Welcome to Adulting: Navigating Faith, Friendship, Finances, and the Future

Welcome to Adulting: Navigating Faith, Friendship, Finances, and the Future

RRP: £11.99
Price: £5.995
£5.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Work may not be fun all the time, but you do it because it’s obedient and holy. Take time & be faithful to it- this will help you increase in skill, and you will be recognized for it! For now, you may want to consider some of these alternatives to college —there are lots of other options that can help you earn a good living and live a fulfilling life. Bob: —and our need for Him. I see a lot of people today who don’t understand the depth of their sin. Bob: I’m thinking about your book, Welcome to Adulting. To become a mature person, the faith aspect of life has got to be something you wrestle with and something you ultimately surrender to. Otherwise, you are still a child at some level; aren’t you? No matter how well life is wired together for you in every other area— Our article runs through the pros and cons of living by yourself, and also gives you advice on what to think about before you make the move.

On top of that, your social circle is likely to change. Through work and/or school, you’ll meet new people, start new romantic relationships, have new bosses and classmates… it can be quite overwhelming! I’ll admit to harboring mixed (some might say judgy) feelings about the phenomenon. I grew up—ahem, adulted—before this was a thing. Know how? I got older. As I did, new opportunities and responsibilities came my way and… I coped. Sometimes gracefully and with ease, and sometimes less so, via heartbreaking mistakes. Mercifully, my forays into new, adult terrains happened pre-social media, so failures were localized and successes taken in stride. Mostly, to my recollection, my transition to adulthood happened gradually and unceremoniously, save a few key milestones that called for popping the Champagne. Dave: It sounds like there must be a real need of young adults—and maybe, it’s not just young adults—needing to know how to grow up. Is that what you found out?—it’s like: “That’s what adulting is.” What in the world would draw that many people to what you’re having to say?FFAs will be able to invest your money for you, as conservatively or aggressively as you’d like, and are held to very high standards to ensure your investments hit certain benchmarks. They are fee based, rather than commission driven. I would like to share a quote that stood out to me while I read this book. As JP stated, "Experience is a hard teacher, and its main lesson is regret. Though it's never too late to change, it is also never too early. And far too often, the longer you wait, the more difficult change is." JP: —getting plugged into a community group changed my life. To the parents that are saying, “Hey”—anyone who feels right now—“Yes, my kid needs to grow up. They need to get this,”—the number one way kids will get this—even adult kids—is through examples. Owning your own car can certainly give you a sense of personal freedom—it may even be a necessity depending on where you live. Losing a car you depend on because it needs to go to the shop can be a real hassle, so it’s a good idea to learn the basics of car maintenance to keep things running smoothly—literally.

When you are living on your own, you may not have the luxury of calling someone to come over and fix a clogged drain or change a fuse right away. With a crushing amount of advice and information to assimilate on a daily basis, being a person—of any age—is harder now than it used to be. Those of us who have flexed to the new status quo incrementally may have the wherewithal to maintain perspective and the courage to let some things go. But today’s twenty-year-olds may rightly feel paralyzed trying to decipher what’s most important—what will make that critical difference in their careers and in their relationships, what will ensure their physical, emotional and financial well-being.

Growing in Faith

Bob: You had to have somebody step into your life, at some point in the midst of this, and kind of help guide you. I mean, I’m sure the sermons you were hearing on Sunday morning or whatever was causing you to think; but you had to connect with somebody, along the way, who was able to say, “Let me help walk you through this path”; didn’t you? In 2017, Cross Church was recognized by Outreach Magazine as one of America’s 100 Fastest Growing Churches, recognition that was also obtained in 2011 and 2013. Bob: JP is a pastor in Waco, Texas. Harris Creek is the church where he pastors. He is married; father of three kids. The bank account is where you’ll keep your money and pay bills from. It will control your budget. It’s the center of everything. I would hear people say things like, “You’ve got to have a relationship with Jesus.” I’m like, “They are just saying that”; you know? “That’s just something people say”; but then, when it happened in my life, it changed.

JP: Yes; you know, Jim Collins says, “The enemy of great is good—being good enough.” I think the enemy of having an authentic relationship with Jesus Christ is thinking that you do; you know? Having enough of something—like I said—I said my prayers at night. My entire life, I would go to church; my entire life, thinking, “That’s what it means to be a Christian.” Then it was redefined for me. JP: I didn’t for a while. I would sit there, and I would think. I wouldn’t leave the church; I would sit in the parking lot and just cry. I was just really emotional at this time for some reason. The Holy Spirit was doing a work. I would wrestle with, “What do I believe is true?” and feel guilty for, you know, my sins. Then, at some point in this journey, I would invite others. My friends started going with me: “Hey; you’ve got to come see this church”; you know?Much of your worry can be eliminated by resting in the knowledge that God is the one in control and He ALWAYS has your best interest at heart In ministry, Austin has helped launch and grow several ministry platforms, including The Porch Fort Worth, the largest weekly gathering of young adults in the nation, Watermark Fort Worth Church, the first satellite campus of Watermark Community Church, and Men’s Retreat, an annual weekend experience for men to be encouraged and grow in Biblical Manhood. Living with roommates can be fun if you find the right people, but there’s something to be said for living on your own as well. You can make the apartment truly your space, and you don’t have to worry about those little dramas that often crop up when two or more people are living together.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop