Amazing Fantasy (2022) #1000

Amazing Fantasy (2022) #1000

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

This is a slightly unconventional anthology as far as anniversary comics go, particularly because some stories do surprising things with the character. There are tales here that celebrate what makes Spider-Man great, of course, but there are also unconventional tales like Slott’s story showing us Spider-Man in the far future or Rainbow Rowell and Olivier Coipel focusing on Peter’s photography. That mixes things up, making many of the stories in this collection quite personal. Join the industry’s top talent in celebrating Spider-Man’s birthday when AMAZING FANTASY #1000 arrives in August. Stay tuned in the coming weeks for variant cover reveals, creator announcements, and more! Visionary writer Neil Gaiman and artist Steve McNiven tell a touching tale about how Spidey inspired a young fan

The fact that this is exactly the way Uncle Ben died is not lost on Peter Parker. As he fights for his life from a hospital bed, he says "Not some burglar with a gun...going out like Uncle Ben. Almost feels right."It is a mundane and rather realistic death for a superhero who regularly fought aliens, demons and mad scientists, but this is the point. Peter has always stood for the proverbial little guy, the kind of people who are all too often lost amid the chaos of a world-ending crossover event. Spider-Man never forgets his street-level roots, no matter how many Gods or monsters he fights.Coipel’s art is pretty, but this is basically just Rainbow Rowell writing an idiotic and annoying JJJ. It’s fine I guess, but Coipel getting to draw all the different characters is the best part.

The Daily Bugle begins showing people what they secretly want to believe one morning, and all hell breaks loose in NYC. While the story is an okay enough take on the whole "Fake News" shit, the highlight of this is Stegman’s pencils. His Superior Spider-Man art is still some of my favorite Spider-Man art to this day, so it's just nice seeing him draw the character again. His action scenes just always have so much energy to them. Spider-Man Vs. Conspirition" is probably my least favorite story here. It just doesn't really feel like it matters or says anything about Spider-Man as a character. story - Falcone/Cho - 8.5. It's really short, but nice. It has a message and the art is cool. Might be better, but it's an awesome opening for such a book. So I am still a big kid at heart, my wife prefers me that way, and I gave a bit of the nerdiness to our daughters, and it makes them happy too. Cover image for 75960609975700171 AMAZING FANTASY 1000 MCNIVEN VARIANT, by Kurt Busiek & Marvel Various & Jim Cheung, in stores Wednesday, August 31, 2022 from marvel

Marvel Preview: New Mutants #25

Some guy? You think you're just some guy? You think the crimes you commit don't matter? That nobody's ever gonna get hurt because of you? Frankie, buddy, I'm here to tell you... I know different. So yeah, the world might be going to hell. Alien slime monsters might be eating the Empire State Building. But until you stop what you're doing, I'm never going to stop finding you and putting you away. Because to me, you're not "just some guy." — Spider-Man (Peter Parker) Appearing in "Just Some Guy" Sinister 60th" is actually my favorite story here. Call me a softy, but when all those people lined up to see Spider-Man on his deathbed, that made me a little emotional. Slaves of the Witch-Queen" is really weird. There's a big, flashing question of "Why?" but it's by Busiek, so it's at least well-written. It's not something I would've put in this anthology, but it's not bad. Art by STEVE MCNIVEN, RYAN STEGMAN, JIM CHEUNG, MICHAEL CHO, GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI, TERRY DODSON, RACHEL DODSON, OLIVIER COIPEL, & MARCO CHECCHETTO

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop