Running Wild

Running Wild

RRP: £6.99
Price: £3.495
£3.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

This Michael Morpurgo ( war horse and other stories) resources ks2 reading comprehension is designed to prepare students for their KS2 SATs English exam. The war horse resources ks2 fact file is presented in the same way as the reading material which students will encounter in their SATs exams. From the author of the bestselling tale The Girl of Ink & Stars comes a beautiful new adventure about finding your way home. The first paragraph in the Charity section begins 'Ten years later...set-up the charity for City Children'. The paragraph before this ends with Michael writing his first book in 1974, which then implies that the Charity was set up in 1984. However, the Charity was set up in 1976, which was ten years after he had started teaching. It might be better to start that paragraph 'Ten years after he had started teaching...'

A brilliantly evocative portrait of modern life featuring an engaging heroine, Floos, from the mega bestselling Jacqueline Wilson.The approachable manner in which this is achieved, through the eyes of nine year old Will, make it a truly remarkable read. Beautifully told and illustrated likewise, it is an absolute pleasure to read. Michael's books have been translated into many languages including Chinese, Bulgarian and Hungarian, Hebrew and Japanese. He travels all over the UK and abroad talking to people of all ages at literary festivals, telling his stories and encouraging them to tell theirs. A fantastic new adventure for brave, feisty Hetty Feather - one of Jacqueline Wilson's most well-loved characters. This is a great resource about a great man and our year 6 very much enjoyed learning about Michael Morpurgo. We did notice, however, a few mistakes in the two star text and thought you might like to know about them. I think this is a very touching book. It is about a boy who loses his mother in a tsunami and his only friend is an elephant that takes him to the forest where he learns to follow the rules of the jungle.

The last suggestion relates to the answer sheet for the questions. The model answer for question 7 suggests using the word 'significant' from the glossary. However, that word isn't used in the glossary for the two star text. Running Wild by Michael Morpurgo starts with a boy, Will Robert, riding an elephant along a beach, whilst on holiday in Indonesia. Will is grieving for his father, Robert, who died in the Iraq War. The elephant, Oona, is in an odd mood that day: her handler mentions that she refused to go into the sea for her usual morning dip. Suddenly, Oona charges off with Will clinging on for dear life. As they ascend a hill, Will witnesses the Boxing Day tsunami obliterating the beach where he had been moments earlier. Will is very sad. Will's survival from day to day provides ample excitement and adventure, but behind lies the question of whether and how he will return to England and his grandparents. This is, in a way, a love story; Will's relationships with Oona and the orang-utans are too significant to be left behind. And to begin with, it seems to be just what they both needed. But then Oona, the elephant Will is riding on the beach, begins acting strangely, shying away from the sea. And that's when the tsunami comes crashing in, and Oona begins to run. Except that when the tsunami is gone, Oona just keeps on running. This book was recommended in class by a friend, She said she found the book emotional but said the start was uninteresting. I completely agree with both opinions, the start of the book was uninteresting as there was no action because all the characters were being introduced. However, Will's survival adds adventure and excitement to the book and the bond that Will creates with Oona is heart melting. Although it was quite sad I really enjoyed the thrill and mix of emotions in this book.

I always thought if I were ever going to have an animal for a best friend it would be a unicorn. That’s until I was introduced to Oona. The world’s most devoted, caring and intelligent Elephant, and the best friend Will could ask for. PSHE: Sections of the book could provide for good discussion topics- requiring pupils to deduct deeper meanings behind Wills feelings and relate this to their own experiences. Pupils can then share and discuss with peers. been like that. It’s what soldiers have to do.” “I know that, Mum. Dad told me,” I said. “But what was the war for?” She didn’t answer me. It's relatable because when I first heard of the Japanese tsunami in 2011 I saw footage of it and to live through those kind of events it's horrible to see everything be washed away from you.

Hello Yellow - 80 Books to Help Children Nurture Good Mental Health and Support With Anxiety and Wellbeing - This novel made me laugh and cry from start to finish. I was truly captivated and unable to put it down. The approachable manner in which this is achieved, through the eyes of nine-year-old Will means this book, although will have differing effects on each audience member, is accessible for KS2 pupils and above. For more information about the work of Farms for City Children, please visit www.farmsforcitychildren.orgRunning Wild by Michael Morpurgo | Book review Books | The Guardian". theguardian.com . Retrieved 13 July 2014. And to begin with, it seems to be just what they both needed. But then Oona, the elephant Will is riding on the beach, begins acting strangely, shying away from the sea. And that’s when the tsunami comes crashing in, and Oona begins to run. Except that when the tsunami is gone, Oona just keeps on running. Running Wild by Michael Morpurgo Is a book about a boy named Will. Will has lost his father and is still recovering, to escape from all the sadness Will and his mom take a trip to Indonesia. The elephant, Oona, Will was riding starts moving away from the beach as if she was scared. Faster than Will is able to realize a tsunami comes crashing in and Oona begins to run towards the jungle. This book is a story about how Will has to survive in the jungle with nothing but his companion, Oona. The story is told in the first person, and readers who notice that Will has an improbable degree of self-awareness for a nine-year-old ("From now on I would remember only the marvellous times, the magical moments that I knew would lift my spirits, that would banish all grieving") and precocious powers of expression ("Whatever it was had transformed her from a ponderous creature of supreme gentleness and serenity, into a wild beast, maddened by terror") will find an explanation in the short postscript.

Morpurgo added: “Storymakers and storytellers like Barrie, and like all the previous winners of this award, have given us the hope and faith children need, we need, to keep flying, have sustained us through dark and troubled times, have banished doubt. To touch the lives of children, to witness their listening and reading silence, is reward enough in itself. This is simply the icing on the cake.” Running Wild is a children's novel by Michael Morpurgo first published in 2009. It recounts the adventures of a boy who has to survive in the Indonesian jungle after being rescued from a tsunami by an elephant. [1] Plot summary [ edit ] Discover the beautiful stories of Michael Morpurgo, author of Warhorse and the nation’s favourite storyteller. In November 2016 Michael Morpurgo won the J M Barrie Award for his contribution to children’s literature.This award is given every year by Action for Children’s Arts to a “children’s arts practitioner” whose lifetime’s work has delighted children and will stand the test of time.Running wild is a children’s adventure fiction novel. In this novel the story of a young boy named Will is told through captivating chapters. The emotion throughout the novel is strong and the narrative holds deeper conceptual meanings. Discover the beautiful stories of Michael Morpurgo, author of Warhorse and the nation’s favourite storyteller An epic and heart-rending jungle adventure from the bestselling author of Kaspar and Born to Run. It has information on the war in Iraq, deforestation, endagered species, and the connection of people to animals and nature, how they can heal a broken heart. Also, how small things can make one huge difference, and happiness is important. David Wood, chair of Action for Children’s Arts, said Morpurgo is “one of our greatest storytellers”. I really enjoy Michael Morpurgo's story lines, most of them are adventurous and emotional making his books good reads. I think his style of writing is also very descriptive making his books engaging and entertaining.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop