Battle Royale Limited Edition [4K Ultra-HD] [Blu-ray]

Battle Royale Limited Edition [4K Ultra-HD] [Blu-ray]

RRP: £63.99
Price: £31.995
£31.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

This is essentially a reference-grade image, not a perfect presentation but as close to one as is possible for this film. ULTRA HD LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS - Brand new 4K restoration of the Original Theatrical Version and Special Edition Director’s Cut of Battle Royale from the original camera negative by Arrow Films, approved by Kenta Fukasaku - 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation of both versions of Battle Royale in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible) - High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the Battle Royale II: Requiem theatrical cut and the Battle Royale II: Revenge extended cut - Original 5. Preciosa edición para coleccionar aunque si eres hispanohablante ten presente que no hay opciones de audio o subtítulos en castellano, pues es edición francesa. Now, I’m getting further and further away from its target demographic, the story doesn’t affect me as viscerally, while the satire seems less insightful in a world where Battle Royale seems more prescient than polemic. This Blu-ray release finally presents the film in high definition the way it deserves to be, with Arrow giving the film the kind of restoration that modern boutique labels are apt to do, with niche foreign cinema.

It’s difficult to imagine anyone other than Kenta Fukasaku thinking that Requiem was too short, but one supposes he can’t be faulted for trying to improve on the film. The first film gets a new audio commentary from film critics Tom Mes and Jasper Sharpe, who are able to offer a lot of insights that are unique to these kind of retrospective commentaries from film critics and historians.Presenting an alternate dystopian vision of turn-of-the-millennium Japan, Battle Royale follows the 42 junior high school students selected to take part in the government’s annual Battle Royale programme, established as an extreme method of addressing concerns about juvenile delinquency. The good news is that it is proper HD, a fairly decent transfer with good detail and with no signs of compression. The Act sets forth a plan whereby a class will be chosen at random and flown to a remote island, where each student will then be given a weapon and set loose to fight their classmates, each student knowing that only one of their number will be allowed to leave the island alive. But I make them this way because I don’t believe anyone would ever love or trust the films I make, any other way. There’s also an abundance of poor-quality CG effects—some of which have been improved in the Revenge cut, but not enough to make a real difference.

When I reviewed the DVD Limited Edition of Battle Royale, I was really impressed with the quality of the presentation, especially given the improvement over the first UK DVD releases. Kinji Fukasaku (深作 欣二), born in Mito, Japan in 1930, is known for his work on a number of action/yakuza themed films throughout this career. Despite the harsh brutality that ensues (for instance, some students decide it’s better to off themselves rather than participate), Fukasaku handles the issue well by not allowing their plight to feel overly cruel or distasteful.

org, one of the premier destinations on the web to discuss DVD releases from The Criterion Collection, Masters of Cinema, and other DVD production companies from around the world. everything we’d been taught in school, about how Japan was fighting the war to win world peace, was a pack of lies. Every player is fitted with an explosive collar around their neck, imposing a strict three-day time limit on the deadly games in which there can only be one survivor.

Compared to the first film in this collection, it is lacking, a little soft and with unimpressive contrast, with darker shades tending more to grey-blues rather than genuine blacks. It is better than the DVD release, although the aspect ratio does suggest that there has been some degree of cropping (or open matte). And the film’s ending is extended, featuring three flashback “Requiems” that serve as a final grace note for story points we’ve seen earlier.It’s the music of Battle Royale that really impresses, with an amazing original score, while making evocative use of classical music. Based upon the book by Koushun Takami, the story has been adapted to manga, western comics, and the big screen.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop