Renaissance

Renaissance

RRP: £11.97
Price: £5.985
£5.985 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Accompanying to the dedication is a rare photo of Beyoncé with her children, Rumi, Sir and Blue and an old photo of her with her Uncle Jonny.

Renaissance Album Review - Vulture Beyoncé Renaissance Album Review - Vulture

A closing anthem that I basically clapped along to while sat listening to this album on my own. A cool image, I know. It’s a tune. Her vocals are insane, and it samples the one and only Donna Summer’s I Feel Love. Need I say more?The album has already reached number one on US iTunes and is in the top 100 of Apple Music in more than 100 countries around the world. Beyoncé’s vocal production and performance is on a wholeeeeeee different level now. That was unreal.— Kevin McHale (@druidDUDE) July 29, 2022 Creating this album allowed me a place to dream and to find escape during a scary time for the world. It allowed me to feel free and adventurous in a time when little else was moving. Following in the footsteps of her critically acclaimed Lemonade, the new Beyoncé album sees her once again pushing the boundaries of musical mastery.

Renaissance Album Review | Pitchfork Beyoncé: Renaissance Album Review | Pitchfork

This one wasn’t my favourite, but in all honesty, by this point in the album I was so hyped up, I didn’t even care. To match the running theme of this album, it made me want to dance. I basically danced around my bedroom to every song. In the post revealing the Renaissance art, Bey gave some insight on her intention while creating her upcoming album. “Creating this album allowed me a place to dream and to find escape during a scary time for the world,” she wrote. “It allowed me to feel free and adventurous in a time when little else was moving.” Iconically, Renaissance is the first of a three act project – meaning we’re just at the beginning of a glorious Beyoncé era. Beyoncé posted a special message thanking fans for not listening to the leak, saying: “I can’t thank you enough for your love and protection. I appreciate you for calling out anyone that was trying to sneak into the club early. It means the world to me.” Ever since Beyoncé released Renaissance, we've been desperate to glean the music videos Beyoncé would grace us with. That feeling you get, waiting for the release of a new Beyoncé album or music video is, in my mind, like being an expectant parent awaiting the birth of your child: What will it look like? What will its first words be? What if I don’t like it? I’m supposed to love it. What if it’s nothing like I expect?There are soft moments here, too: “I know you can’t help but to be yourself around me,” she coos on “PLASTIC OFF THE SOFA”, the kind of warm, whispers-in-the-ear love song you’d expect to hear at a summer cookout—complete with an intricate interplay between vocals and guitar that gives Beyoncé a chance to showcase some incredible vocal dexterity. “CHURCH GIRL” fuses R&B, gospel and hip-hop to tell a survivor’s story: “I'm finally on the other side/I finally found the extra smiles/Swimming through the oceans of tears we cried.” There are soft moments here, too: “I know you can’t help but to be yourself around me,” she coos on “PLASTIC OFF THE SOFA,” the kind of warm, whispers-in-the-ear love song you’d expect to hear at a summer cookout—complete with an intricate interplay between vocals and guitar that gives Beyoncé a chance to showcase some incredible vocal dexterity. “CHURCH GIRL” fuses R&B, gospel, and hip-hop to tell a survivor’s story: “I'm finally on the other side/I finally found the extra smiles/Swimming through the oceans of tears we cried.” I want to give a special thank you to Rumi, Sir and Blue, “ she continued, “for allowing me the space, creativity and inspiration and a special thanks to me beautiful husband and muse who held me down during those late nights in the studio. Renaissance is dance-inspired, pulling from ‘70s disco-funk, soul, ‘90s R&B, House, Afrohouse and more. It even ends with a stunning Donna Summer interpolation for good measure. Thank you to all of the pioneers who originate culture, to all of the fallen angels whose contributions have gone unrecognised for far too long. This is a celebration for you.”

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop