What's Your Pleasure?

What's Your Pleasure?

RRP: £27.65
Price: £13.825
£13.825 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Limited edition indie exclusive white vinyl issue. It is assumed this press is limited to 1000 copies after the white HMV exclusive was cancelled (planned to be 1000 copies) and distributed via Jessie’s online store and UK indies. The album follows on from her 2020 release What’s Your Pleasure, which was her highest charting record to date, peaking at no.3 on the UK album charts. It also featured singles “Save A Kiss”, “Spotlight” and “Remember Where You Are”. Ware first previewed the album at Glastonbury 2022 with the premiere of single “Free Yourself” during her set. Today, she follows it up with the disco-loving “Pearls”, which was co-written and produced by Coffee Clarence, JR, Sarah Hudson and Stuart Price. Selected items are only available for delivery via the Royal Mail 48® service and other items are available for delivery using this service for a charge.

Speaking about “Pearls”, Ware said: “”Pearls” is a record that doesn’t take itself too seriously but demands you to have a dance. It’s inspired by divas like Donna Summer, Evelyn Champagne King, Teena Marie and Chaka Khan and I guess attempts to show – in lightness – all the hats I try to wear (usually at the same time). It’s the second song you will hear from my collaboration with Stuart Price and Coffee – with the wonderful addition of Sarah Hudson – and hopefully gives you a taste of the fun we have working together.” It just sounds SUPER compressed to me, with no real “life,” dynamics or wide soundstage to the music. Which is a massive shame because these songs have SUCH lush, complex and layered production so it could sound absolutely incredible. But, unfortunately, as it is, it all just sounds kind of muddy and muffled, with all the sounds collapsed on top of each other instead of separate, distinct and clear. It sounds like an amateur pressed some high bitrate mp3s onto vinyl. Jessie Ware has announced her fifth album, That! Feels! Good!, due for release on April 28 via EMI.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop