Summer Sons

Summer Sons

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Andrew clenched his jaw as his frustration abruptly compounded. It didn’t matter that he’d summarily inherited the entire seven-point-five million dollars Eddie’s late parents had left him a decade ago, not right then. Andrew and Eddie did everything together, best friends bonded more deeply than brothers, until Eddie left Andrew behind to start his graduate program at Vanderbilt. Six months later, only days before Andrew was to join him in Nashville, Eddie dies of an apparent suicide. He leaves Andrew a horrible inheritance: a roommate he doesn’t know, friends he never asked for, and a gruesome phantom that hungers for him. Queerness is not yet here. Queerness is an ideality. Put another way, we are not yet queer, but we can feel it as the warm illumination of a horizon imbued with potentiality. We have never been queer, yet queerness exists for us as an ideality that can be distilled from the past and used to imagine a future. The future is queerness's domain. (p. 1)” Part nefarious ghost story, part academic thriller, with a Fast & Furious vibe, this compelling tale of mortal danger and dark supernatural power also thoughtfully grapples with notions of masculinity.” — Library Journal

Summer Sons by Lee Mandelo | Goodreads Summer Sons by Lee Mandelo | Goodreads

The word summer is used in song titles and describes a range of emotions. This article brings to life an epic list of songs with summer in the title. LEE MANDELO is a writer, critic, and occasional editor whose fields of interest include speculative and queer fiction, especially when the two coincide. They have been a past nominee for various... Read more Summer Sons is a southern summer in book form: hot and hungry and haunting. I couldn't put it down.” — Alix E. Harrow verifyErrors }}{{ message }}{{ /verifyErrors }}{{ Please just explain it to me, why you’re still going forward with this after he…” she paused. The sun forced her to squint, chin tilted as he turned to stare her straight in the face. “After he did what he did.”Truly intense: you can smell the blood, the sweat, and the petrol. It absolutely rips.” — Tamsyn Muir Although Summer Sons is keen, appropriately enough, to accelerate into the curves at key moments, its overall pace is strangely meandering. It’s not that it’s a bad mystery, it’s that Andrew is a phenomenally bad detective: only intermittently motivated, not particularly competent, and more emotionally invested in the case than actually focused on solving it. Eddie’s possible murder is the plot’s prime mover, but Andrew’s own trauma, and the complications he entangles himself in, take up far more space: Clumsily staggering from one confrontation to the next … none of that had organized intention behind it. He was acting on one impulse after another, hoping he’d find the right direction while dodging the shit that he’d rather ignore.”

Summer Sons - Tordotcom Publishing Summer Sons - Tordotcom Publishing

At once a raw, beautifully written gothic and an adrenaline-fueled debut, Summer Sons heralds a rich new voice in speculative fiction. Lee Mandelo is for real.” — Andy Davidson Intense, sweaty, and literally haunting, Summer Sons is the Southern gothic tale of race cars and graduate school I didn't know I needed. Come for the slow-burn relationships, and stay for the scalding hot twists.” — Annalee Newitz The word summer has been used to convey different meanings and a range of emotions in songs. Summer is a season that represents happiness and prosperity. In many songs the word summer has been used to express a happy vibe. Also, the feeling of being on holiday is associated with summer. Individuals love to take a break and go on a vacation during summer. The summer season is truly fascinating and that’s the reason why a number of songwriters have used the term ‘summer’ to convey a plethora of emotions. Review: Summer Sons by Lee Mandelo - Cemetery Dance Online". cemeterydance.com. 12 July 2021 . Retrieved 2021-10-11.Summer Sons blends an academic setting with a healthy dose of body horror and powerful themes of redemption and queer yearning in a narrative that starts slowly and speeds over the finish line.” — Booklist I don’t believe he killed himself. He had no reason to,” he said against his better judgment to the sound of her footsteps crunching behind him, because he didn’t have the fortitude to turn and look her in the face. “I don’t know, Del. Does that sound like Eddie to you? He ever strike you as the type?” Thank you for visiting my profile. I am a Freelance Content Writer. I like to learn something new every day. When I’m not at the computer, I’m either reading or on vacation. I dwell in peace, I hope you do too.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop