minkoff After BravoCon: "I Thought She Was Rude" Dolly Parton's Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader Outfit For NFL Halftime Show Caused Everyone To Lose Their Minds: “Dolly Parton Just Won Thanksgiving” Meanwhile, Stage 6 Films’ Umma, from writer-director Iris K. Shim, is getting a release on March 18, 2022. Sandra Oh and Fivel Stewart star as a mother-daughter pair living on a farm. North West Roasts Kim Kardashian's Ex-Boyfriend Pete Davidson: "You're Going To The Met Gala, Pete, Not The Gas Station"

Limited Theatrical Release on December 29, 2022, Followed by a wide release in the United States on January 13, 2023. In A Man Called Otto, 63-year-old widower Otto Anderson contemplates suicide after losing his wife Sonya. However, his plans are repeatedly interrupted by his new neighbors, Marisol, and her family, who try to befriend him. Otto’s interactions with them and other neighbors lead him on a journey of self-discovery and healing. Eventually, he fights against a real estate company trying to take over the neighborhood. Despite facing challenges, Otto forms close bonds with his neighbors and finds a renewed sense of purpose. The film culminates in a heartwarming ending where Otto’s legacy lives on through his love and connections with those around him. The cast of A Man Called OttoSony also announced that TriStar Pictures’ Whitney Houston musical biopic I Wanna Dance With Somebody will move up two days and is now set for release on Dec. 21, 2022. Selected items are only available for delivery via the Royal Mail 48® service and other items are available for delivery using this service for a charge. How 'The Buccaneers' Crafted Josie Totah and Mia Threapleton’s "Joyful" Queer Romance: "Never Even a Discussion" Kelly Ripa Applauds College Courses That Teach Gen Z “How To Make Small Talk” On ‘Live’: “God Knows They Need The Help!”

What to Watch's A Man Called Otto review calls the movie a charmer, with Hanks and co-star Mariana Treviño being the biggest reasons why. While there may be a few groans from some aspects, it's ultimately difficult not to be won over by it. The Great British Baking Show': Paul Hollywood and Prue Leith Sent the Wrong Baker Home during "Party Week" Susan Sarandon Dropped By UTA Talent Agency After Speaking At A Pro-Palestine Rally In New York City Stream It Or Skip It: 'A Nearly Normal Family' On Netflix, Where A Family's Secrets Come Out When The Daughter Is Accused Of Murder My only real grumble and gripe with this film is that it’s not quite as good as the Swedish version. As I said earlier, the film likes to telegraph the comedy elements, and that can undercut the important “why” Hanks’ Otto is the way he is. In contrast, I felt Hannes Holm’s A Man Called Ove starring Rolf Lassgård had a better balance of humor and serious dramatic beats without being so blunt-edged with its emotional range. The various songs played throughout this version practically demand the audience shed a tear or two. And if one song didn't do it, there are two more coming. But if subtitles aren’t your thing and you need the story to be a little more “Americanized” - A Man Called Otto is a fine version. Not the best version of the story, you’d have to read the book for that, but this is still very good and better than expected.

Rate And Review

A Man Called Otto has been given a PG-13 rating in the US and a 15 in the UK for "mature thematic material involving suicide attempts and language." A Man Called Otto director

To be clear upfront, I’m not much of a fan of Mark Forster, or at least his output for the last fifteen or so years. Monsters Ballwas excellent, Finding Neverland was nice, and I enjoyed Stranger Than Fiction, but everything from The Kite Runner onward has been pretty rough. By World War Z I was pretty sure I didn’t need to see anything from him again. So when I saw his name in the opening credits for A Man Called Otto, I was a bit worried this one wouldn't come together, but thankfully this film turned out. It may be a little flashy, blunt with its emotions, and it often telegraphs Hanks’ impending “Grumpy Funnies” scenes, but Foster managed to craft a film with a lot of heart and great performances.

Search What's on Netflix

On Blu-ray Disc, A Man Called Otto is presented in 1080p at 1:85:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1. Subtitles are provided in English SDH, French, and Spanish.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop