Seiko Men's Analog Solar Watch with Leather Strap SNE529P1

Seiko Men's Analog Solar Watch with Leather Strap SNE529P1

RRP: £29.99
Price: £14.995
£14.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Inside this watch is the Solar-powered Seiko in-house caliber V158 Solar Quartz. As the name suggests, this is a solar quartz movement which means it is powered by solar energy. This is a really convenient piece of technology which makes it suitable for everyday wear. Solar technology solves the need of having to replace the battery when it has run out of energy. In addition, the movement has a power reserve of 10 months which keeps the watch powered when it is not being charged by solar or ambient light. In this article, we are looking closer at one of the brand’s timepieces, the Seiko Solar SNE529. This is a classy and stylish timepiece and is a great addition to any man’s collection. Seiko’s watches are durable, stylish, and long-lasting. But with that said, there is a lot to choose from.

Screw-down crown Crown The knob on the outside of the watch that you typically use to either wind the mainspring or set the time [Learn More] What they all have in common is, as the name suggests, their Solar caliber Caliber The caliber ('movement') is the heart and engine of a watch. It consists of a number of interconnected components that work together. Energy is transmitted through the gear train, to the escapement mechanism. The escapement mechanism releases this energy in a controlled manner. This drives the gear train, which ultimately rotates the hands of the watch and keeps time. [More Info] V147, with a 10 month power reserve Réserve de marche Also known as Power Reserve. A watch's power reserve refers to the amount of time a mechanical watch can run without being wound. The power reserve of a mechanical watch can vary depending on the size of the mainspring, the efficiency of the gear train, and the rate at which the mainspring releases energy. If a watch has a Power Reserve 'complication' it simply means that the status of the power reserve can be seen on the watch itself (either on the dial or movement side of the watch). [Learn More] and an accuracy of ±15 seconds per month. In addition, they are Prospex watches so you know they aren’t afraid of a splash of water, with 200m water resistance. All watches are also armed with a nice sapphire crystal, which is always nice on a Seiko diver. It strikes a perfect balance between elegance and sportiness and is equipped with some really interesting technology, namely solar technology.The Seiko Prospex collection is a key collection within Seiko. A collection that focuses on ‘Professional Specifications’ as the name suggests. Essentially tough watches, able to take a punch and built to last. This collection houses some of my absolute favorite diver’s watches, not limited to Seiko, such as the Seiko Turtle and the recent monster hit, the Seiko Prospex SPB143. A great value proposition of this watch is the fact that it is equipped with a scratch-resistant sapphire crystal. Most Seiko watches in this price range use hardly crystals, so having a sapphire crystal is a big deal. The watch has a water resistance of 100m/330 feet which means it is suitable for swimming or showering. This should be more than enough. We are also able to offer an exchange to a different product if required, please specify this when returning your product.

Speaking of the case, it is made of stainless steel and has a combination of brushed and polished elements. The sides of the case are brushed, and the bezel is polished, but the part that ensures this is not just a boring and standard case is its lug design. The lugs have a ”twisted”, or beveled design where the inner part of the are brushed and the beveling is polished. A leather strap for an elegant and classy watch is to be expected, and it goes really well with the watch for giving it a dressy look. It’s comfortable, sleek, and stylish. And of course, if you want, you also have the opportunity to change the strap for something else. Specifications As we’ll go into detail about further on, this is a solar watch, as printed on the dial, but despite this, it’s so discreetly made that it is impossible to tell by looking at it. The emerald-green color of the dial blends in perfectly with the yellow-gold details and makes for a truly beautiful dial. Furthermore, the sunburst finish makes it even more vibrant and appealing. I like my watches how I like my graphic design: Swiss is best; I love Bauhaus-style, and Scandinavian minimalism; and also appreciate quality work from elsewhere, such as Japan, the US, and the UK.If you’re looking for a dive watch, it is safe to say that Seiko has you covered. Few brands (if any) have such a wide range of options in this segment. Whenever someone asks me where to look for a quality diver’s watch, my very first recommendation is to start with browsing what Seiko has floating around. More precisely, the Seiko Prospex collection. Around the outer edge of the dial, it has an angled chapter ring which is made in a lighter green tone which is grey/white towards the very edge. Another nice detail of the dial is that the hour markers have ”parking slots” into the chapter ring which looks great. All of these things are nice details that give it depth.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop