Hostage: The emotional 'what would you do?' thriller from the Sunday Times bestseller

£7.495
FREE Shipping

Hostage: The emotional 'what would you do?' thriller from the Sunday Times bestseller

RRP: £14.99
Price: £7.495
£7.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Every single chapter is tense, totally compelling and although it felt very OTT drama at times I could not put it down, no matter how ridiculous I thought it was getting. I thought the Hostage did a great job of building suspense! Once Mina is on the plane, she finds a belonging of her daughters, which lends credibility to her daughter being threatened. From that moment on, it was a tense ride to the end of the book waiting to see how everything played out! Each chapter was short and snappy, so once I got going with my reading, I didn’t want to stop! It was also really effective having short chapters interspersed from the perspectives of passengers on the flight. I enjoyed getting to see their differing reasons for being on the flight and the experiences they have each had in their lives. They had such a clever relevance as the story developed too which I loved. I also liked getting to learn about other passengers from Mina’s interactions with them throughout the flight. Hostage' is just an incredible read and one I do not think I will ever forget. This is exhilarating, emotional and full of danger and secrets. I loved every word and every twist and turn the book took. I cannot recommend this enough, it is just the perfect read.

The main characters were flawed and believable, and their somewhat unlikeable qualities prevented me from feeling fully engaged in the outcome. I also felt there was a slight lag in plot development. There is an emotion decision that has to be made, weighing up options as to what she should do and being judged for it and herself feeling guilty for it. This is the 4th book that I’ve read from this author and I have enjoyed them all. There were several things that I really loved about this book.The days that followed are a blur. Grief and disbelief morphed into guilt. What had we done? The doctors had said might never walk, not would. They had said unlikely to swallow, not would never. Miracles happen all the time – Alex could have recovered, he could have laughed, could have loved, could have lived. “What if?” was the constant whisper in my ear. What if you’d let him live? The first point of view is that of Mina and what happens aboard the plane.The atmosphere on board is electric and tense, there are many celebrities and politicians and they are already demanding attention. There is an open bar in first class and many are setting a party atmosphere before they have been in the air more than a couple of hours. I loved the multiple POV, starting from Adam the husband at home, to Mina getting ready to fly as well as some of the passengers. There are a variety of settings: Adams work, the journey to school, home and the flight. We gradually learn about the uneasy family dynamics of Adam, Mina and their five year old daughter, Sophia.

The atmosphere on board the first non-stop flight from London to Sydney is electric. Celebrities are rumoured to be among the passengers in business class, and the world is watching the landmark journey. The book is told through a few different perspectives. Primarily, we hear from Mina, the flight attendant on the plane, and her husband Adam, who is at home with their daughter. In addition to those POVs, we also have sporadic POVs from some of the passengers on the plane. We get to learn a little bit about why they are traveling and about their lives, which are about to be changed forever! Mina is a flight attendant with a London-based airline who is launching its inaugural 20-hour, nonstop flight to Sydney, Australia. It’s a high profile event with lots of press attention and public anticipation. Not long after the flight begins, Mina gets a message that threatens her family…her 5-year old daughter Sophia…unless she complies with demands that will certainly mean the takeover of the flight by persons unknown. Will Mina put her daughter before the lives of those on board the plane? While I was curious, I wasn’t at the edge of my seat like I had hoped. The book felt too long and drawn out. I found myself skimming the whole way.

What an absolutely amazing book. I honestly could not put it down and while I was desperate for it to end, I didn’t want it to end!!! Five star read - highly recommended.

I felt tense, I felt butterflies in my tummy and I had stopped breathing without noticing until I gasped!

Publication Order of DC Morgan Books

Time apart sounds like the perfect way for both to think about their marriage, but unfortunately, the time they spend away from each other will be filled with each thinking about survival. The story centres around Mina, a member of cabin crew on this inaugural flight who has recently separated from her husband Adam after she suspected he had an affair with their childminder Katya. Sharing custody of their adopted daughter Sophia, Mina swaps a shift with a colleague to get some breathing space and think about her future. Needless to say, the flight does not go as expected; Mina, passed a note from a stranger finds herself faced with a devastating choice - do as she is instructed or face someone hurting Sophia. Does she save her child or everyone on the plane? Who can she turn to for help? But soon after the plane takes off, Mina receives a chilling anonymous note. Someone wants to make sure the plane never reaches its destination. They’re demanding her cooperation . . . and they know exactly how to get it. He was calm and wise, and everything I needed. He talked about the Hippocratic oath and the importance of doing no harm. He talked about working with nature, not against it, and he gently suggested we consider not whether Alex might live, but whether that life would be meaningful – not to us, but to him. Hostage tells the story of the world’s first direct flight between London and Sydney, 20 hours in the air with no stops and over 350 passengers and crew on board. The flight is being heralded as the first of the future - what could possibly go wrong?

There isn’t much that can be said about the hostage situation without taking away from the reader’s enjoyment. Sacrifice your child to save hundreds or sacrifice hundreds to save your child? Which would you choose? I supplemented with the audio. Note re the audiobook: WHY would one narrator be used for all the different POV? It was impossible to tell whose POV I was listening to. I huge FAIL. Summary of plot line: Boarding time for 20 hours nonstop direct flight from London to Sydney is just started! The flight crew are so excited to become a part of history. But 34 years old air hostess Mina barely gathers her thoughts to focus on her job, feeling guilty to leave their five years old kid Sophia behind with her estranged husband. Goodreads Librarians are volunteers who help ensure the accuracy of information about books and authors in the Goodreads' catalog. The Goodreads Libra Goodreads Librarians are volunteers who help ensure the accuracy of information about books and authors in the Goodreads' catalog. The Goodreads Librarians Group is the official group for requesting additions or updates to the catalog, including:All onboard for this claustrophobic thriller set on the inaugural non-stop, direct 20-hour flight from London to Sydney. The over 350 mostly excited passengers and flight crew will face terrifying danger. There will be twists, unrelenting tension, suspense, action, and complexity of plot. This could be optioned into a great, edge of your seat movie experience.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop