Soulmates

Soulmates

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Thanks to Sally Hepworth, St Martin's Press, Macmillan Audio and NetGalley for the ARC and audio copy. I am voluntarily leaving my honest review* Once the identity of the deceased is released, Pippa realizes the woman is the wife of Gabe's former boss, Max, and things escalate from there. I can't go into detail, but there was one aspect of the story that I was bracing myself for a cliche, offensive tangent, and color me surprised when the author handled it with a responsible manner that did not perpetuate stereotypes. Secrets, betrayals, and twists galore, it is quite an exciting read. Gabe and Pippa live in a cottage on a cliff. There are great views, but the cliff is known as the spot "The Drop" where people come to end their lives. Gabe has gone out and convinced people not to jump until one day he doesn't. Gabe tells the authorities that the woman informed him that she was distraught over her husband's infidelity. Her death is ruled a suicide but the police keep asking Gabe and the woman's husband questions. When Pippa learns that Gabe knew the victim and did not disclose it, Pippa wants to learn the truth about what happened, why the woman was on the cliff and why her husband lied. Holly Bourne is a bright rising star in British YA… you won’t want to miss this extraordinary debut!” - Jess Loves Books

Soulmates Quotes (944 quotes) - Goodreads Soulmates Quotes (944 quotes) - Goodreads

I'm not giving anything away! One thing leads to another. "I'm going to fix it.", I may have shouted, "Noooo".....Si bien es cierto que las almas gemelas son un estereotipo como otros muuuchos que hay en la literatura juvenil, también es cierto que me encanta el tema y que todas las novelas que traten este tópico pueden pasar por mí que las leeré encantada. He leído muchas novelas sobre almas gemelas y probablemente por eso últimamente soy más dura con el género. Pero esta novela me ha encantado, con todas las letras. Por qué las escritoras siempre escriben que el CABELLO SUDOROSO es sexy??? AHHH?, es ASQUEROSO!!! más aún cuando les gotea porque tocaron en un bar lleno de humo y cerveza...Puaj! Um fim agridoce, mas que era o único possível - o amor é tudo e somos melhores por termos amor nas nossas vidas, por termos amado.

Soulmate (and Why Most People Get it Wrong) What is a Soulmate (and Why Most People Get it Wrong)

A menos de la mitad del libro ya estaba deseando que pasase algo, y seguí leyendo con la esperanza (lo leí del tirón hasta el final para acabar ya) . Se me hizo un libro tedioso. The Soulmate was another terrific domestic suspense novel from Sally Hepworth. I am on pins and needles waiting for more from this very talented author. The day came when Gabe was unable to prevent a jump. Pippa witnessed the event through their kitchen window and begins to question what she saw. People say that when you fall in love you can do anything and creating thunderstorms and snow is not one of the things that should be able to do.The prose was written in a simplistic and dumbed down fashion with short chapters that gave you a development from two women. One alive and one dead and their relationships with their respective soul mates in now and then fashion. Each chapter presents a piece of the puzzle to keep the story going in a very cheap and lazy fashion. The psychologies are inconsistent and labile and vacuous. The misdiagnosis is abysmal....a first year psychiatric nurse would have done a better job...hell a sixteen year old would have done better with their high school psychology text...hell a women's magazine quiz....you get the picture. It suddenly made sense. Only twice in his life had he felt this inexplicable, almost mystical attraction to a woman. He’d thought it remarkable, to have found two, when in his heart he’d always believed there was only one perfect woman out there for him. The Soulmate starts off with a married couple, Gabe and Pippa, who have moved to a house atop a cliff. It is a hazardous spot where the mentally ill are known to take their lives. Since moving to the house, Gabe meets each potential jumper and talks him or her away from the ledge. This time, a woman falls from the cliff. Only Gabe knew this woman. Did she really jump or was she pushed? And what other secrets will be revealed? In this story we mainly follow Gabe and Pippa, a married couple with a beautiful cliffside home. Unfortunately, that cliffside sometimes attracts people with unsavory intentions. I finally got the book and the moment it was on my Kindle, I started reading. My opening impression was pretty good - the writing was easy to read, some characters were witty, some infuriating, most of 'em likeable and quite well written, the plot was flowing.

Soulmates- Book 1 - Vex - Wattpad Soulmates- Book 1 - Vex - Wattpad

ABOUT 'THE SOULMATE': Before the woman went over the cliff, Pippa and Gabe were happy. They have the kind of marriage that everyone envies, as well as two sweet young daughters, a supportive family, and a picturesque cliff-side home - which would have been idyllic had the tall beachside cliffs not become so popular among those wishing to end their lives. In The Soulmate, Sally Hepworth explores the (mis)perceptions of a perfect marriage. What those see on the outside isn't so perfect behind closed doors. I would absolutely recommend Hepworth's work to anyone who enjoys twisted Domestic Dramas with enough scandals, lies and secrets to keep your head spinning. Inspired by what she saw, she started writing teen fiction, including the best-selling, award-winning ‘Spinster Club’ series which helps educate teenagers about feminism. When she turned thirty, Holly wrote her first adult novel, 'How Do You Like Me Now?', examining the intensified pressures on women once they hit that landmark.

Por eso mismo me ha gustado tanto Dos almas, porque no trata de una historia de amor de película que surge sin motivo, sino que tiene una razón y que se va dando poco a poco para que el lector pueda adaptarse a ella. Many thanks to NetGalley and St. Martin’s Press for sharing this AMAZING digital reviewer copy with me in exchange my honest opinions. It affected me more than I expected! This is great psychological thriller but also heart wrenching romance The story is told through the alternating points of view of Pippa and Amanda, both before and after Amanda’s death. This worked quite well, as it allows a slow reveal of the facts to the reader. Secrets and lies come home to roost with devastating consequences. This is nothing new in domestic thrillers, but the author has a fresh spin on the genre.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop