A Kind of Spark

A Kind of Spark

RRP: £7.99
Price: £3.995
£3.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

This book made me cry, not because it is sad, but because it is everything I needed this book to be.

I believe A Kind of Spark is an important read for other autistic people to feel seen and for neurotypical people to attempt to understand what life is like through our eyes. Published last summer, A Kind of Spark has already won the Blue Peter prize for best story, and was named as Blackwell’s book of 2020. To także idealny obraz tego, że nie warto na siłę zmieniać się, aby inni nas zaakceptowali - jeżeli ktoś nas polubi to po prostu za to, jacy jesteśmy. Theirs also a part that she mentions a girl being put in an institution for being different but i don't feel these things are bad for a child to read. Published by tiny independent Knights Of, it follows Addie, an 11-year-old autistic girl, as she campaigns for a memorial to the witch trials that took place in her Scottish village.

The result is a story that can help broaden the understanding of people like Addie (or Greta Thunburg), whose differences can serve as their strengths.

Het resultaat is een boek over anders zijn, maar vooral een boek over dat anders zijn betekent dat je dan juist dingen kunt zien vonken. Ta niepozorna historia uświadamia, jak potrzebna jest nam różnorodność - przecież niesamowicie nudno byłoby, gdybyśmy wszyscy byli do siebie podobni. An accident in science class triggers a chain of events forcing Benji and Ro, who is new to the school, to interact and unintentionally learn each other’s secrets. Maybe they’ll realise that being autistic isn’t something to be shamed, it is something to be admired. Bardzo podoba mi się włączenie do tej opowieści czarownic i pokazanie jak społeczeństwo reaguje na odmienność.When she discovers what happened to women in her community who were believed to be witches in a bygone age, she is determined that a memorial will be made to recognise this. Especially those that think people on the autism spectrum are all alike; non-verbal, combative, and mentally inept.

Even though I feel stories deeply, and my heart lives and dies with the characters, I don’t usually cry. I really appreciated the own voices (from the author) perspective on autism and how it is viewed in the schools and through adulthood as well.When she isn't writing fiction, she works as an editor and in her spare time, makes colourful chokers for friends to wear. There is so much to learn and discuss here, and I hope this book finds its way into every classroom and every school.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop