Beechfield Unisex Winter Chunky Ribbed Beanie Hat

Beechfield Unisex Winter Chunky Ribbed Beanie Hat

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

In the ‘any yarn’ spirit, following my any yarn will do sweater and cardigan crochet patterns, I’ve written this ribbed crochet beanie hat pattern for multiple yarn weights too! Decrease Round 3: *Knit 2 (4) sts in rib pattern, right double decrease, p1, k1, p1, left double decrease, p1, SM; repeat from * to end of round 40 (56 sts) For this approach, work the first pattern repeat as in the pattern. Then, when you move onto the second, as you start to increase the length of your rows, you can slip stitch into the corresponding stitches in the previous decrease section. So I tweaked the maths and made another… and another… and eventually I got to a design I was happy with. The one you see here.

With two sizes, one for adults and one for babies and toddlers, this hat is perfect for the whole family! A Very Brief History of the Watch Cap Dark grey version (used in video tutorial): Bergere de France Caline, 4ply, 60% Acrylic, 20% Wool, 20% Polyamide, 50g ball = 180m / 197 yds. Typically this kind of shaping is used with short rows, so this design probably breaks a whole bunch of traditional crochet and knit ‘rules.’ That’s it!! Repeat row 1 & 2 so the ribs develop only on one side of the fabric (this will give you a smoother surface on the wrong side when you have finished, which will not only make the hat more comfortable it will more importantly avoid the dreaded ‘hat hair’ look!) I had my first stab at it a couple of years ago when I released the My Brother’s Beanie pattern (designed for my brother’s birthday).If your stitches are too loose then it will be less elastic and may end up being too big. If you find that, with time and wear, your hat begins to stretch out, you can sew in some hat elastic to the brim to give it new life. The second area that some may be a little intimidated by, is the sewing required to create the crown seams at the end. Using a blunt tapestry needle (I like these ones) weave in and out of the top of the stitches of the tube you have created, I made one stitch per ridge.

Given the size of the finished item and the length of time it would take to make a swatch, you may wish to start the hat using the hook size suggested for your yarn weight then measure your gauge after you get started.Because the fabric created here is so stretchy, this pattern can be quite forgiving when it comes to gauge but if it’s too big, it’s hard to make it smaller so keep your eyes peeled. A left and right handed video tutorial is available (linked to below just before the start of the pattern) to accompany the pattern, covering the potentially challenging areas. Decrease Round 2: *Knit 4(6) sts in rib pattern, right double decrease, p1, k1, p1, left double decrease, knit in rib pattern to marker, SM; repeat from * to end of round 56 (72) sts Fold the hat with the right sides together. Working from the wrong side, align the sides matching stitch to stitch from the brim up.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop