Windswept & Interesting: My Autobiography

Windswept & Interesting: My Autobiography

RRP: £10.99
Price: £5.495
£5.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

He was beaten at home and at school, and – understandably – suffered with poor self-esteem, a feeling which lasted well into his adulthood. Listening to this book had me laughing to a point where I had to pause the book so I could compose myself and also hear what Billy was saying! I met him twice and have the photos to prove it, including the one where my camera unexpectedly decided it needed a flash. The inside story of the one of the most successful British stand-up comedians, as told by the person best qualified to reveal all about the man behind the comic, his wife of over 20 years - Pamela Stephenson.

It is often true that behind humour is great pain and parts of Billy’s story were devastating to read.Brown (1997), for which he was nominated for a BAFTA; The Boondock Saints (1999); The Last Samurai (2003); Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events (2004); and The X-Files: I Want to Believe (2008). In the book, Connolly recounts his life from his childhood in Glasgow to his successful career in entertainment. There is a lot of swearing – and while that can jar somewhat when seen on paper, it fits so perfectly with Billy Connolly’s personality, and his Glaswegian upbringing. It’s an attitude of mind that runs throughout the book, fueling his success first as a musician (a career I knew nothing about) and then as often outrageous and daring stand-up comic.

It’s quite a gift, but no doubt gave his stand-up shows a daring, unexpected quality, as well as their freshness and spontaneity. By turns heartbreaking, shocking, hilarious and moving I fell a little bit more in love with Billy with every minute I listened to. Most purchases from business sellers are protected by the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013 which give you the right to cancel the purchase within 14 days after the day you receive the item. While William was fighting in Burma, their mother, Mary, would leave the children alone in the house with the fire open and blazing, Florence once falling into burning ashes and permanently damaging an eye.Stephenson goes over his previous marriage to Iris who he had two children with and the relationship with his mother who abandoned Billy and his sister Florence when they were very little.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop