If Only They Could Talk

If Only They Could Talk

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Ada kisah keberhasilan saat Herriot dan tim secara cerdas atau secara kebetulan dapat mendiagnosis penyakit dan menyembuhkannya. Ada kisah mengharukan saat Herriot harus memberikan penenang permanen kepada hewan yang terkena kanker untuk melepas penderitaannya. Ada banyak sekali kelucuan saat Siegfried yang sok efisien harus terperangkap prinsip-prinsipnya, atau sekedar oleh kepikunannya yang luar biasa. Dan banyak hiburan akibat keusilan Tristan yang tak pernah habis. Tapi yang tak pernah membosankan adalah komitmen Herriot untuk setiap saat membantu makhluk hidup yang menderita, biarpun kadang ia harus melampiaskan kekesalan dan kemarahan; dan selalu diakhiri oleh kembalinya kesadaran bahwa hidup itu ajaib, lucu, agung, dan tak pernah membosankan.

If only they could talk : Herriot, James : Free Download If only they could talk : Herriot, James : Free Download

And it turns out this is something I’ve read before. Because All Creatures Great and Small, probably his best-known and best-loved book, was originally published in part as If Only They Could Talk. ( All Creatures Great and Small also included It Shouldn’t Happen to a Vet and Let Sleeping Vets Lie; these three books were on their own considered too short to be marketed as standalone books, and so were combined into a single volume). Siegfried and Herriot go to a Pub (kind of bar but smaller and not sophisticated), they talk about veterinarian experience and ways of working.I thought I had read pretty much read all of James Herriot’s books, so stumbling across this one—and the name didn’t ring a bell—I was all excited about a ‘new’ Herriot. I didn’t even bother to read what it was about.

If only they could talk : Hollist, Mike : Free Download If only they could talk : Hollist, Mike : Free Download

Ini betul-betul salah satu buku yang mempengaruhi hidupku :). Alf Wight, seorang dokter hewan dari Yorkshire, menovelisasi hidupnya dan menggunakan nama samaran James Herriot. This observation, which lightens the mood along with some comical dialogs that ensues with cow’s owner, sets the tone for the book. Even while at the end of his wits, we find a character who finds amusement from simple things from his surroundings which adds that extra bit of appeal even in his descriptions of surgeries and other animal medical conditions, which can be a bit squeamish if described in dry medical terms. All Creatures Great and Small]. If Only They Could Talk [with] It Shouldn't Happen to a Vet [with] Let Sleeping Vets Lie [with] Vet in Harness [with] Vets Might Fly [with] Vet in a Spin. [Dustwrapper artwork and illustrations by Larry.] 'ALL CREATURES GREAT AND SMALL': SIGNED SET WITH LOCAL PROVENANCE

James Alfred Wight, the British veterinary surgeon and writer, is renowned for his semi-autobiographical works written under the name ' James Herriot', which chronicle some of the most amusing moments from his life as a veterinarian. His reminiscences as a surgeon are pleasantly mild and warm to read and his style of narration that describe his adventures with the animals and their owners is of the most hilarious form that can make even the most serious of the reader burst out in a laugh. Apart from being incredibly entertaining, Herriot’s books also offer a historical perspective at the practice of veterinary science that was followed in Britain during the time period.

If Only They Could Talk by James Herriot | Goodreads

Forgotten the title or the author of a book? Our BookSleuth is specially designed for you. Visit BookSleuth On a winter night last June, José Antonio Tuki, a 30-year-old artist on Easter Island, did one of the things he loves best: he left his house on the southwest coast and hiked north across the island to Anakena beach. Tuki sat on the sand and gazed at the colossal human statues – the moai. The statues range from four to 33 feet and some weigh more than 80 tons. They were carved long ago with stone tools and then transported up to 11 miles to massive stone platforms. As Tuki stares at their faces, he feels a connection. ‘It’s something strange and energetic,’ he says. ‘This is something produced from my culture, the Rapanui.’ He shakes his head. ‘How did they do it?’ I can see that the TV series is not an accurate adaptation of the James Herriot books. I still enjoy the TV series, but it’d be interesting to discover how much contrasts differently in the book. I’m amazed there are stories featured in the book that would eventually adapt into episodes of Series 1, 2 and even 4 which I’ve not seen yet. Siegfried decides to become self-sufficient and acquires hens and pigs. The hens escape and fail to lay and are eventually given away.James Herriot realizes that the veterinarian job is not as easy as professionals show it on their books; the beautiful pictures of cows standing calm waiting for the doctor to attend them were a big lie. He was blaming doctors for not teaching how to look for instruments in the darkness and in small places with a lot of dust. In this chapter, James Herriot fights a battle against a calf that gives him a lot of problems at the time of its born. Season two of the hit TV adaptation of All Creatures Great and Small is now showing on Channel 5, featuring Sam West as Siegfried Farnon.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop