Behind Closed Doors: The gripping, shocking, million-copy and international bestselling psychological thriller from the author of The Dilemma

£3.995
FREE Shipping

Behind Closed Doors: The gripping, shocking, million-copy and international bestselling psychological thriller from the author of The Dilemma

RRP: £7.99
Price: £3.995
£3.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

PARIS is the New York Times and internationally bestselling author of Behind Closed Doors, The Breakdown, Bring Me Back, The Dilemma, and The Therapist. Later on, Millie is also the one to come up with the perfect solution for killing Jack—sleeping pills. It’s interesting how people can really manipulate you and the outside world without you knowing what is going on in someone’s private life. They’re driving along the highway when Finn decides to stop at a service station to use the restroom.

Disturbed is what you will feel with much of this book, don't be surprised if your mouth pops open (watch out for fruit flies at that point). Though Grace has promised to visit Millie in the hospital on the way to the airport for their honeymoon, Grace feels guilty that she marries without her younger sister present. One of the guests is a new acquaintance of Jack’s and his wife is making slightly bitchy comments to Grace and asking her a series of questions about her life and her relationship with her partner. Things may look perfect to you on the outside but they are really horrible and gut wrenching behind closed doors.I’m not sure if my expectations were hijacked by the hype or if some of the other thrillers/suspense novels I’ve read this year have set the bar really high, but either way, this didn’t exactly work for me.

Ergue-se o pano e a adulada perfeição é um sapato de cristal com salto agulha 👠 — um deleite para quem olha e uma tortura para quem calça! The tale follows a woman whose dream husband suddenly becomes her worst nightmare immediately following their wedding day. São jantares glamorosos, eletrizantes, onde os convivas se deixam arrebatar por aquele fabuloso casal, tão requintado, tão carismático, tão perfeito!is setting up an expectation that can at best end in confusion but more likely to result in resentment and murder. At first glance, an impartial outsider might take this pairing and constant closeness for true love. Although, seeing how things worked out for her on the few occasions when she did try to get away did help to convince me.

Also, Millie seemed a little too clever for someone with a low IQ—could she have successfully hidden pills, and would she have been able to cook up such a scheme? Instead, the author chooses to give you just enough information to piece things together for yourself and leaves the rest to your imagination. She does not actually appear anywhere without her husband if anyone actually sits down to think about it.In the basement, Grace finds the puppy that Jack had gotten for her before the wedding dead from dehydration. Although its content is crawling with extremely twisted and bizarre insinuations, this story isn't the least bit graphic in what it reveals.

While I can’t say I loved this one, I liked it enough to consider reading another book from this author. Grace is frantic and considers putting off the wedding but Jack convinces her that while Millie won't be able to attend the wedding, she is otherwise just fine. But, when Jack meets Grace and Millie, he knows instantly Grace will be the one for him, and of course Millie is welcome to live with them. I finished last year on a high and this year has started on a high for just awesomeness in book material.Once I got my bearings back, I was riveted by the race against time atmosphere, and filled with a feeling of dread, wanting to scream at the characters to DO SOMETHING!

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop