Play-Doh Sparkle Compound Collection

Play-Doh Sparkle Compound Collection

RRP: £16.99
Price: £8.495
£8.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Playdough sensory play ideas are limited only to your child’s imagination, with so many cool things to make with playdough. We included some cookie cutters / playdough cutters, although the dough doesn’t hold it’s shape so well after being shaped with a cutter the kids enjoyed plunging the cutter into the dough and playing around with them. I am excited to share our favorite homemade playdough recipe. My favorite part is that this recipe doesn’t use much salt. Meaning, this dough does not leave your hands feeling all dry and coated like a play dough traditional recipe. It is moist and feels very similar to a store bought Play Doh which I love. Most recipes have double or triple the salt, so I was surprised when I discovered that it was unnecessary. I hope you enjoy our Glittery Rainbow Playdough Recipe (recipe at the end of the post). We also have more slime recipes that you can turn into an amazing Galaxy Slime, we have slime recipes with boraxand without borax – both work and are super fun to make.

And if you happen to get the ingredient ratio a little wrong, don’t worry. It is easy to learn how to make slime out of playdough. If you used the 2 ingredient play dough like us, it simple turns into 2 ingredient slime with a little mixing of the cornstarch and conditioner ratio. I acquired these vintage tins a while ago and I am completely in love. Although I only just recently discovered that they are the perfect size for pretend play. We are excited to have a few added to our play dough bin. Now on to our glittery rainbow play recipe! Playdough is a great creative play activity for toddlers and preschoolers, but just as much fun for bigger kids too!Both recipes are super simple and show you how to make playdough without salt. Also a great solution if you are looking for a uncooked playdough recipe. To make your dough, first combine all the dry ingredients in a saucepan off the heat, then add the liquid ingredients and stir. In fact, for many years, we didn’t even have any play-dough in our house because I figured the mess would probably make me crazy. But Sonia and Zoe got some cans of Play-Doh as a gift a year or two ago, and since they’re not preschoolers anymore, the mess hasn’t been that bad. You can add sprinkles to the cooking dough, but my kids love to add them later. Both methods work great. Although my kids love pouring and mixing the glitter on their own. I am sure by letting my kids do it, we end up using more glitter but I also know that they love doing it. It is a messy dough and will get on to your child’s hands. If they are tactile defensive then they may not like this type of playdough but its great for those who do seek extra sensory input and although it gets onto the hands it does not stain the hands with colour at all and is easily washed off.

The recipe I followed said this would take two minutes, but ours took a lot longer than that…maybe more like 10 minutes. Perhaps the other blogger has a gas stove, which would mean her burner would get warm faster than mine. In a medium saucepan, off the heat, combine the salt, flour, and cream of tartar. Stir in water and vegetable oil.This recipe makes about four commercial containers worth of play dough. Tips for making this play dough For our Galaxy Playdough we decided to use our soft play doh recipe as we had all the ingredients at home and with only 2 ingredients it is such an easy play dough recipe. Add 1-2 drops of your food colouring. If your colour is too light, add 1-2 more drops until you get the desired colour. With so many playdough recipe for kids it can be hard to decide which is the best homemade playdough. The ingredients for play-dough are very basic…vegetable oil, cream of tartar, salt, flour, and water.

Step Four: mix the ingredients together to form a dough and you are ready to play. Play dough problems: solved Store your playdough in airtight containers or plastic ziploc bags for later use. We have found that our playdough can last up to a couple months if stored properly. If the playdough begins to dry out slightly you can add a touch of canola oil to your hands to mix and help smooth out.I used the Lava Blast colour, which is red but can become pink if you dilute it more so if you want it to stay red just be aware of that! How to make your sparkly gel dough To make the dough a little firmer and more easily able to handle, we added about 3 spoons of cornflour. You need to mix this in very well – take your time with it.

If the dough is stored properly, it will last up to 6 months. Store the dough in a plastic Ziploc bag and remove as much air as possible. This will help to prevent the dough from drying out. To make the rainbows, the kids piled graduating circles on top of each other. They then cut the circles in half, producing adorable half circles or rainbows. The kids were totally amazed by this simple discovery. They had no idea that if you cut a circle in half, you would create a rainbow shape. I love looking like a genius, since all too soon they will realize that they are smarter than me. I am soaking up being amazing (in my kids eyes) while I still can.

You can use trial and error until you get the right consistency, if you add it slowly and keep observing and mixing as you add, then it should come out fine. tablespoons cream of tartar (I bought mine from a bulk bin at the organic store, but you can buy it at most grocery stores) My kids love playdough and while we love the smell of store bought playdough, we usually prefer to make our own. From our Easter Carrot Playdough to our Grinch Playdough, this sparkly galaxy playdough has been added to our collection of fun modeling play. We found this idea over at The Kids Activities Blog, which is filled with fun activities for your kids! We decided we wanted to use our favorite playdough recipe to recreate this out of this world playdough. And these easy playdough recipes are sure to inspire your kids with all the cool things to make with playdough! Playdough Activities: Things to Make & Ways To Play

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop