The Lies She Told: A wickedly twisted psychological thriller that you cannot put down!

£9.9
FREE Shipping

The Lies She Told: A wickedly twisted psychological thriller that you cannot put down!

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Beyond the stylistic choices that make LIES SHE TOLD such an addictive read, Holahan has written a set of genuinely engaging and appealing characters: readers will love to watch the interplay of this sometimes-dramatic, sometimes-flawed, always-entertaining cast. There's something that feels made for TV about this read: it has a dash of sexual tension between characters and a whole lot of drama that could play out beautifully in a show like "How To Get Away With Murder." Readers should note that there is a quasi-romance element to this story, as Liza is herself writing a thriller with a romantic bent—personally, I'm not a romance reader, so this was the one piece of the story I didn't enjoy as much. But it's worth noting that this angle really is minimal—LIES SHE TOLD is first and foremost a twisty, suspenseful story of fact versus fiction. I went on a reading spree with this author over the weekend after reading The Cabin Below and batted about 50% in the like/don't like categories across the 4 I've read so far. I'm currently reading the 5th book. The concept of the book is great. I love trying to solve not only the mystery within the novel, but also determining how the two stories would eventually link together and which was fake. I enjoy seeing parallels between the two lead characters and their families. The emotional aspects of the characters are strong and offer readers an easy connection. You can understand the pain and feel the impact of the actions happening around them. It's full of suspense, some very descriptive scenes and lots of potential suspects and angles. RYAN WAS A GOOD FRIEND OF HER ABUSIVE HUSBAND - how can she not be suspicious when he turns up in the village she was sent to in Witness Protection.

I started this book thinking I'd dip in and out of it over a few days but ended up reading it into the night as I couldn't put it down! The characters were well-developed and there were only as many as were actually needed for the plot itself. Too many minor characters is one of my pet peeves when I'm reading a novel so I really enjoyed this aspect of the author's writing. This entire book kept me on the edge of my seat but also has some sweet moments between Carly and Hank and also so many sweet moments between Carly and Marco. I love them together. Marco is such a good man. Liza is a best-selling author struggling and under pressure to put out a follow-up novel. She seems to find her greatest success taking inspiration from real life. Including several unsuspecting friends and family around her. Now that same inspiration may be falling way too close to home.And as the story advances, boundaries blend, the lines between fiction and reality intertwine and blur. This was the most interesting and enjoyable part of the psychological thriller / suspense / mystery for me.

The author has two other books prior to this one. I might give them a chance, depending on the plot and setting. I've read another book in the last few years like this one, but I can't recall the title. It's not a common story where there is 1 real story and 1 fake story an author is writing, which makes it a different type of read. You're sure to be excited and thrilled at parts, but you will also be confused at some parts. If there’s one thing I like doing it’s discovering new authors. Catherine Yaffe is certainly a new author for me. Catherine’s debut novel is ‘The Lie She Told’ which was released on 27th September 2020. May I just say ‘The Lie She Told’ is a fantastic debut novel, which I thoroughly enjoyed but more about that in a bit. If you love Gripping Thrillers that have juicy twists, a dash of suspense and plenty of Tangled lies then I definitely recommend you grab a copy of The Lies She Told! From the author of the USA Today–bestselling novel The Widower’s Wife, comes an electrifying story of love and deceit, where the truth can be darker than fiction.

Readers looking for a suspense story that's just plain fun to read - a thriller that’s fast-paced, just a touch dramatic, and layered with a “book within a book” mystery - will love Cate Holahan’s LIES SHE TOLD. Readers looking for a dark or violent psychological thriller are better off looking elsewhere (try Karin Slaughter's THE GOOD DAUGHTER); Holahan’s forthcoming thriller isn’t intended to be this kind of read. LIES SHE TOLD is pure entertainment: twisty plotting, unreliable characters, and a deep-dive into the life of a thriller writer make for an addictive, binge-worthy psychological thriller. PLUS: Read My Interview with Cate Holahan Here!

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop