Pop-Tarts, Breakfast Toaster Pastries, Frosted Crisp Apple, Good Source of 3 B Vitamins, 13.5oz Box

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Pop-Tarts, Breakfast Toaster Pastries, Frosted Crisp Apple, Good Source of 3 B Vitamins, 13.5oz Box

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Apple tarts are mini Apple pastries made with puff pastry, sliced apples and sugar. To elevate the simple flavors, we add sugar, lemon juice and sweetened condensed milk. Apple Tarts vs Apple Pie – What’s the Difference? Poke a few holes in the top pastry and then place on top of the filled one, pressing down to seal them. Then take a fork and further seal them by pressing down along the sides while creating that pie crust shape. Use your fingers to pinch the butter with the dry ingredientes until there are no chunks of butter left and your mix looks like breadcrumbs. You can also do this process on a food processor.

Plan ahead. There is some waiting time involved in this recipe. You want your pop-tart pastry dough to rest in the fridge (ideally overnight) and the apple cinnamon filling to cool completely before assembling. I recommend making the pie dough and the apple filling the day before. You can even make the cream cheese filling ahead of time and refrigerate it overnight, but make sure to bring it to room temperature before assembling the pop-tarts, so you can easily spread it. Once the pop-tarts are chilled, use a fork to poke 3 sets of holes in the dough to allow steam to escape. Brush the entire top of each pop-tart with egg wash. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the pop-tarts are puffed and golden brown. Allow to cool completely before glazing. The Honeycrisp apple is perfect for fall baking. The crisp texture, sweetness and hints of honey are all the characteristics that make it my favorite apple. Homemade Pie Dough When you spoon the filling onto the pastry, leave 1/2" around the edges so that you can seal the pastry. Place pop tarts on a parchment lined baking sheet. Freeze pop tarts for at least 1 hour until solid.Now that I’m an adult, I still enjoy frosted pop tarts, but prefer to make my own version.As in, my recipe for flakey all butter pie dough filled with fall apple pie filling and topped with a cinnamon vanilla glaze. I tested the recipe with homemade and store bought apple butter. You can use both just make sure whatever you use isn’t too runny. You can see the consistency of the apple butter I used for these in the photos, aim for something like that. If yours is a little more runny, just add an extra 1-2 tsp of flour. Pie dough - I used pre-made pie dough from the store but you can also make your own. I have an almond flour pop tart dough recipe you can use if you want to make homemade gluten free dough too. If you want a flaky crust, use pastry dough.

Powdered sugar - The base of the frosting. Sift it ahead of time if you want super silky smooth frosting.

Watch The Recipe Video!

These will absolutely ruin store-bought pop-tarts for you. If you don’t want that, really, don’t make these. That said, it is absolutely worth it if you’re thinking “do I really need to make pop-tarts from scratch, is it worth the energy?”. You will see and taste the difference here. These are special. Make them to have a fun element at a brunch you’re hosting. Bring them as a gift. There’s such a great nostalgic element to them with a truly wow-worthy taste. I love these! Here I usually tell the user what the different layers or parts of the cake are, then I separate them in the next few Header 3’s and talk about each one specifically. The flakey pastry Add a couple tablespoons of filling, but be careful not to overfill or else it may seep through while baking!

Hi, This recipe looks delicious and I am excited to try it! I just wanted to clarify, if the recipe as written makes 12 pop tarts, shouldn’t we cut the dough into 24 squares rather than the 12 stated in the instructions, so that there is a top and bottom piece for each pop tart? Maybe I am missing something or have misunderstood the instructions? I’d love to have you share this or any of your amazing posts at our weekly Super Saturday Link Party. It starts Friday’s at 6pm, hope we see you there! Use a knife, pizza cutter, or small cookie cutter to cut the dough into 24 even squares (or circles). The apple pie filling can also be made the night before for easy assembly the next morning. Just make sure its cool before spooning onto your cold pastry. How to Store Homemade Pop Tarts

Nutrition

Add 1/4 cup (60 g) apple butter (adjust amount if altering the default number of servings) and maple syrup (starting with the lesser amount) and pulse until the mixture comes together into a moist dough ball and there are no obvious streaks of flour. If it seems too dry and isn’t holding together when pressed between your fingers, add the additional tablespoon of maple syrup. The pop tart is actually baked as one giant pop tart and then sliced into pieces that make it great for serving to a crowd. Think Thanksgiving brunch, Christmas morning, or a special birthday breakfast surprise!

Apples:Use three medium peeled, cored, chopped apples. Apples add both tart flavor and sweetness. I love baking with McIntosh, Granny Smith, and Honey Crisp. For another delicious apple recipe, try my apple cider cake recipe. Add half of dry mixture to creamed butter. With the mixer running, slowly add cream. Add the remaining dry mixture and mix until just incorporated. Move dough pieces to a lined baking sheet. Top with sliced apples. Optionally, drizzle with condensed milk.Pie Crusts: Refrigerated pie crust (a box of 2 crusts) or you can use a double recipe of my all butter pie crust. With a pizza cutter or knife cut your pastry to 3inch x 4inch rectangles. You will need 2 for each pop tarts. Hot Tip: Drizzling your tarts with condensed milk at the end is totally optional. It does make them lean on a sweet side. We love the extra sweetness around here, but feel free to omit if you like a little less sugar! Tips for Making the Best Apple Tarts To make dough: whisk together flour, cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Add the egg and mix until just combined. Scrape bowl as needed. Lay out your crust rectangles on a flat surface. Place 1 tablespoon of apple pie filling in the center of half of them.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop