Lynda La Plante Anna Travis Mysteries 4 Books Collection Pack Set RRP: £29.96 (Clean Cut, Above Suspicion, Blind Fury, Silent Scream)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Lynda La Plante Anna Travis Mysteries 4 Books Collection Pack Set RRP: £29.96 (Clean Cut, Above Suspicion, Blind Fury, Silent Scream)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Anna Travis (a Detective Inspector) has to fight time to catch the copycat killer. She turns to James Langton (a brilliant Detective Chief Inspector and Anna’s mentor); the rough patch they are going through in their relationship complicates things. And then a second girl turns up dead. The Travis/Langton history seems to be being rewritten. In the previous book, he not only did something highly illegal and unethical, but he threatened her career if she told anyone, saying he'd make sure everyone believed she was only making these accusations because he'd broken up with her. Langton has been something of a creep in all the books, but to me this showed a level of abuse that couldn't be excused in any way. Oddly, that aspect of the story is now being completely glossed over. Another pacing issue lies with Travis's constant personal drama and soul-searching -- having broken up with Chief Superintendent James Langton after a fairly melodramatic affair -- and her constant stress to still be able to deal with him every day as her superior. While this fits in with the pair's dramatic relational issues in previous novels, the tone is completely different and nearly every time that Travis really gets going on the case, she gets caught up in drama with Langton. The mood is claustrophobic--the action takes place in the murder room (a specifically British, if not British crime fiction creation), in interrogation rooms with hostile witnesses, at crime scenes and, occasionally, at Anna's home or the home of a lover--all of whom are with the police and involved in one way or another with this increasingly complex case. Dedicated, intuitive and utterly obsessive, DCI James Langton is ruthless in his pursuit of a gang of illegal immigrants, killers of a young prostitute. When he is horrifically, almost fatally injured by one of them, it falls upon DI Anna Travis to put her own career on hold as she nurses him through his intense frustration and desperation to bring his would-be murderer to justice.

In this novel, James Langton is haunted by an unsolved case from 13 years ago in which a 13 year old girl disappeared from a street in London. The catch was that the street was very busy at the time, and it was in daytime, but no one saw anything. I really enjoy the relationship of both characters and now, thanks to the TV dramas I can picture them too !! The second series was equally as successful and was broadcast in two parts. The network was happy and a third series was filmed, again with Kelly Reilly as DC Anna Travis. Deadly Intent Lynda La Plante is an award winning and bestselling English novelist and screenwriter. She is best known for her Prime Suspect ITV series starring Jane Tennison. Anna Travis does her usual thing in this novel, going off on dangerous tangents alone. Yes, yes, we know she will get into trouble, jeopardise the investigation etc etc, but it all turns out okay in the end, doesn't it?

The “Anna Travis” series was made into a series, that La Plante wrote and produced. Ciaran Hinds and Kelly Reilly starred. BEST LYNDA LA PLANTE BOOKS Series two was based on La Plante’s second novel of the same name, Red Dahlia. Reilly reprised her role as Anna Travis and La Plante did the adaptations for the show herself. TV Spielfilm Award at the International Film and Television Festival Conference in Cologne, Germany in 2008 for her television adaptation of her novel Above Suspicion

After leaving school, Lynda La Plante briefly worked as a trainee at a fashion house before moving to London to pursue an acting career. She landed a role in a touring production of the musical Cabaret and later worked as a nightclub hostess to make ends meet. In the early 1970s, she turned to writing, penning episodes of popular British television shows like Z-Cars and The Sweeney. Terrible for the too-vivid descriptions of the crimes and the corpses, and the casual way everyone agrees that sex workers are terrible people who deserve horrible deaths.Kitapta 24 yaşında oyuncu kızımız Amanda'nın evinde yatağında cıplak ve ölü bir şekilde bulunması ve bu cinayetin araştırılması etrafında dönüyor. Kızımız iyi biri değil önüne gelenle yatmış kokain vs herşey var. Şüpheliler o kadar çok ki şöyle bişey bekliyorsunuz liste uzun hepsiyle ilgili araştırmalar yapılacak ama içlerinden bi tanesi katil sonuçta ama öyle değil maşallah her araştırdıkları kişinin bi pisliği çıktı hani kimse masum değil bu kitapta diyebilirim o yüzden bu araştırmalar bir sürü şüpheli sorgulamalar beni hiç sıkmadı haliylede çok sevdim. Her first book went over extremely well, and other famous novels came to follow. One of her best known stories is The Talisman, published in 1987, closely followed by Bella Mafia in 1990. Soon afterward, she began work on Prime Suspect, which starred Helen Mirren. This opened the door for La Plante to win an Edgar-Award from the Mystery-Writers of America for her impressive work on the show. The Red Dahlia– Detective Anna Travis is working on a horrific, brutal murder case that has created a media frenzy. The victim, Louise Pennel, a 24-year-old, single, ‘fun-loving’ girl, was last seen in a London nightclub wearing a sequinned mini-dress and a red rose in her hair. Lynda La Plante was born on March 15th 1943, in Liverpool, in the UK. She is the author of the Anna Travis novels, but she is best known for being the creator of the Prime Suspect TV series, which has been on TV for a number of years.

Stylistically, this is different from many of the books I usually enjoy. The writing is pretty basic. Heavy on dialogue. A little detached and distant. This is the first I'd not read but because I'd fallen behind it had already been on TV....I usually get to read them first. So that was a shame as it was only on this year, I think. I still greatly enjoyed it, though, and WILL get the next one read before the drama is shown !! Her America trip rapidly approaching, and the Reynolds investigation more confused than ever, Anna realized she had to make a decision – leave Dewar in charge, and hope she didn’t mess things up, or forgo her once in a lifetime opportunity at FBI headquarters. What would she do? He protests in a convincing way, and Anna might just be giving in to his attention. What if he is put in jail for the crime, but he is innocent? Will he be able to deal with the media attention from that?I liked the main character Anna Travis. I thought the supporting characters did their job, and I enjoyed the sexual tension between Travis and Langton, her boss--maybe a bit of a trope, but effective all the same. I also liked the serial killer, who reminded me of Dorian Gray (one of my all time favorite villains/books.) Having said that, for the life of me I could not work out why Senior FBI Agent Jessie Dewar. What on earth she was doing there, why she had to be so universally unpleasant, difficult, opinionated, escaped me completely. Unless she was there to be the token out of step foreigner? Still can't get it straight in my own mind. Each book (this one is # 9) follows cases, some cold, some not. Anna has to prove herself to the team and she does so brilliantly. She sees things that others do not ... she's like a professional problem solver. Angered at being passed over for promotion to commander in favour of the younger, less experienced Sam Power, Langton heads the investigation into the murder of temperamental, promiscuous film star Amanda Delaney, who was seemingly about to embark on tell-tale memoirs. Langton and Travis are interested in a crucifix found on the corpse which did not belong to the victim.

Woods, Judith (17 October 2008). "Lynda La Plante's life story will be 'vicious' ". The Daily Telegraph. London . Retrieved 25 December 2008. While this book is an entertaining, hard-pounding mystery, it just isn't as good as the previous books in the Anna Travis series. LaPlante's skill as a writer is still apparent here -- the case is woven together in a very clever way; the connections between people and evidence slowly come together to explain the case -- but it takes far too long to bring these connections together, which severely brings the pace down. While LaPlante's descriptions are phenomenally specific and help move the reader between plot points and through the mystery, this detail becomes too much several times throughout the novel and seems to distract from the plot more than add to it. She then appeared in other well-known TV shows such as The Sweeney, The Professionals and Z-Cars. Then her career took her towards kids shows before she decided that she wanted to be a scriptwriter.La Plante is set to release her new Anna Travis book, Wrongful Death, this year. In this book, Travis and Langton are re-opening an old case that was thought to be a suicide. Guest cast in this series include Robbie Gee as Silas Roach and Andrew Woodall as David Rushton. The first episode opened with 5.495 million viewers on ITV, a 19.5% share, with another 326,000 on ITV HD. It was narrowly beaten by BBC One's new series of Silent Witness which, with 5.877 million viewers, had a 20.9% share of the 9-10pm audience. [8] Episode Lynda La Plante’s novels were turned into a TV show in 2009. The TV show was called Above Suspicion, after her first novel. The TV show is based on the books, which are about DC Anna Travis. Series One

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop