WORX Cordless Lawn Mower with 2 x 20 V Batteries, 34cm, WG779E.2

WORX Cordless Lawn Mower with 2 x 20 V Batteries, 34cm, WG779E.2

RRP: £73.99
Price: £36.995
£36.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

For example, the 20mm setting is one of the lowest settings on any mower, meaning an incredibly close cut to the lawn. While it is recommended to use this setting all the time, people that mow frequently during peak growing season can use this setting to produce a neat and tidy cut close to the ground, like on an ornamental lawn.

For instance, if you buy this mower and then decide you need a hedge trimmer, you can buy a compatible WORX tool without the battery to save some cash. If you buy this tool with a battery, you can use it to further increase the runtime on your mower. Cutting Width If you’re conscious about how eco-friendly your tools are then you’ll be pleased to discover that this product gives off zero emissions and even better, its ultra-quiet function means that noise pollution is kept to a minimum too. But what can we expect from this product? Is it worth the money and will it perform as well as we would expect? Let’s take a look. Main Features At 34cm the steel cutting blade is suitable for small and medium lawns, although we think it works best in smaller areas up to 200m2. The blade is premium quality steel that is razor sharp, producing a pristine cut that leaves the grass looking good while encouraging healthy regrowth. One of the most notable things about the power system here is that the rechargeable batteries are power shareable, so if you’ve got other WORX tools in the shed, you’ve now got two spare batteries.Also, there is absolute convenience working with this machine because you won’t be struggling with a heavy mower. It is environmental-friendly, quieter, and safer with low maintenance costs. With a properly-positioned large central handle, you won’t have issues carrying this 13kg lawnmower to the shed or garage. Safety Features Furthermore, the addition of the carry handle means that moving the mower from one end of the garden to the other is effortless. I had to look hard to find faults with this lawn mower, so I would definitely recommend buying the Worx WG779E and this is why I have given it five stars. The battery life is great and it has more than enough power for the job. When you consider its size and price point, that is no mean feat. Electric mowers tend to be very easy to use and the Worx WG779E is no different, with its simple two-button start. There is a 'key' you have to place and press before pressing the lever for operation. Families will appreciate this safety feature and it makes it near impossible to start the mower unintentionally. The Worx WG779E.2 comes with a dual charger and two 20V batteries. Depending on where you buy it, these batteries will be either 2.0Ah or 4.0Ah and we were supplied with the 4.0Ah battery pair. Both will result in the same power, but the 4.0Ah battery will mean you can work at high power for longer.

As someone who has tested and reviewed many different lawn mowers, I was eager to get the WORX WG779E.2 cordless mower out on the lawn. This is one of the top-selling cordless models in the UK, but I wanted to see for myself just how well it performed. You will like the lightweight of this machine, and that is why you can manoeuvre it on your lawn without much stress. It comes with foldable handles, which make its storage a piece of cake. You only need to fold it and keep it in that small storage space in your garden. After giving the WORX WG779E.2 cordless lawn mower a thorough testing on my lawn, I’m well impressed with its performance. This mower is lightweight yet robust, making it a breeze to manoeuvre around landscaping and use for the full mowing session. Its build quality feels rather sturdy for the price point.

Flymo PowerVac 3000 Review: Zero Hot Air

The consensus among other reviewers is that this is a great mower for the price, comparing well with much more expensive cordless models and not significantly more than corded or petrol mowers either. Gardeners World also granted it a Best Buy badge. The WORX WG743E.1 is an excellent option if you’re looking for a diverse lawn mower, and this is all thanks to the variable height adjustments that it offers. The great thing about these mowers is that you can set out to work at any time you want without it disturbing your family or your neighbours, and with zero emissions it looks after the environment as well. I was able to keep the mower, meaning I have now been using it regularly for nearly three years. This allowed me to not just get a view on it out of the box, but also over time, seeing how durable its parts are and how the battery fares.

To maximize battery run time, set the mower to eco mode. This should give you an average of 45 minutes of battery life. This WORX WG779E.2 review is not complete if we don’t mention its cutting diameter. The cutting diameter of this machine stands at 34 centimetres, making it ideal for lawns with medium size. That is why it is perfect for cutting narrow strips in your garden. Grass Box The height settings are really easy to change using a lever on the side. I find it best to start off on a higher setting as a precut, then work down a few notches to my desired height. This prevents the mower from jamming and cutting out, which it will do if the grass is too long or wet. This is very rare though and often switching up to turbo mode gives it enough oomph to cope with light overgrowth. The blades on this model offer a generous 40cm cutting width which means that your efficiency is going to be handsomely improved, this is especially important on larger lawned areas or those that require a little more attention after winter, for example. The WG779E.2 is equipped with one 34cm wheeled metal mower blade that gives them two very effective benefits…

This item is sold and dispatched by a Range Plus Partner

You wouldn’t expect a modern lawn mower to be without a mulching mode and the WORX WG734E.1 doesn’t disappoint. It features a handy mulching mode that can be easily activated leaving you with perfect mulch for your garden every time. For example, the easy-start feature is far more preferable to the pulling/recoil method of the petrol lawn mower which, if you’ve ever used you will know, can be a nightmare and often painful to start. The easy-on safety switch works like a charm. WORX WG743E.1 User Manual

With the batteries in all you need to do is attach the grass box and insert the safety key – a handy feature to prevent kids from taking the mower for a spin. Then press the bar on the handle to operate. Like many cordless lawn mowers, the WORX WG779E.2 is powered by two Lithium-ion batteries (40V in total) and electrical motor which will charge in around 2 hours. The batteries are removed from the mower for charging and storage.

Tips for Worx WG779

What I really like about the WORX WG779E.2 is the addition of a removable safety key that disables the lawn mower to help prevent accidental starting. This is a nice feature not found on similar cordless mowers that gives peace of mind around children. The key has a cord that is attached to the handle so making it almost impossible to misplace. As mentioned before, you can use Turbo or Eco modes to cut your lawn. I have used both and find the Eco mode is sufficient for regular summer cuts. I think I might need Turbo for the first cut after winter and would use it for cutting meadow-like lawns. Having not tested this mower on wet grass, I can't say how it performs, but based on the first mow (of a rather unruly lawn) I don't think it will struggle too much.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop