ESV Study Bible

ESV Study Bible

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

h In those days i John the Baptist came preaching in j the wilderness of Judea , 2 k “ Repent , for l the kingdom of heaven is at hand . ” 1 3 For this is he who was spoken of by the prophet Isaiah when he said , Now John wore o a garment of camel’s hair and a leather belt around his waist , and his food was p locusts and q wild honey . 5 Then Jerusalem and all Judea and all the region about the Jordan were going out to him , 6 and they were baptized by him in the river Jordan , r confessing their sins . And after the deportation to Babylon : p Jechoniah was the father of q Shealtiel , 4 and r Shealtiel the father of Zerubbabel , 13 and Zerubbabel the father of Abiud , and Abiud the father of Eliakim , and Eliakim the father of Azor , 14 and Azor the father of Zadok , and Zadok the father of Achim , and Achim the father of Eliud , 15 and Eliud the father of Eleazar , and Eleazar the father of Matthan , and Matthan the father of Jacob , 16 and Jacob the father of s Joseph the husband of Mary , of whom Jesus was born , who is called Christ .

And j David was the father of Solomon by k the wife of Uriah , 7 and l Solomon the father of Rehoboam , and Rehoboam the father of Abijah , and Abijah the father of Asaph , 2 8 and Asaph the father of Jehoshaphat , and Jehoshaphat the father of Joram , m and Joram the father of Uzziah , 9 and Uzziah the father of Jotham , and Jotham the father of Ahaz , and Ahaz the father of Hezekiah , 10 and Hezekiah the father of Manasseh , and Manasseh the father of Amos , 3 and Amos the father of Josiah , 11 and n Josiah the father of o Jechoniah and his brothers , at the time of the deportation to Babylon . g “ Your words have been hard against me , says the L ord . h But you say , ‘ How have we spoken against you ? ’ 14 You have said , i ‘ It is vain to serve God . j What is the profit of our keeping his charge or of walking as in mourning before the L ord of hosts ? 15 And now we call k the arrogant blessed . k Evildoers not only prosper but l they put God to the test and they escape . ’ ” The Book of Remembrance g “ Behold , I send h my messenger , and i he will prepare the way before me . And the Lord j whom you seek will suddenly come to his temple ; and k the messenger of the covenant in whom you delight , behold , he is coming , says the L ord of hosts . 2 But l who can endure the day of his coming , and who can stand when he appears ? For m he is like a refiner’s fire and like fullers’ soap . 3 He will sit n as a refiner and purifier of silver , and he will purify the sons of Levi and refine them like gold and silver , and they will bring o offerings in righteousness to the L ord . 1 4 p Then the offering of Judah and Jerusalem will be pleasing to the L ord as in the days of old and as in former years .

Versions

which means , God f with us ) . 24 When Joseph woke from sleep , he did as the angel of the Lord commanded him : he took his wife , 25 but knew her not until she had given birth to a son . And g he called his name Jesus . The Visit of the Wise Men The ESV is a dream come true for me. The rightful heir to a great line of historic translations, it provides the continuity and modern accuracy I longed for. Now the scope and theological faithfulness of the ESV Study Bible study notes is breathtaking. Oh how precious is the written Word of God." The Bible is the authority on what is right and what is wrong. If you don’t take the time to study the Bible, you won’t know the difference between the two. Lines will become blurred and you will find yourself compromising God’s Truth. Listen. Stream multiple free audio recordings of the whole Bible, including a brand-new reading from award-winning singer and songwriter Kristyn Getty (internet connection required).

Permission requests for use within the UK and EU that exceed the above guidelines must be directed to HarperCollins Religious, 77-85 Fulham Palace Road, HammerSmith, London W6 8JB, England. Deciding what ESV study Bible you want is a very important decision. Everyone learns at different levels. One person may prefer more detailed maps while another person may want an in-depth commentary.

ESV English Standard Version

A study Bible differs from a regular Bible. Study Bibles contain a commentary that helps you research Bible verses as you read them. Theyalso feature an introduction to each book of the Bible so you can get a better understanding of who wrote the book and what time it took place. Quality Production:All editionsfeature a smyth-sewn binding, with TruTone and leather editions featuring additional ribbon markers, gilding,and a lifetime guarantee The ESV Study Biblewas designed to help you understand the Bible in a deeper way. Created by a diverse team of 95 leading Bible scholars and teachers—from 9 countries, nearly 20 denominations, and 50 seminaries, colleges, and universities—the ESV Study Biblefeatures a wide array of study tools, including extensive study notes, 200 full-color maps, 40 full-color illustrations, charts, timelines, articles, and introductions, making it a valuable resource for serious readers, students, and teachers of God’s Word. d “ Behold , I will send you e Elijah the prophet f before the great and awesome day of the L ord comes . 6 And he will g turn the hearts of fathers to their children and the hearts of children to their fathers , lest I come and h strike the land with a decree of utter destruction . ” 2 Matthew The Genealogy of Jesus Christ

The ESV Bible app was designed to be the most beautiful and intuitive Bible app available. The app includes free resources such as multiple audio Bibles, interactive reading plans, and free access to the full ESV Global Study Bible. b “ Remember c the law of my servant Moses , the statutes and rules 1 that I commanded him at Horeb for all Israel .

Free Reading Plans. Make Scripture reading a habit with dozens of Bible reading plans featuring content from well-known Bible teachers such as Jen Wilkin, Paul Tripp, Charles Spurgeon, Nancy Guthrie, Kevin DeYoung, Gloria Furman, and more. New reading plans are added every month. It was produced by evangelical scholars looking to produce a modern, readable, literal and accurate translation, yet one that stands in the tradition of the King James Version of 1611 (also know as the Authorised Version). It is a new edition of the Bible, first printed in 2001 byCrossway Bibles and revised recently in 2011. It is also a revision of the 1971 edition of the Revised Standard Version (RSV). The ESV Study Bible is an invaluable and inexhaustible resource—for those who already know and treasure God’s Word, as well as for the new generation of Bible students who have yet to discover the wonder and wealth of Scripture. I especially love the way the notes and articles highlight the great redemptive story and ‘connect the dots’ between the various portions and themes of Scripture. Full of rich insight, scholarly yet accessible—I am deeply grateful for this magnificent work."

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop