Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 6100 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush, Whitening, Pink

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 6100 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush, Whitening, Pink

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

For many years Sonicare stated 31,000 brush strokes, this has changed in more recent times to instead quoting 62,000 movements within their sales documentation. However, we should note that this probably won’t last very long, especially if you don’t fully wash away all the toothpaste from the toothbrush after use. After a few weeks of allowing remnants of toothpaste to remain on the handle, our beautiful handle was soiled in white stains that we cannot scrub off for love nor money. This can be easily avoided, however, by simply giving it a good rinse after use.

Unless you need or want the extra cleaning modes that come with the 5100 and 6100, the 4300 is the brush you should opt for. Another thing to mention is that this toothbrush is super quiet, especially compared to some of Oral-B’s high-end offerings. Sure, it produces a high-pitched buzz, but that won’t prove too annoying during use. The ProtectiveClean 4300 has 1 cleaning mode (Clean) compared to the 3 cleaning modes (Clean, White and Gum Care) of the 6100. Some newer brushes, such as the 1100, 2100, 3100 and 4100 Series are listed as having 31,000 brush strokes only. They don’t achieve the 62,000 movements. Philips Sonicare themselves seem to alter the description and explanation behind each cleaning mode, depending on what documentation or user manual you are reading.What I call ‘power’ is actually made up of 2 different variables. They are amplitude and frequency. Now what you feel this brush is actually worth may differ and I will say that personally I do not think this is the best value for money you can get of an electric toothbrush today. These significant discounts make the products look more appealing to you and I as consumers, hence we believe we are getting a deal. The polishing motion used in the last 40 seconds of this mode will feel and sound different from the first 2 minutes. As to the responses from customer service representatives, the characteristics may be considered trade secrets or something thus preventing them from outright telling you. Doing your own measurements would be best if you can get ahold of the brushes, for where there’s no answer available.

All are fairly expensive toothbrushes, the 6100 being the most expensive, but there is to some degree a certain quality and satisfaction in paying a slight premium when you get to use a brush as good as these. Triple tone of low-med-high means the brush head replacement reminder feature has been activated. The brush head replacement light and battery light will also blink green 3 times in unison to confirm activation. This is one of the most essential features of an electric toothbrush. Brushing for the right amount of time and using the correct technique will improve your oral health.At the end of the 2 minutes, the toothbrush automatically turns itself off. This is a very obvious sign that the required brushing time has passed. It has five brushing modes (clean, white, sensitive, gum care and deep clean), but is only supplied with a single brush head. Slightly disappointing accessories aside, particularly the bog-standard travel case, the Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 6100 is a top electric toothbrush. Yes, it’s comparatively expensive, but it’s smart brush-head technology and excellent cleaning ability make it a winner. If you want clean teeth with the minimum of fuss, this is the best sonic toothbrush that I’ve tested. Verdict Triple tone of low-med-high means the pressure sensor feature has been activated. The brush head replacement light and battery light will also blink green 3 times in unison to confirm activation. This intense vibration agitates fluids that surround the teeth and can loosen and remove dental plaque in locations that are beyond the physical touch of the toothbrush.

There's also a pressure sensor to warn you if you're pressing too hard with the brush, plus three brushing intensity levels and four modes. Some models refer to this mode as just Gum Health, whilst on others, it is labelled as Gum Care. It is the same cleaning action, just with a different name. Providing each of the 14 brushing sessions last for at least 1 minute, the brush will properly advance through the Easy-start ramp-up cycle. The 6 sections of 20 seconds intervals still result in the same brushing time (2 minutes). It is just a slightly different approach. As with most sonic toothbrushes, this model is very quiet, at just 71.2dB. That’s loud enough that you can hear it, but the high-pitched buzz isn’t distracting or annoying. Why buy the Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 6100?

In This Article

During the first 2 minutes, the brush alternates the speed of the motor from a low to high power as you complete regular brushing. The lesser power on offer here isn’t immediately obvious. Even for me and I have tested hundreds of brushes. The brushing sensation is slightly different. It is most noticeable if you have used other premium Sonicare toothbrushes before It should be noted that some Sonicare models have the option to change the intensity of the brushing motion. The toothbrush has a pressure sensor. Press too hard while brushing and you get a pulse through the brush handle warning you to loosen up. It’s a neat way of keeping you brushing properly. As with other models, there’s a two-minute timer, with a pulse every 30 seconds encouraging you to move onto the next quadrant. Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 6100 – Brush performance From my very own hands-on testing, it is clear that the ‘power’ of the brush differs, depending on what mode you have selected.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop