A Far Wilder Magic: Allison Saft

A Far Wilder Magic: Allison Saft

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

A romantic YA fantasy perfect for fans of Erin A. Craig and Margaret Rogerson, about two people who find themselves competing for glory—and each other's hearts—in a magical fox hunt.

But the high tension, dangerous hunt in the woods may result with unleashing dark magic! Whether they survive from the merciless conditions of nature, could they defeat the dangerous effects of dark magic which will risk their lives? I was swept away with this story. Saft is a master at creating lush and fully-consuming atmospheres. I loved the world she created here; it felt very greater-Boston area, maybe mid-to-late 1920s, but with magic. Saft skillfully engineers an odd pair that are forced to work together. This standalone will definitely hook readers who like a little enemies-to-friends in their romances." — Booklist If simmering romance between two people with their walls all the way up is your jam, then this book will win your heart... Romantic but not romanticized, A Far Wilder Magic suggests that the true quest isn’t hunting the mythical beast, it’s finding the truth within yourself.” — NPR.org Besides, there’s only one surefire way to kill a demiurge that she knows of. The alchemy it requires … She’d sooner die than see someone try it again.Admittedly, I’ve never been great with science, and with Wes being an alchemist and the hunt relying on this quite heavily, it was a major theme of the novel. But, though I can’t say I understood every instance, it definitely didn’t draw me out of the story. In fact, I probably would have liked to read more of it, along with learning more about the hala and the lore surrounding the hunt. “Whatever you want, I swear I’ll make it happen. I swear I’ll make you happy”

The catch is only teams of two are allowed. Margaret is the best shot in town, but she needs an alchemist for a partner. Perhaps Wes can serve a purpose after all. Girls like her don’t get to dream. Girls like her get to survive. Most days, that’s enough. Today, she doesn’t think it is.” Other than that, I was pretty easily swept away by the story and characters. I liked the mythical, magical hunt, though I think I kept waiting for something else to happen with the hala, for it to turn out to be not what they expected. And I guess in some ways it wasn’t, but not in the ways I thought it might.

Saft’s second novel is a captivating story of family, alchemy, and love centered around two marginalized characters who dare to compete for their dreams in a world that has never given them a chance. The romance and the hunt kept my heart racing from beginning to end. Absolutely riveting.” — Audrey Coulthurst, author of Of Fire and Stars ONE OF 2022'S MOST ANTICIPATED READS: * BUZZFEED * EPIC READS * GOODREADS * THE NERD DAILY * UNITED BY POP * Once Evelyn finishes her research, things will be different. They’ll be together, and they’ll be happy again. That is something worth putting her life on hold for. So she hefts her maul and splits the log again. As she bends over to collect the kindling, a chill slithers down her collar.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop