100 Endgames You Must Know: Vital Lessons for Every Chess Player

100 Endgames You Must Know: Vital Lessons for Every Chess Player

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The short answer is that this book will give you a comprehensive understanding of the chosen openings. Unlike many other books with a similar profile, it goes beyond pure theory and in addition to giving a great deal of practical advice, it touches on issues such as sample games, typical tactical strikes and, in the last chapter, endgames. On top of all this, a homework section enables you to immerse yourself in a given topic and achieve an in-depth understanding of it in your own time. Most of the patterns Jesus de la Villa presents in this new book are from the phase of the game just before a theoretical endgame turns up. Knowing these practical endgame fundamentals will enable you to fully reap the benefits of what you learned in De la Villa’s widely acclaimed classic 100 Endgames You Must Know. There’s not much to say about it – you just have to buy it and read it! De la Villa does a truly wonderful job of explaining useful endgames in a calm and measured manner that is clear enough for any strength of player to understand while still being interesting for stronger players. If you’ve never read an endgame book before, this is the one you should start with.” - GM Matthew Sadler As I already told this book is perfect for almost all chess players. Generally, this book is ideal for you if you are between 1000-2000. If you are above 1800 players and if you have already finished this book, then better go for Dvoretsky Endgame Manual. The exercises in each chapter are organized in increasing level or difficulty making this book suitable for the average player to players at master level. In the chapter with Solutions a reference to the relevant chapter in 100 Endgames You Must Know has been included. This makes it easy to restudy the theory again if you have difficulty with solving these practical exercises.

Jesus de la Villa (1958) is an International Grandmaster born in Spain. He is a successful author and a well-known chess coach. He has won the Spanish Championship twice. Most club players consider studying the endgame to be boring and have a clear weakness in their endgame play relative to their openings and middlegames. This increases the importance of endgame study because it is easier to increase the discrepancy between you and your peers by studying the endgame than by studying any other area of the game. The fact that players think in patterns has an important side-effect: their endgame errors tend to repeat themselves. That’s why De la Villa has not just included examples from games of elite GM’s but also of amateurs. Errors are always instructive and working with this book will seriously reduce the number of typical mistakes you are prone to make. The many practical exercises that De la Villa has selected will help you improve and retain what you have learned. In what way is this book special? How can it make someone a better player? These are perfectly legitimate questions and whenever I buy a new chess book, I essentially ask the same ones. The unique thing is the selection of puzzles. It is tough to find perfect chess puzzles, and Jesus De La Villa did an excellent job choosing 100 chess puzzles and test puzzles. The main unique thing about this book is if you do it properly, you don’t need to buy or study any other endgame book.Jesus de la Vila debunks the myth that endgame theory is complex and he teaches you to steer the game into a position you are familiar with. The best place to start your tactics training is in the endgame! Chess is 99% tactics – and if you want to win more games, nothing works better than training tactics. Win a piece or find a mate. That will get you results. At the beginning of every chapter is an overview of the opening, which serves to give the reader some basic foundations and highlights the general concepts, extracted from the analysis section. If the reader is in need of a brief summary of a particular opening, I suggest you focus on the overviews. This book aims to provide a complete overview of a 1.d4 repertoire against five main openings (King’s Indian Defense, Grünfeld Defense, Slav Defense, Benoni Defense, and Catalan systems after 1.d4 d5), offering analysis of classical games and typical tactical motifs to provide an in-depth understanding of the associated middlegames. A concluding chapter explores typical endgames that are likely to arise from 1.d4. Endgames You Must Know is written by GM Jesus De La Villa. This book is originally published by New in Chess which Play Magnus Group owns. This book becomes one of the bestselling chess endgame books within significantly less time.

Former Women World Champion Alexandra Kosteniuk] said she had really enjoyed De la Villa's '100 Endgames You Must Know' and had made flashcards out of the 100 positions. One side of the card had the position, the solution was written out on the reverse, and she quizzed herself until she knew all 100." Although, this book is not perfect in all aspects. Many endgame books cover more detailed analyses and positions than this book. These books include Silmon’s complete endgame course and Dvoretsky Endgame Manual. Silmon’s endgame book covers a lot of positions that sometimes are not necessary for players to learn. Dvoretsky’s book is too high for beginners and sometimes even professional chess players. What Is A Unique Thing In This Book? The next stage consisted of my own engine analysis, using the Chessbase Engine Cloud to examine critical but unexplored positions. Finally, I engage as critically as possible with the existing literature, as I hope others will do with my work in the future.I hope that this example convinced you that this endgame book is about much more than endgame technique. It learns you to calculate a variation tree and consider opponents moves. It will develop your visualization skills and give you a better feeling for the pieces and their coordination.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop